- Spanish nanny for Prince GeorgePICS:Jacqueline Fernandez\'s Love DietSonakshi walks for Manish MalhotraAAP leaders wage war on TwitterMadhurima flaunts hot bod in swimsuit, view picsWhen sports falls for politicsB-Town attends Bobby Chawla\'s prayer meetProof: Justin Selena an item againPICS: Holi special photo shootThe sex-siren Poonam Pandey turns 23
The event was organized in the region with an objective to revive the game of Royal and El
India start preparations for England series with light session Last Updated : 09 Nov 2012 08:36:20 PM IST File photo
The Indian squad, barring Harbhajan Singh, on Friday had its first day's training session at the Cricket Club of India here ahead of the Test series against England starting November 15.
The squad had a two-hour training, overseen by chief coach Duncan Fletcher, bowling coach Joe Dawes and fielding coach Evan Speechly, at the Brabourne Stadium.
The light training session started with a stint of football, as has been the custom in recent years, followed by proper net sessions of batting and bowling.
All the batsmen, who are expected to make up the first Test line-up at Ahmedabad from November 15, had a decent stint against the likes of Zaheer Khan, Ishant Sharma, Pragyan Ojha, R Ashwin and local net bowlers.
The focus was on Zaheer, who had had cramps during the Ranji Trophy opener while playing for Mumbai against Railways.
The left-arm pacer had a half an hour bowling stint at the likes of skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni without going flat out.
Conspicuously absent was Harbhajan, included in the Test squad after being in the wilderness for more than a year. He failed to make it because of a delayed flight, it was learnt.
The off-spinner has the chance to make up for the lost time on the next two full days' training.
After the conclusion of the three-day preparatory camp, the team will depart on November 12 for the Test series opener at the Motera Stadium in Ahmedabad.
The same 15 has been retained for the second match of the rubber at Wankhede Stadium here from November 23. The last two matches of the series will be played at Kolkata (December 5-9) and Nagpur (December 13-17).
The England squad is already in Ahmedabad playing their third and final warm-up tour game against Haryana.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Sonakshi Sinha, who flaunted her newly-acquired svelte figure at the Lakme Fashion Week su
- Salman is the soul of 'Bigg Boss'
- Jennifer Aniston pregnant again?
- Ayushmann challenges Ranbir, Ranveer
- PICS:Jacqueline Fernandez's Love Diet
- Meera Chopra calls Parineeti ‘Stupid’
- Sonakshi walks for Manish Malhotra
- Madhurima flaunts hot bod in swimsuit, view pics
- Salman Khan’s ‘O Teri’ title song teaser: Watch now
Whether you believe in ghosts and spirits or not, there are people who have had spooky exp
The much-talked about Nokia Android mobile phone has finally arrived in Indian market.