- SONGS: Manna Dey had a mesmerising voice!PM Modi celebrates Diwali with jawans at Siachen'PK' is the toughest role of my career: Aamir KhanFirst fish hospital in Kolkata soonMany faces of Shah Rukh KhanIndia celebrates Diwali with traditional fervourCamila Alves pressured husbandActress caught having sex in public placeRanveer Singh sizzles with Parineeti ChopraNissan rolls out premium Evalia
Sardar Singh will lead a 21-member Indian men’s hockey squad for the four-match Test tou
India start preparations for England series with light session Last Updated : 09 Nov 2012 08:36:20 PM IST File photo
The Indian squad, barring Harbhajan Singh, on Friday had its first day's training session at the Cricket Club of India here ahead of the Test series against England starting November 15.
The squad had a two-hour training, overseen by chief coach Duncan Fletcher, bowling coach Joe Dawes and fielding coach Evan Speechly, at the Brabourne Stadium.
The light training session started with a stint of football, as has been the custom in recent years, followed by proper net sessions of batting and bowling.
All the batsmen, who are expected to make up the first Test line-up at Ahmedabad from November 15, had a decent stint against the likes of Zaheer Khan, Ishant Sharma, Pragyan Ojha, R Ashwin and local net bowlers.
The focus was on Zaheer, who had had cramps during the Ranji Trophy opener while playing for Mumbai against Railways.
The left-arm pacer had a half an hour bowling stint at the likes of skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni without going flat out.
Conspicuously absent was Harbhajan, included in the Test squad after being in the wilderness for more than a year. He failed to make it because of a delayed flight, it was learnt.
The off-spinner has the chance to make up for the lost time on the next two full days' training.
After the conclusion of the three-day preparatory camp, the team will depart on November 12 for the Test series opener at the Motera Stadium in Ahmedabad.
The same 15 has been retained for the second match of the rubber at Wankhede Stadium here from November 23. The last two matches of the series will be played at Kolkata (December 5-9) and Nagpur (December 13-17).
The England squad is already in Ahmedabad playing their third and final warm-up tour game against Haryana.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Manna Dey may not be as celebrated a singer as others but he has his own list of loyalist
- 'PK' is the toughest role of my career: Aamir Khan
- Bollywood goes gaga over 'PK' teaser
- Many faces of Shah Rukh Khan
- Men tried to harass Taylor Swift
- Scarlett named most fascinating people
- Camila Alves pressured husband
- Actress caught having sex in public place
- Ranveer Singh sizzles with Parineeti Chopra
Country's first fish hospital to treat abnormalities and diseases in them is set to come u
Korean handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its most expensive device in the country