- Nana Patekar\'s temper is justified: John AbrahamBigg Boss 9: Let’s know the possible contestants of the showWill Radhe Maa enter Bigg Boss 9?These figures support Kangana's frustrationsShah Rukh wraps \'Dilwale\' shooting in IcelandKangana Ranaut to play an actress in \'Rangoon\'Kareena Kapoor, Gaurav Gupta close Lakme Fashion WeekKaran Johar to start filming \'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil\' in LondonI am protective about Shahid says Shaandaar AliaDid \'Shaandar\' because concept was fresh: Shahid Kapoor
The Delhi High Court revoked the conferment of Rashtriya Khel Protsahan Puraskar (RKPP) 20
Nukkad Natak 'Chuppi Todo' staged in Noida Last Updated : 25 Jan 2013 05:21:19 PM IST Students participate in a street play to create awareness towards violence against children and women.
Street play (Nukkad Natak) "Chuppi Todo" was staged in Hoshiyarpur area by a group of students and volunteers of The Art of Living.
"The objective behind the street play was to motivate women break their silence and raise voice over the atrocities and violence on them," Sanjay Singh, organiser of the event said. It also aimed at making males realise gender equality and respect women, he said adding, "We informed people during the street play about the 3 R's (Recognise, Resist and Report)."
The street play was followed by a walkathon in Hoshiyarpur village, in which over 500 students and employees of a private firm participated. "The walkathon was aimed to prevent the sexual abuse of children," Singh said.
“We want to rekindle the flame in each and every person for it is time to change and respect fellow human beings. India has to change and it will have to… Human values have to be respected and we need this to be part of our daily lives. We will dedicate our time and energy to make a better life for our present and future generations."
The campaign is rooted in the philosophy that social cognition through the medium of mass communication is a viable method to bring about awareness about gender sensitization. The campaign is unique in that it is for the first time in India that a campaign of such a magnitude using a film is carried out on a subject that society hears but does not talk about.”
Sanjay Dabru of Om Foundation is working with Hoshiyarpur community since 2002 and he is of the opinion that “we want children to be safe in our community and we will take all possible steps to protect them”
Watch the short film 'Chuppi Todo'
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Nana Patekar is known for his short temper but his "Welcome Back" co-star John Abraham say
- Bigg Boss 9: Let’s know the possible contestants of the show
- Ram Gopal Varma deliberately violated 'Sholay' copyright: HC
- Miley Cyrus announces new album during VMAs performance
- Riteish kicked Elli Avram from 'Housefull 3'
- Big B files police complaint against dirty sms
- Will Radhe Maa enter Bigg Boss 9?
- Video: Hrithik, Sonam reprise 'Dheere Dheere Se'
- These figures support Kangana's frustrations
Scientists have discovered that Roman-era Egyptian mummy portraits used the pigment Egypti
Lenovo starts smartphone manufacturing in India.