- Daisy wants to explore moreHathaway flaunts baby bumpsSonam sends love to Fawad on birthdayPriyanka accepts defeat from Dilwale at Box officeRanveer says Priyanka better than DeepikaSRK did not want to use word 'Gerua'PM Modi Mobbed by Media for 'Selfie''Tamasha' collects Rs 10.87 crore on Day 1Preity Zinta is in no mood of tying the knot for a year atleastUnknown facts about Yami Gautam
Britain won the Davis Cup for the first time in 79 years in Ghent on Sunday when Andy Murr
India start preparations for England series with light session Last Updated : 09 Nov 2012 08:36:20 PM IST File photo
The Indian squad, barring Harbhajan Singh, on Friday had its first day's training session at the Cricket Club of India here ahead of the Test series against England starting November 15.
The squad had a two-hour training, overseen by chief coach Duncan Fletcher, bowling coach Joe Dawes and fielding coach Evan Speechly, at the Brabourne Stadium.
The light training session started with a stint of football, as has been the custom in recent years, followed by proper net sessions of batting and bowling.
All the batsmen, who are expected to make up the first Test line-up at Ahmedabad from November 15, had a decent stint against the likes of Zaheer Khan, Ishant Sharma, Pragyan Ojha, R Ashwin and local net bowlers.
The focus was on Zaheer, who had had cramps during the Ranji Trophy opener while playing for Mumbai against Railways.
The left-arm pacer had a half an hour bowling stint at the likes of skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni without going flat out.
Conspicuously absent was Harbhajan, included in the Test squad after being in the wilderness for more than a year. He failed to make it because of a delayed flight, it was learnt.
The off-spinner has the chance to make up for the lost time on the next two full days' training.
After the conclusion of the three-day preparatory camp, the team will depart on November 12 for the Test series opener at the Motera Stadium in Ahmedabad.
The same 15 has been retained for the second match of the rubber at Wankhede Stadium here from November 23. The last two matches of the series will be played at Kolkata (December 5-9) and Nagpur (December 13-17).
The England squad is already in Ahmedabad playing their third and final warm-up tour game against Haryana.Source:PTI, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Daisy Shah trying to go beyond expectations.
- Hathaway flaunts baby bumps
- Sonam sends love to Fawad on birthday
- Priyanka accepts defeat from Dilwale at Box office
- Ranveer says Priyanka better than Deepika
- SRK did not want to use word 'Gerua'
- Not interested in awards: 'Baahubali' director
- 'Tamasha' collects Rs 10.87 crore on Day 1
- Preity Zinta is in no mood of tying the knot for a year atleast
Watch a taxi modelling on the ramp,Thailand's contestant will be wearing a tuk-tuk dress
Smartphones and tablets are becoming the preferred choices for Chinese consumers to do onl