- Pics: Sonam, Aditya dazzle on Blenders Pride Fashion Tour runwayYuvraj-Hazel's Goa wedding and reception picsKahaani 2: Will break your heart, grip your sensesSalman to appear on 100th episode of 'Koffee With Karan'70th anniversary of India-Russia diplomatic ties celebratedTen reasons why you should not miss 'Kahaani 2'Stylise your look with a dupatta differentlyMovie Review: 'Moana', A spunky princess who entertainsMedia will anyway gossip about me: Sunny LeoneInside pics of Yuraj-Hazel wedding
Tens of thousands of people packed the stadium in the southern Brazilian city of Chapeco t
Akhilesh blames BSP regime for unemployment in UP Last Updated : 23 Feb 2013 09:29:42 AM IST File photo: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Friday lashed out at the previous BSP regime for failing to create employment opportunities as well as rampant corruption following which some of its ministers were later arrested.
Intervening on the debate on Governor's address in the Assembly, Akhilesh said that had the previous government worked on creating more jobs in its rule, there would not have been the need for the present government to give unemployment allowance to about 11.5 lakh jobless youths.
Somewhat accepting the opposition charges that the funds of last year's budget have not been spent because of paucity of time (as last year's budget was presented in June), Yadav promised that all the promises made by the ruling party in its election manifesto would be fulfilled.
In the same context, the chief minister lashed out at the previous government for wasting crores on parks and memorial as well as massive corruption following which some of its ministers had to be arrested.
Stressing that more job opportunities would have to be created in agriculture and industrial sector in order to end unemployment, he said that until all the youths get jobs, the state government would provide unemployment allowance.
On the Kumbh preparations, the chief minister praised the efforts of Public Works Department (PWD) minister Shivpal Singh Yadav and chairman of mela organising committee, Azam Khan saying that it attracted people from all over the world.
Referring to the tragedy which struck on the Mauni Amavasya day at the Allahabad railway station, he said that it was unfortunate and it was not right to level political charges till the completion of inquiry into it.
He claimed that because of hike in sugarcane support prices, farmers have had an additional income of Rs 3,000 crores.
The motion of thanks on the Governor's address was later passed by a voice vote after a reply by senior SP leader Shivkant Ojha who had initiated the debate in the absence of main opposition party (BSP) which had already staged a walk out for the day on a different issue.
Earlier during the Zero Hour, as Shamsher Bahadur (BSP) and Dalbir Singh (RLD) through separate adjournment notices raised the issues of non payment of cane arrears worth Rs 4,000 crores and closed sugar mill in Mathura respectively, BSP leader Swami Prasad Maurya and parliamentary affairs minister Azam Khan traded charges leading to a walkout by the BSP for a while.
The loot at the office of Muthoot finance company in Lucknow yesterday found an echo in the Assembly through another adjournment notice by Shyam Dev Roychaudhary of BJP, who termed it as a big question mark on law and order situation.
Parliamentary affairs minister Azam Khan sounded a bit critical when he said that the state's home department has not provided the details of the incident to him even after 24 hours have passed but assured that the government was serious on the matter.loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Director Amit Roy's "Runningshaadi.com", starring Taapsee Pannu and Amit Sadh, is schedule
- ‘Befikre' has more than just kissing scenes, says Ranveer
- Kunal Kohli slams method of film promotions
- Mouni Roy to perform at Kid's Choice Awards 2016
- Sanam Teri Kasam' to be screened at film festival in Moscow
- Yuvraj, Hazel a handsome couple: Rishi Kapoor
- Yuvraj-Hazel's Goa wedding and reception pics
- 'Jolly LLB 2' first look released
- 'Kahaani 2': Will break your heart, grip your senses
Doctors in a UAE hospital are celebrating the successful delivery of its smallest patient,
As the year draws to a close, Google on Friday announced Google Plays top trending apps, g