- Akshay Kumar praises Salman after Shilpa Shetty\'s husband dissesOMG!! Salman Khan behind ending Kapil Sharma YashRaj dreamWhy Virat blushed at Anushka\'s nameWhat happened between Ranbir, DeepikaPics: Ranbir Kapoor wants to wed girlfriend Katrina Kaif soonPreity Zinta accuses Ness Wadia of throwing cigarette at her faceWho is the sexiest among Salman Khan\'s girls?Ranbir, Katrina and Ranveer, Deepika are double dating in France?Raj Kundra dares Salman KhanHot PICS of Vaani Kapoor
The unprecedented success achieved in the last edition would be hard to replicate this tim
India vs England,Live Cricket Score:England all out for 413 at tea Last Updated : 25 Nov 2012 02:06:31 PM IST India vs England,Live Cricket Score: Second Test at Mumbai - Day Three
England were all out for 413 in their first innings at tea on the third day of the second cricket Test against India at Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai on Sunday.
Cook struck his second hundred, 122, in as many innings while Pietersen notched his first of the series as England batted their way to within 29 runs of the home side's first innings total of 327 before India broke the double century stand.
Off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin finally brought an end the 206-run third-wicket partnership by sending back Cook with 35 minutes to go for lunch and then Pragyan Ojha, who had taken both visiting team wickets yesterday, claimed Jonny Bairstow to restore the balance for the home team.
At lunch, the visitors looked poised to take the lead and put pressure on the hosts when they were 298 for four with Pietersen going strong on 138 after facing 178 balls and hitting 17 fours and a six.
England set off at a rapid pace as compared to yesterday this morning as Cook and Pietersen raced to their respective 22nd hundreds within a space of 10 minutes.
England skipper Alastair Cook and Kevin Pietersen challenged the Indian spinners successfully on a turning wicket to carry England to 178 for two in response to hosts' first-innings score of 327 on day two of the second cricket Test on Saturday.
Brief Scores: India 327 (Cheteshwar Pujara 135, Ravichandran Ashwin 68; Monty Panesar 5 for 129, Greame Swann 4 for 70) lead England 178 for 2 ( Alastair Cook 87*, Kevin Pietersen 62*; Pragyan Ojha 2 for 65) by 149 runs.
Highlights of Second test
With 304 runs at an average of 152.00, Cook became the first batsman to manage 300 runs in the series for England.
Jonathan Trott has scored just 0, 17 and 0 in the current series. His only fifty in his last eight innings is 63 against South Africa at Lord's in August this year. Thanks to his below average performance, Trott's career average fell below 50 - 48.08.
Trott is averaging just 29.82 in nine Tests in the sub-continent - 507 runs, including a hundred and three fifties.
Monty Panesar (5/129) has registered his first instance of five wickets in an innings against India - his eleventh in Test Cricket.
Panesar has produced two other instances of five-wicket hauls in the sub-continent - against Pakistan. Cook and Pietersen has produced his third highest partnership (110 - unbroken) for England against India in India.
India: Gautam Gambhir, Virender Sehwag, Cheteshwar Pujara, Sachin Tendulkar, Virat Kohli, Yuvraj Singh, MS Dhoni (c) (wk), Ravichandran Ashwin, Harbhajan Singh, Zaheer Khan, Pragyan Ojha.
England: James Anderson, Stuart Broad, Monty Panesar, Graeme Swann, Samit Patel, Alastair Cook (c), Nick Compton, Jonathan Trott, Kevin Pietersen, Jonathan Bairstow, Matt Prior (wk).
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
'Highway' girl Alia Bhatt adores heartthrob Ranbir Kapoor and the cute face actress had a
- Akshay Kumar praises Salman after Shilpa Shetty's husband disses
- OMG!! Salman Khan behind ending Kapil Sharma YashRaj dream
- Why Virat blushed at Anushka's name
- What happened between Ranbir, Deepika
- Pics: Ranbir Kapoor wants to wed girlfriend Katrina Kaif soon
- Who is the sexiest among Salman Khan's girls?
- Ranbir, Katrina and Ranveer, Deepika are double dating in France?
- Raj Kundra dares Salman Khan
The Zoology department of Jawaharlal Nehru College (JNC) at Pasighat in East Siang distric
LG Electronics has launched its new flagship smartphone LG G3.