- Shahrukh wrapped 'Dilwale' shootBipasha sizzles in bikini at MaldivesHow romantic Salman and Sonam look together in Prem ratan Dhan Payo!Rani Mukerji on Vogue, Kajol on ElleKalki Koechlin turns showstopper for Gaurav GuptaYakub Memon buried at Bada Khabristan'Missile Man' laid to rest with emotional farewellMercedes launches 3 new modelsDhanush's movie reached Venice Film FestivalKareena, Arjun's most awaited film 'Ka and Ki' of year 2016
Ace Indian shuttler Saina Nehwal is confident of recovering from her shoulder pain and reg
Nukkad Natak 'Chuppi Todo' staged in Noida Last Updated : 25 Jan 2013 05:21:19 PM IST Students participate in a street play to create awareness towards violence against children and women.
Street play (Nukkad Natak) "Chuppi Todo" was staged in Hoshiyarpur area by a group of students and volunteers of The Art of Living.
"The objective behind the street play was to motivate women break their silence and raise voice over the atrocities and violence on them," Sanjay Singh, organiser of the event said. It also aimed at making males realise gender equality and respect women, he said adding, "We informed people during the street play about the 3 R's (Recognise, Resist and Report)."
The street play was followed by a walkathon in Hoshiyarpur village, in which over 500 students and employees of a private firm participated. "The walkathon was aimed to prevent the sexual abuse of children," Singh said.
“We want to rekindle the flame in each and every person for it is time to change and respect fellow human beings. India has to change and it will have to… Human values have to be respected and we need this to be part of our daily lives. We will dedicate our time and energy to make a better life for our present and future generations."
The campaign is rooted in the philosophy that social cognition through the medium of mass communication is a viable method to bring about awareness about gender sensitization. The campaign is unique in that it is for the first time in India that a campaign of such a magnitude using a film is carried out on a subject that society hears but does not talk about.”
Sanjay Dabru of Om Foundation is working with Hoshiyarpur community since 2002 and he is of the opinion that “we want children to be safe in our community and we will take all possible steps to protect them”
Watch the short film 'Chuppi Todo'
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Kareena Kapoor Khan will be the showstopper for the grand finale of Lakme Fashion
- Shahrukh wrapped 'Dilwale' shoot
- Riteish supports Salman's tweets on Yakub Memon
- Bipasha sizzles in bikini at Maldives
- Madhur, Aditi Hydari to dazzle the ramp at IIJW
- A Pak girl crosses border to meet Salman-Sharukh, BB style
- How romantic Salman and Sonam look together in Prem ratan Dhan Payo!
- Caitlyn and Kris's first meet after gender transition
- See what tough time Katrina-Saif had shooting for Phantom
A Hong Kong woman was sentenced to three-and-a-half months in jail on Thursday after a cou
If these images are to be believed, we would be seeing a couple of design innovations that