- People stop taking calls if you deliver a flop: Abhishek BachchanChinkara poaching case: Salman thanks fans for prayers, supportAkshay had a ball shooting cameo for 'Dishoom'Iulia Vantur celebrated birthday with Salman KhanICW 2016: Rohit Bal adds Russian touch to India fashionB-Town hails Salman's acquittal in poaching casesKangana turns Mughal empress for at the FDCI India Couture Week 2016Why not: Kangana on getting married more than once'Madaari': A heartbreaking wake-up callVijay Raaz did 'Mission Tiger' for free
Amandeep Drall carded five under 67 in the second round to grab the lead in the 11th leg o
T 20 Fall Out: Spit in Pakistani team, Razzaq accuses Hafeez of biased behaviour Last Updated : 07 Oct 2012 03:38:29 PM IST Spit in Pakistani team, Razzaq accuses Hafeez of biased behaviour
After its ouster from the World Twenty 20,there is a split in the Pakistan team as Abdul Razzaq has accused Pakistan captain Mohammad Hafeez of biased behaviour.
Abdul Razzaq expressed his disappointment at being dropped from the lost semifinal against Sri Lanka. Razzaq, who returned to his hometown Lahore, revealed to the media at the airport that it was the unilateral decision of the captain not play him although the team management thought differently.
"I felt hurt at the way I was made to sit outside and watch the team lose. Even former Indian captain, Sourav Ganguly said I would have been useful in the lower order on a slow and turning track," Razzaq stated.
"I know the team management didn't drop me it was Hafeez and he should now speak up and admit it was his own decision," Razzaq said.
Even a Pakistani newspaper on Tuesday reported that the Pakistani players are busy in internal politics and grouping to let down each other instead of being a unit to win the game.
Hafeez, on returning to Pakistan on Saturday, had claimed that the decision to drop Razzaq was taken by the team management since they wanted to play someone who could bowl spin.
Razzaq was played in just one match of the tournament against Australia in which he scored a useful 22 runs but was not given a single over by his captain.
In the very next match against Sri Lanka, Hafeez preferred to pick Sohail Tanvir in place of Razzaq in a low scorer -- a decision which has been criticised by former players and critics.
"I was very sad and disappointed to not get a chance to play in the semifinal. I was mentally prepared for the big match and it came as a huge letdown to know I was not playing," Razzaq said."Hafeez should not deflect the blame to the board and management and should own up that it was his decision to drop me," he added.
The veteran of 46 tests, 265 one-day internationals and 30 T20s said before the semifinal the Sri Lankans were worried to learn that he and Shahid Afridi would be playing in the semifinal.
"They were concerned because we are senior players and we have performed against them in the past," Razzaq added. "If he has dropped me, he should say that it was his (Hafeez's) decision to drop me, and that he is the captain and it's his planning."
The allrounder said after the team qualified for the semifinals it was in high spirits and the players were in favour of fielding an unchanged side for the knockout game.
"The only that regret that will remain is that our team lost, and lost out on a world cup," he said. He pointed out that he was disappointed and upset at missing out on the semifinal because when 57 runs were needed in the last eight overs, it was the ideal situation for him to come in and do something for the team.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Pakistani actress Mahira Khan, who is gearing up for her Bollywood debut with superstar Sh
- I'll be expected to deliver bigger film after 'Sultan': Director
- 'Jagga Jasoos' is a much-awaited film for me: Ranbir Kapoor
- 'The BFG' has critical digital effects: Steven Spielberg
- Combination of hard work, luck helped in industry, says Raftaar
- Ten unknown facts about Huma Qureshi
- Sidharth, Katrina's 'Kala Chashma' a hit on YouTube
- Poonam Pandey all set with her new video for her fans
- Signed 'Hera Pheri' 3 last year, still clueless when it'll begin: Ankita Shorey
An international team of scientists has identified a rare new species of beaked whale that
Route Mobile Limited, a messaging and voice API company, on Thursday announced it has acqu