- Why is Aamir Khan taking steroids?Salman Khan will be acquitted in Hit-and-Run case?Detective Sushant visits old Delhi railway stationTry these 5 Lazy Ways to Stay SlimKim blasts on Kris JennerPics: Thousands bid farewell to Lee in SingaporeYoungsters 'happier and healthier' than ten years agoAustralia bags 5th World Cup titleDeepika bats for women equalityAditi Arya crowned Miss India 2015
Kidambi Srikanth on Sunday gave delight to the nation by clinching men's singles titles at
Nukkad Natak 'Chuppi Todo' staged in Noida Last Updated : 25 Jan 2013 05:21:19 PM IST Students participate in a street play to create awareness towards violence against children and women.
Street play (Nukkad Natak) "Chuppi Todo" was staged in Hoshiyarpur area by a group of students and volunteers of The Art of Living.
"The objective behind the street play was to motivate women break their silence and raise voice over the atrocities and violence on them," Sanjay Singh, organiser of the event said. It also aimed at making males realise gender equality and respect women, he said adding, "We informed people during the street play about the 3 R's (Recognise, Resist and Report)."
The street play was followed by a walkathon in Hoshiyarpur village, in which over 500 students and employees of a private firm participated. "The walkathon was aimed to prevent the sexual abuse of children," Singh said.
“We want to rekindle the flame in each and every person for it is time to change and respect fellow human beings. India has to change and it will have to… Human values have to be respected and we need this to be part of our daily lives. We will dedicate our time and energy to make a better life for our present and future generations."
The campaign is rooted in the philosophy that social cognition through the medium of mass communication is a viable method to bring about awareness about gender sensitization. The campaign is unique in that it is for the first time in India that a campaign of such a magnitude using a film is carried out on a subject that society hears but does not talk about.”
Sanjay Dabru of Om Foundation is working with Hoshiyarpur community since 2002 and he is of the opinion that “we want children to be safe in our community and we will take all possible steps to protect them”
Watch the short film 'Chuppi Todo'
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Mr Aamir Khan is a perfectionist. He takes nothing in between his roles and his real life.
- Salman Khan will be acquitted in Hit-and-Run case?
- Detective Sushant visits old Delhi railway station
- PICS:Kim blasts on Kris Jenner
- Video+Pics:Deepika bats for women equality
- Shruti to face cheating Case
- Katrina Kaif unveils her wax statue at Madame Tussauds
- See Deepika-Ranbir pics when they were in love
- OMG! Shahid is marrying this year
A new study reveals the secret of why men likes to grow their beards.
Mobile commerce is likely to overtake e-commerce in the next few years, spurred by the con