- Sunny Leone\'s Pink Lips song crosses 10 million hits on YouTubeImages: Meet Navjot Singh Sidhu\'s glamorous daughter Rabia SidhuBigg Boss: Sonali, Gautam get cozy in bed, view picsAbhishek Bachchan\'s big brother is SRKRange Rover factory in China inauguratedRemedy on Dhanteras to become richRekha's vanity van tantrumsPICS: Celebrate eco-friendly DiwaliAamir, Ekta Kapoor to host Diwali card partyBill Clinton\'s Girlfriend Monica Lewinsky joins Twitter
India's chief hockey coach Terry Walsh sprang a surprise by resigning from his post beca
Anamul stars in Bangladesh's biggest one-day win Last Updated : 03 Dec 2012 10:55:15 AM IST Anamul Haque became the third Bangladesh teenager to score an ODI ton
Anamul Haque became the third youngest Bangladeshi to hit a hundred before the home team spun out the West Indies for their biggest one-day win of 160 runs on Sunday.
Anamul scored a dominating 120 in Bangladesh's imposing 292-6 before spinners Abdur Razzak (3-19) and Sohag Gazi (3-21) dismissed the tourists for a low score of 132 in 31.1 overs in the second one-day for a 2-0 lead in the five-match series.
Bangladesh won Friday's first match by seven wickets, also in Khulna.
But the hosts took a giant leap today as they achieved their biggest one-day win, improving on their 146-run win over Scotland in Dhaka six years ago.
The West Indies were never in the hunt for the big target chase, losing wickets at regular intervals as the Bangladeshi spinners once again made stroke-play difficult for the batsmen on a slow Sheikh Abu Naser Stadium pitch.
Only Darren Bravo (28) and Kieron Pollard (25) offered some resistance as the top-order West Indian batsmen Chris Gayle (15), Marlon Samuels (16) and Lendl Simmons (nine) failed once more.
Gayle hit two boundaries and a six before edging paceman Mashrafe Mortaza to wicket-keeper Mushfiqur Rahim, while Simmons and Samuels were dismissed by Gazi who remained the best home bowler in Tests and one-days.
Bravo added 41 for the third wicket with Samuels before left-arm spinner Razzak struck thrice, dismissing Dwayne Smith (nought) in his second over and had Bravo and Devon Thomas (nought) in his fourth.
Rahim praised Anamul's knock.
"Boys really played well, especially Anamul and everyone took the responsibility. It is a great opportunity for the young guys in the team to develop," said Rahim.
West Indian captain Darren Sammy said his team was outplayed.
"Bangladesh outplayed us in both these games. Both the bowling and the batting are areas of concern. We need to dig deeper if we have to come back from behind in this series. We have the guys to do that," said Sammy.
Earlier, it was the 19-year-old right-hander Anamul who in only his second one-day set up the win with a solid 174-run partnership with Rahim (79).
Anamul pulled a short ball from Ravi Rampaul in the 47th over to become the third youngest Bangladeshi and the eighth youngest in the world to score a century, behind countrymen Tamim Iqbal and Shakib Al Hasan.
Anamul faced 145 balls and hit 13 fours and two sixes, lifting the innings during a sixth wicket stand of 64 with Mominul Haque (31) as the hosts scored 86 in the last 10 overs.
The Anamul-Rahim stand is a new record for Bangladesh-West Indies one-days, beating the 146 between Ramnaresh Sarwan and Samuels in Dhaka 10 years ago.
It also becomes the highest total by Bangladesh in all one-days against the West Indies, improving on 276-7 they scored in Dominica three years ago.
Bangladesh had lost Tamim Iqbal (five) and Naeem Islam (six) by the seventh over but Anamul and Rahim repaired the innings.
Paceman Rampaul was the best among the tourists, finishing with a career-best 5-49.
The third match is in Dhaka on December 5.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Because of her illness, the actress had to call off a promotional appearance for season tw
- Sunny Leone's Pink Lips song crosses 10 million hits on YouTube
- Images: Meet Navjot Singh Sidhu's glamorous daughter Rabia Sidhu
- Toni Garrn enjoys Tennis with Leonardo
- Bigg Boss: Sonali, Gautam get cozy in bed, view pics
- Priyanka gives up Diwali celebrations
- Abhishek Bachchan's big brother is SRK
- When Randeep Hooda, Nandana Sen go nude for Kahe Sataye song from Rang Rasiya: Watch
- Kareena flaunts cleavage at IIFA 2014, view pic
In a spooky mix-up, a woman in the UK was horrified at receiving text messages from her de
Korean handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its most expensive device in the country