- See Deepika-Ranbir pics when they were in loveRam Gopal Verma is happy that India lost the matchPICS:Modi, Satyarthi in greatest leaders list of FortuneTwitterati targets Anushka over Virat\'s poor showBajaj launches Pulsar RS 200Goa village bans kissing in publicWhy Ranbir Kapoor's father feels guilty?Was BCCI right in banning WAGS from meeting their spouses?Is Anushka the real reason for India losing the semi finals?Priyanka congratulates her 'Rival' Kangana!
Top-seeded Indian Grandmaster Koneru Humpy scored a fine positional victory overTingjei Le
Sunrisers Hyderabad win IPL 2013 debut game Last Updated : 05 Apr 2013 11:31:48 PM IST Kumar Sangakkara is bowled by Rahul Sharma
Sunrisers Hyderabad won their debut match in IPL after defeating Pune Warriors India by 22 runs.
Chasing a modest target of 127 runs, Pune team were all out for 104 runs in the 18.5 overs.
Earlier, Sunrisers Hyderabad failed to impress with their batting as they could score just 126 for six in their opening Pepsi IPL match against Pune Warriors here at Rajiv Gandhi International stadium, Uppal, Hyderabad on Friday.
Put into bat, Sunrisers made a steady start but later lost wickets at a regular interval to post a small total in their first IPL match under a new name at the Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium.
They failed to stitch any substantial partnership, the highest being the opening stand of 34 from 32 balls between Parthiv Patel (19) and Akshath Reddy (27).
Sri Lankan Thisara Perera top-scored with a 18-ball 30 which he made with the help of three fours and a six while Akshath Reddy was the other notable contributor.
Warriors' bowlers put up a disciplined effort to deny the home side easy runs. Pacer Ashok Dinda was the pick of bowlers with two wickets for 29 runs. Four other bowlers -- Rahul Sharma, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Marlon Samuels and Yuvraj Singh -- took a wicket each.
Sunrisers made a steady start with Parthiv and Akshath Reddy raising 34 runs for the opening wicket before the former was dismissed by Dinda, clean-bowled for 19 in the sixth over.
Pune, who opened bowling with off-spinner Marlon Samuels, then tightened the grip by removing Sunrisers captain Kumar Sangakkara (15) in the 10th over with leg-spinner Rahul Sharma taking the wicket with a gem of a ball.
Sangakkara was beaten in the flight and as he charged out for a big hit, the tossed-up delivery went past his bat before hitting the middle stump.
The home side skipper hit two fours in his 16-ball knock and Sunrisers were 60 for two when Sangakkara was out and with half their innings over.
Rahul Sharma was bowling at his best at that stage with one wicket at the expense of just six runs in two overs.
Yuvraj Singh played his part with his left-arm spin as he clean-bowled opener Akshath Reddy with a quicker delivery as Sunrisers were reduced to 72 for three in the 13th over.
Sunrisers struggled for runs as they were 87 for four at the end of the 15th over
The home side tried their best to get maximum runs in the last five overs but could add just 39 with Perera scoring most of the runs.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
They are no more a couple but once upon a time Deepika Padukone and Ranbir Kapoor were muc
- OMG! Shahid is marrying this year
- PICS:Ram Gopal Verma is happy that India lost the match
- Kim adopts new look
- Why Ranbir Kapoor's father feels guilty?
- Priyanka congratulates her 'Rival' Kangana!
- Are Sara Khan and Pratyusha Banerjee lesbians?
- Pics: seven hot kisses of Ranbir-Anushka in Bombay Velvet
- PICS:Nargis Fakhri looks Stunning in AsiaSpa cover
A video of a girl getting ready to have a bath is going viral on the internet.
Huawei's smartphone e-brand for digital natives, announced the first flash sale of its fla