- Katie Holmes shares beauty tipsHalle Berry launched lingersPics: Bollywood celebrities who attended Aamir Khan\'s diwali partyImages: Happy New Year movie stars dazzle in DubaiSONGS: Manna Dey had a mesmerising voice!PM Modi celebrates Diwali with jawans at Siachen'PK' is the toughest role of my career: Aamir KhanFirst fish hospital in Kolkata soonMany faces of Shah Rukh KhanIndia celebrates Diwali with traditional fervour
Sardar Singh will lead a 21-member Indian men’s hockey squad for the four-match Test tou
Sunrisers Hyderabad win IPL 2013 debut game Last Updated : 05 Apr 2013 11:31:48 PM IST Kumar Sangakkara is bowled by Rahul Sharma
Sunrisers Hyderabad won their debut match in IPL after defeating Pune Warriors India by 22 runs.
Chasing a modest target of 127 runs, Pune team were all out for 104 runs in the 18.5 overs.
Earlier, Sunrisers Hyderabad failed to impress with their batting as they could score just 126 for six in their opening Pepsi IPL match against Pune Warriors here at Rajiv Gandhi International stadium, Uppal, Hyderabad on Friday.
Put into bat, Sunrisers made a steady start but later lost wickets at a regular interval to post a small total in their first IPL match under a new name at the Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium.
They failed to stitch any substantial partnership, the highest being the opening stand of 34 from 32 balls between Parthiv Patel (19) and Akshath Reddy (27).
Sri Lankan Thisara Perera top-scored with a 18-ball 30 which he made with the help of three fours and a six while Akshath Reddy was the other notable contributor.
Warriors' bowlers put up a disciplined effort to deny the home side easy runs. Pacer Ashok Dinda was the pick of bowlers with two wickets for 29 runs. Four other bowlers -- Rahul Sharma, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Marlon Samuels and Yuvraj Singh -- took a wicket each.
Sunrisers made a steady start with Parthiv and Akshath Reddy raising 34 runs for the opening wicket before the former was dismissed by Dinda, clean-bowled for 19 in the sixth over.
Pune, who opened bowling with off-spinner Marlon Samuels, then tightened the grip by removing Sunrisers captain Kumar Sangakkara (15) in the 10th over with leg-spinner Rahul Sharma taking the wicket with a gem of a ball.
Sangakkara was beaten in the flight and as he charged out for a big hit, the tossed-up delivery went past his bat before hitting the middle stump.
The home side skipper hit two fours in his 16-ball knock and Sunrisers were 60 for two when Sangakkara was out and with half their innings over.
Rahul Sharma was bowling at his best at that stage with one wicket at the expense of just six runs in two overs.
Yuvraj Singh played his part with his left-arm spin as he clean-bowled opener Akshath Reddy with a quicker delivery as Sunrisers were reduced to 72 for three in the 13th over.
Sunrisers struggled for runs as they were 87 for four at the end of the 15th over
The home side tried their best to get maximum runs in the last five overs but could add just 39 with Perera scoring most of the runs.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Model-actress Elizabeth Hurley enjoyed a fun day out with her son Damian.
- Katie Holmes shares beauty tips
- Jennifer Aniston set wedding details
- Katy Perry cancels birthday trip to Egypt?
- Halle Berry launched lingers
- Pics: Bollywood celebrities who attended Aamir Khan's diwali party
- Images: Happy New Year movie stars dazzle in Dubai
- SONGS: Manna Dey had a mesmerising voice!
- 'PK' is the toughest role of my career: Aamir Khan
Country's first fish hospital to treat abnormalities and diseases in them is set to come u
Korean handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its most expensive device in the country