- Pics: B-Town celebrates P.V. Sindhu's Olympic win'Happy Bhag Jayegi': A light-hearted, feel-good filmCelebrities hail Sakshi Malik's Olympic winPink is not a film about rape, says Amitabh BachchanOn Rakhi, TV actors recount memories with 'partners in crime'B-Town celebs wish Navroz Mubarak to ParsisBritish-era bunker unearthed in Raj BhavanLeaked: Sex Scenes from award winning film 'Parched'Entertainment Being an actress, I can be anybody: Priyanka ChopraCheck out Salman's 'Tubelight' first look
With India, a country of over 1.2 billion people, managing to win only two medals in the j
Akhilesh blames BSP regime for unemployment in UP Last Updated : 23 Feb 2013 09:29:42 AM IST File photo: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Friday lashed out at the previous BSP regime for failing to create employment opportunities as well as rampant corruption following which some of its ministers were later arrested.
Intervening on the debate on Governor's address in the Assembly, Akhilesh said that had the previous government worked on creating more jobs in its rule, there would not have been the need for the present government to give unemployment allowance to about 11.5 lakh jobless youths.
Somewhat accepting the opposition charges that the funds of last year's budget have not been spent because of paucity of time (as last year's budget was presented in June), Yadav promised that all the promises made by the ruling party in its election manifesto would be fulfilled.
In the same context, the chief minister lashed out at the previous government for wasting crores on parks and memorial as well as massive corruption following which some of its ministers had to be arrested.
Stressing that more job opportunities would have to be created in agriculture and industrial sector in order to end unemployment, he said that until all the youths get jobs, the state government would provide unemployment allowance.
On the Kumbh preparations, the chief minister praised the efforts of Public Works Department (PWD) minister Shivpal Singh Yadav and chairman of mela organising committee, Azam Khan saying that it attracted people from all over the world.
Referring to the tragedy which struck on the Mauni Amavasya day at the Allahabad railway station, he said that it was unfortunate and it was not right to level political charges till the completion of inquiry into it.
He claimed that because of hike in sugarcane support prices, farmers have had an additional income of Rs 3,000 crores.
The motion of thanks on the Governor's address was later passed by a voice vote after a reply by senior SP leader Shivkant Ojha who had initiated the debate in the absence of main opposition party (BSP) which had already staged a walk out for the day on a different issue.
Earlier during the Zero Hour, as Shamsher Bahadur (BSP) and Dalbir Singh (RLD) through separate adjournment notices raised the issues of non payment of cane arrears worth Rs 4,000 crores and closed sugar mill in Mathura respectively, BSP leader Swami Prasad Maurya and parliamentary affairs minister Azam Khan traded charges leading to a walkout by the BSP for a while.
The loot at the office of Muthoot finance company in Lucknow yesterday found an echo in the Assembly through another adjournment notice by Shyam Dev Roychaudhary of BJP, who termed it as a big question mark on law and order situation.
Parliamentary affairs minister Azam Khan sounded a bit critical when he said that the state's home department has not provided the details of the incident to him even after 24 hours have passed but assured that the government was serious on the matter.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Singer Palak Muchhal broke down while recording a song titled “Lori” for Mahesh Bhatt'
- Would love to go out-of-the-box, says Abhay Deol
- While kissing in A Flying Jat,Jacqualine-Tiger refused to hear cut
- Jackie Chan is Renny Harlin's icon
- 'Freaky Ali' team to launch menswear label in Dubai
- Taapsee, Neeraj Pandey team up for 'Meera'
- Want no cookie cutter beauty queen: Lara Dutta
- 'Top Cat' actor, Marvin Kaplan dead
- Shahid-Meera to announce good news soon
The world's largest natural pearl will be put on display in the Philippines soon, after th
South Korean electronics conglomerate LG on Friday launched a new X Cam smartphone in Indi
- Jio does Apple, people throng Reliance Stores for free 4G test SIM
- Microsoft acquires Genee to accelerate intelligent experiences in Office 365
- Gionee launches selfie-focussed smartphone in India
- Microsoft's OneNote tool now available for Mac
- Huawei P9 with dual-lens camera launched in India at Rs 39,999