- Pics: B-Town celebrates P.V. Sindhu's Olympic win'Happy Bhag Jayegi': A light-hearted, feel-good filmCelebrities hail Sakshi Malik's Olympic winPink is not a film about rape, says Amitabh BachchanOn Rakhi, TV actors recount memories with 'partners in crime'B-Town celebs wish Navroz Mubarak to ParsisBritish-era bunker unearthed in Raj BhavanLeaked: Sex Scenes from award winning film 'Parched'Entertainment Being an actress, I can be anybody: Priyanka ChopraCheck out Salman's 'Tubelight' first look
Delhi Dynamos FC on Wednesday announced the signing of Spanish midfielder Marcos Tebar for
India stay alive in Azlan Shah, beat Pakistan 3-1 Last Updated : 13 Mar 2013 09:58:39 AM IST File photo.
India were in a spot of bother ahead of the match after losing their opening two encounters, and another loss today would have virtually shut the door on Michael Nobbs' wards.
But, it was not to be, as India scored through Rupinder Pal Singh (5th minute), Akashdeep Singh (9th) and Mandeep Singh (56th) to seal the issue in their favour after Mohammad Waqas gave Pakistan the lead in the fourth minute of the game.
By virtue of today's win, India have moved up in the team standings to the fourth position ahead of Pakistan with three points from as many games.
It was an enthralling encounter between the two Asian giants, who adopted a cautious approach in the initial stages of the match.
India beats Pakistan 3-1 to stay alive in Azlan Shah Cup:
Going by the share of ball possession, Pakistan, by far, were the better side on display at least in the opening half.
The Pakistanis put the Indian defence under tremendous pressure in the opening few minutes of the game.
Their efforts produced result immediately when Waqas deflected in skipper Muhammad Imran's flick after Pakistan tried a variation from their first penalty corner.
But the Indians hardly took any time to bounce back as they pumped in two goals in a span of five minutes to stun their neighbours.
Rupinder restored parity for India in the fifth minute converting India's only penalty corner of the match with a fierce drag-flick which beat Pakistan goal-keeper Imran Butt all ends up.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Megastar Amitabh Bachchan will be back on the small screen as a host for a special episode
- Why did Kajol decide to marry Ajay Devgn?
- Chunky Pandey excited about his new project
- Akshay starts 'Jolly LLB 2' journey from Lucknow
- Ranbir Kapoor willing to play homosexual on screen
- Captured: Tiger Shroff and Disha Patani on Secret Holiday
- Rhea Chakraborty meets Liam Cunningham
- Congress will win in UP in 2017: Sheila
- Orlando Bloom warned Miranda Kerr about his naked images
Believe it or not, dogs have the ability to distinguish words and the intonation of human
Domestic smartphone-maker Intex technologies on Wednesday announced its partnership with R