- Katrina shares her look from 'Jagga Jasoos'I fear getting complacent in showbiz: Kalki KoechlinDance respected and accepted as career option today: Geeta KapurCommon myths about modular kitchens bustedAnna Hazare to appear on The Kapil Sharma ShowModern day jewellery trendsKangana an inspiration to many: TamannaahPriyanka Chopra inspires Disha PataniKnow all about Yuvraj-Hazel December weddingSmall screen celebrities who were fired from their jobs
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday congratulated Indian medallists at the recently-hel
Ruckus in UP Assembly over sugarcane pricing delay Last Updated : 05 Dec 2012 02:29:22 PM IST File Photo
As soon as the House assembled this morning, leader of opposition and BSP leader Swami Prasad Maurya charged the government with "betraying" the farmers by delaying the announcement of the SAP.
Later, BJP, Congress and RLD MLAs joined the protest and barged into the well of the house, carrying placards, asking
the government to announce the SAP.
The Parliamentary Affairs minister Azam Khan regretted the stance of the opposition parties, which demanded the winter session of the House to be extended, were now disrupting the proceedings.
Maurya questioned the reasons for the delay, which he said was driving farmers to burn their crop. He also alleged that there was an effort to "hijack" the proceedings of the house at the behest of Azam Khan.
Amid the slogans, Khan was heard taking a dig at BSP, by saying that "the party which had compromised with the interest
of farmers during the five years of its government and went on to sell the sugar mills to land mafia at throwaway prices and
looted farmers had no right to speak up for them".
As some members tried to push through the marshals, the speaker rushed through the agenda for the last day of the
winter session today.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
British rock band's lead vocalist and pianist Chris Martin accidentally referred to Indian
- Deepika reveals her first kiss
- Katrina shares her look from 'Jagga Jasoos'
- I fear getting complacent in showbiz: Kalki Koechlin
- Big B's passion is of different level: Anees Bazmee
- Dhoni biopic to release in 4,500 screens across 60 countries
- Ali Fazal meets his Pakistani fans in London
- Dance respected and accepted as career option today: Geeta Kapur
- Actor Bill Nunn dead at 62
A human skeleton found during the ongoing excavation of the famous Antikythera Shipwreck -
Domestic app-based marketplace Zopper on Friday announced the pre-booking of Apple iPhone