- Pics: Thousands bid farewell to Lee in SingaporeYoungsters 'happier and healthier' than ten years agoAustralia bags 5th World Cup titleDeepika bats for women equalityAditi Arya crowned Miss India 2015Saina becomes World No.1 woman shuttlerKatrina Kaif unveils her wax statue at Madame TussaudsSee Deepika-Ranbir pics when they were in loveRam Gopal Verma is happy that India lost the matchPICS:Modi, Satyarthi in greatest leaders list of Fortune
Kidambi Srikanth on Sunday gave delight to the nation by clinching men's singles titles at
India stay alive in Azlan Shah, beat Pakistan 3-1 Last Updated : 13 Mar 2013 09:58:39 AM IST File photo.
India were in a spot of bother ahead of the match after losing their opening two encounters, and another loss today would have virtually shut the door on Michael Nobbs' wards.
But, it was not to be, as India scored through Rupinder Pal Singh (5th minute), Akashdeep Singh (9th) and Mandeep Singh (56th) to seal the issue in their favour after Mohammad Waqas gave Pakistan the lead in the fourth minute of the game.
By virtue of today's win, India have moved up in the team standings to the fourth position ahead of Pakistan with three points from as many games.
It was an enthralling encounter between the two Asian giants, who adopted a cautious approach in the initial stages of the match.
India beats Pakistan 3-1 to stay alive in Azlan Shah Cup:
Going by the share of ball possession, Pakistan, by far, were the better side on display at least in the opening half.
The Pakistanis put the Indian defence under tremendous pressure in the opening few minutes of the game.
Their efforts produced result immediately when Waqas deflected in skipper Muhammad Imran's flick after Pakistan tried a variation from their first penalty corner.
But the Indians hardly took any time to bounce back as they pumped in two goals in a span of five minutes to stun their neighbours.
Rupinder restored parity for India in the fifth minute converting India's only penalty corner of the match with a fierce drag-flick which beat Pakistan goal-keeper Imran Butt all ends up.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood star Deepika Padukone, along with 98 other women from Mumbai have featured in a
- Shruti to face cheating Case
- Katrina Kaif unveils her wax statue at Madame Tussauds
- See Deepika-Ranbir pics when they were in love
- OMG! Shahid is marrying this year
- PICS:Ram Gopal Verma is happy that India lost the match
- Kim adopts new look
- Why Ranbir Kapoor's father feels guilty?
- Priyanka congratulates her 'Rival' Kangana!
A new study reveals the secret of why men likes to grow their beards.
Mobile commerce is likely to overtake e-commerce in the next few years, spurred by the con