- Hrithik agrees to pay 380 crore to SussanneSee pics: Richa Chadda looks sizzling hot on Tamanchey posterSalman Khan is the King of 100 crore clubSpecial prayers to celebrate EidOMG! Shruti Haasan and Tamannah Bhatia caught kissing?Two tigers killed every weekAishwarya's hot red desi avatarShruti Haasan beats exboyfriend Siddharth, Dhanush and RajinikanthFunny video of Baby Doll Sunny Leone in BhojpuriSewai is special on Eid
Writhing in pain, young Vikas Thakur produced the lift of his lifetime to clinch the bron
This World Cup is gonna be ours: Chris Gayle Last Updated : 06 Oct 2012 10:34:18 AM IST File Photo
Opener Chris Gayle, who hammered an unbeaten 75 to help West Indies reach the finals, on Friday sounded the battle cry against Sri Lanka, saying his team will definitely win the World Twenty20 on Sunday.
Riding on Gayle's blistering 41-ball 75, West Indies today mauled Australia by 74 runs in the second semifinals to set up a summit clash with Sri Lanka on Sunday and the flamboyant opener declared they will definitely come on top.
"World Cup is definitely ours, sorry Sri Lanka, but I think it is our World Cup. The support will be more for West Indies on Sunday. We love Sri Lanka, but sorry, it is going to be West Indies all the way. The final will be a good final but We will on top, definitely," Gayle said after the match.
"We needed this victory badly and I am overall happy with the performance. Australia have been playing well so far, and to turn the table on them today was very pleasant," he added.
Gayle said the key for him was to hang around till the end of the innings.
"Initially I didn't get many strikes. The key for me was to be there till the 20th over. Support from Marlon (Samuels) and (Dwayne) Bravo was good and finally (Kieron) Pollard gave us a winning total. I didn't get strike but I didn't panic, the key was to take it as it comes and be there till the end," he said.
Gayle said his aim was to target the spinners.
"(Shane) Watson has been a genuine wicket-taker and (Mitchell) Starc has been bowling well up front. so we needed to target Hussey and spinner. We actually had a bit of power there and it paid off for us. I am happy with the team performance," he said.
West Indies skipper Darren Sammy also praised his team for an overall performance today.
"We did what we had to do, everybody turned up. Chris and Marlon set it up for us and then the bowling turned up too," Sammy said with a smile.
"If you look at the quality in the dressing room, if we go out on the field and execute we can beat any team and we did play like a dangerous force today," he added.
Crestfallen after the defeat, Australian skipper George Bailey said: "We were absolutely outplayed."
"Gayle was subdued for a while but while he's at the crease he's always in your mind. But we set ourselves to get to the semi-finals and I don't think there's one area specifically where we can improve on. But from tonight you can probably say all three!" he added.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Hrithik Roshan's estranged wife Sussanne Khan recently asked for Rs 400 crore alimony for
- See pics: Richa Chadda looks sizzling hot on Tamanchey poster
- Salman Khan is the King of 100 crore club
- OMG! Shruti Haasan and Tamannah Bhatia caught kissing?
- Aishwarya's hot red desi avatar
- Shruti Haasan beats exboyfriend Siddharth, Dhanush and Rajinikanth
- Funny video of Baby Doll Sunny Leone in Bhojpuri
- How Priyanka Chopra became Mary Kom
- Ten things you did not know about Dhanush
With a string of harrowing incidents that have left the nation enraged, parents have been
Handset maker Oplus Technologies has launched its smartphone, XonPhone 5 in the Indian mar