- India\'s first seaplane serviceWhy did Kareena Kapoor refuse to work with Farhan Akhtar?Nayana arrested for blackmailing with sex tapeTop most Sexy South SirensIn pics: Upcoming movies of Bollywood superstar Salman KhanOMG! Saif caught with pants down, view picsNew Alto K10 to launch next monthParties begin in Rajesh Khanna\'s AashirwaadEkta Kapoor's Box Cricket LeagueWatch Deepika Padukone promoting Happy New Year
South African prison officials say Oscar Pistorius spent his first night in a single cell
Nukkad Natak 'Chuppi Todo' staged in Noida Last Updated : 25 Jan 2013 05:21:19 PM IST Students participate in a street play to create awareness towards violence against children and women.
Street play (Nukkad Natak) "Chuppi Todo" was staged in Hoshiyarpur area by a group of students and volunteers of The Art of Living.
"The objective behind the street play was to motivate women break their silence and raise voice over the atrocities and violence on them," Sanjay Singh, organiser of the event said. It also aimed at making males realise gender equality and respect women, he said adding, "We informed people during the street play about the 3 R's (Recognise, Resist and Report)."
The street play was followed by a walkathon in Hoshiyarpur village, in which over 500 students and employees of a private firm participated. "The walkathon was aimed to prevent the sexual abuse of children," Singh said.
“We want to rekindle the flame in each and every person for it is time to change and respect fellow human beings. India has to change and it will have to… Human values have to be respected and we need this to be part of our daily lives. We will dedicate our time and energy to make a better life for our present and future generations."
The campaign is rooted in the philosophy that social cognition through the medium of mass communication is a viable method to bring about awareness about gender sensitization. The campaign is unique in that it is for the first time in India that a campaign of such a magnitude using a film is carried out on a subject that society hears but does not talk about.”
Sanjay Dabru of Om Foundation is working with Hoshiyarpur community since 2002 and he is of the opinion that “we want children to be safe in our community and we will take all possible steps to protect them”
Watch the short film 'Chuppi Todo'
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
The best friends in Bollywood, superstars Salman Khan and Aamir Khan, will be seen togethe
- Why did Kareena Kapoor refuse to work with Farhan Akhtar?
- Nayana arrested for blackmailing with sex tape
- Top most Sexy South Sirens
- In pics: Upcoming movies of Bollywood superstar Salman Khan
- OMG! Saif caught with pants down, view pics
- Parties begin in Rajesh Khanna's Aashirwaad
- Ekta Kapoor's Box Cricket League
- Watch Deepika Padukone promoting Happy New Year
In a spooky mix-up, a woman in the UK was horrified at receiving text messages from her de
Korean handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its most expensive device in the country