- Kajol and Karan Johar bitter spatAamir U-turn on Rani Mukerji\'s MardaaniPoonam Pandey sheds her clothes for Ice Bucket ChallengeBachchan's cheer for KabaddiFurore over Kunal Khemu\'s controversial \'shiva\' tattooGauahar-Kushal relationship on the rocksTop con films of BollywoodGlobal Honour for King KhanKajol\'s day outPics: Katrina Kaif is voted the Sexiest Woman Alive
Russian tennis superstar Maria Sharapova booked her US Open third-round berth with a gri
Somdev leapfrogs 65 places to 250 Last Updated : 04 Mar 2013 02:45:30 PM IST File Photo
Continuing to reclaim lost ground in the ATP rankings, Somdev Devvarman on Monday jumped 65 places to 250th to be India's best-placed singles player in the list issued.
Somdev was ranked 62nd in the world in 2011 before poor form combined with a shoulder surgery kept him out of action for the better part of the 2012 season. The Indian's ranking took a severe beating in this period.
He last week beat Russian world number 167 Igor Kunitsyn to earn 45 ranking points and climb up the ladder.
Yuki Bhanabri is the next best Indian in the singles list at 266, down 15 places.
Also sliding in the list was Sanam Singh, who now finds himself at 216 after losing 21 places.
In the doubles rankings, Leader Paes continued to be the best Indian at number 8, followed by Mahesh Bhupathi (11), who whose position was unchanged after defending his title at the Dubai Tennis championships.
Rohan Bopanna dropped out of top-10, losing two positions to be at number 12.
In the WTA rankings, Sania Mirza was unmoved at number 14.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Once known as industry's closest buddies, Karan Johar and Kajol are not friends anymore
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt to shoot intimate scenes for film?
- Aamir U-turn on Rani Mukerji's Mardaani
- Poonam Pandey sheds her clothes for Ice Bucket Challenge
- Bachchan's cheer for Kabaddi
- Furore over Kunal Khemu's controversial 'shiva' tattoo
- Gauahar-Kushal relationship on the rocks
- Top con films of Bollywood
- Global Honour for King Khan
Half-naked revellers pelted each other with tomatoes and bathed in red goo in Spain's Toma
Xiaomi will be launching its affordable smartphone Redmi 1s in India on Sept 2.