- Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie's wedding images reveal special gown designStory of Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's next movie Jazbaa revealedModi's music-magic lures allHot pics from Sonam Kapoor\'s latest Vogue photoshootSridevi\'s \'English Vinglish\' mints $1 million in JapanAlia-Shahid start shooting for ShaandarB-Wood leggy divasSussane Khan brought Ganapati alone in her new homeShekhar Kapoor’s ‘Paani’ girl Ayesha Kapur is a hot girlWhy is Katrina praising ex boyfriend Salman so much
Novak Djokovic didn't let Philipp Kohlschreiber stand in the way of another Grand Slam qu
India start preparations for England series with light session Last Updated : 09 Nov 2012 08:36:20 PM IST File photo
The Indian squad, barring Harbhajan Singh, on Friday had its first day's training session at the Cricket Club of India here ahead of the Test series against England starting November 15.
The squad had a two-hour training, overseen by chief coach Duncan Fletcher, bowling coach Joe Dawes and fielding coach Evan Speechly, at the Brabourne Stadium.
The light training session started with a stint of football, as has been the custom in recent years, followed by proper net sessions of batting and bowling.
All the batsmen, who are expected to make up the first Test line-up at Ahmedabad from November 15, had a decent stint against the likes of Zaheer Khan, Ishant Sharma, Pragyan Ojha, R Ashwin and local net bowlers.
The focus was on Zaheer, who had had cramps during the Ranji Trophy opener while playing for Mumbai against Railways.
The left-arm pacer had a half an hour bowling stint at the likes of skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni without going flat out.
Conspicuously absent was Harbhajan, included in the Test squad after being in the wilderness for more than a year. He failed to make it because of a delayed flight, it was learnt.
The off-spinner has the chance to make up for the lost time on the next two full days' training.
After the conclusion of the three-day preparatory camp, the team will depart on November 12 for the Test series opener at the Motera Stadium in Ahmedabad.
The same 15 has been retained for the second match of the rubber at Wankhede Stadium here from November 23. The last two matches of the series will be played at Kolkata (December 5-9) and Nagpur (December 13-17).
The England squad is already in Ahmedabad playing their third and final warm-up tour game against Haryana.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Check out the much-awaited first song from the film Happy New Year Indiawaale.
- Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie's wedding images reveal special gown design
- Story of Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's next movie Jazbaa revealed
- Hot pics from Sonam Kapoor's latest Vogue photoshoot
- Sridevi's 'English Vinglish' mints $1 million in Japan
- Alia-Shahid start shooting for Shaandar
- B-Wood leggy divas
- Sussane Khan brought Ganapati alone in her new home
- When public watched porn film instead of Desi Kattey songs
Claudio Vieira de Oliveira was born with his neck folded back. Read about his inspirationa
With rumors of an imminent launch early next month, let's show you how the iPhone 6 will l