- Katrina keeps eye on Ranbir, DeepikaRani Mukherjee escapes a near stampedeSexy Radhika to romance Varun DhawanReleased: Second poster of PK featuring Aamir KhanShah Rukh Khan’s Mannat hit by controversyLFW 2014: Sushsets the ramp on fire, view picsRare pics of Rajiv GandhiWhy are Salman Khan and Ajay Devgn giving bribes?Fans wowed to see Deepika in a wedding outfitAlia Bhatt’s onscreen lip locks, view pics
Top-ranked Novak Djokovic is seeded No. 1 for the US Open, and five-time champion Roger F
Brilliant Raghunath single-handedly claims 3rd spot for UP Last Updated : 11 Feb 2013 11:12:03 AM IST File Photo
Captain V R Raghunath led from the front, scoring four goals including a hat-trick, to help Uttar Pradesh Wizards claim the third spot in the inaugural Hockey India League with a come-from-behind 4-3 win over Jaypee Punjab Warriors, on Sunday.
Raghunath single-handedly spoiled Punjab's party with sheer individual brilliance as he converted four penalty corners to ensure the win for the Wizards' after they were down 0-3 till the 39th minute.
The Warriors, however, were the better side on display, at least in the opening half, as they controlled the proceedings from the onset at the floodlit Astroturf Hockey Stadium.
Mark Knowles (4th minute), S V Sunil (8th) and Ranjit Singh (39th) scored for the Warriors to hand them a commanding lead in the game.
But riding on skipper Raghunath?s (42nd, 62nd, 64th, 85th) precise penalty corner conversions, the Wizards made a strong comeback in the second half to not only level the scoreline but finish on the podium.
However, it was the Warriors who dominated the early exchanges and broke the deadlock just four minutes into the game through Knowles.
The Warriors doubled their lead four minutes later through a diving Sunil who deflected in from a penalty corner. The UP team went for the referral but it went against them.
Ranjit then made the scoreline 3-0 in favour of the Warriors through a field effort.
Raghunath pulled one back for the Wizards in the 42nd minute from a penalty corner.
Trailing 1-3, the Wizards pressed hard for goals thereafter and it took two brilliant corner conversions from skipper Raghunath in a span of three minutes to draw parity and take match into extra time.
In the two extra time periods of seven-and-a-half minutes a piece both the teams did not give an inch to the other and failed to break the deadlock till the final minute.
The Wizards earned an important penalty corner in the final minute of additional time and an accurate Raghunath made no mistake to sign off a memorable day for him as well as his team.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Flooded with offers of "weird" scripts, Hindi film and television actress Monica Bedi on W
- Ranbir wants Salman, SRK and Aamir together
- Pics: Rapper Honey Singh injured on the sets of India's Raw Star
- Aamir Khan says there's a story in all 12 PK posters
- Pics: Amitabh Bachchan reveals look of Dhanush in Shamitabh
- Singham Returns enters the Rs 100 crore club in 5 days
- Katrina keeps eye on Ranbir, Deepika
- Rani Mukherjee escapes a near stampede
- Sexy Radhika to romance Varun Dhawan
It is super wired, shocking and unnatural but it is true. A donkey in Saudi avoided rape a
Buyers are always on the lookout for the cheap and best and here are the best budget smart