- Freida to promote women empowerment at CannesDaily yoga can help reduce multiple sclerosis symptomsRelease of SRK's 'Raees' pushed to next yearWear sunglasses to avoid eye damageBig B, Kangana, Kalki, Kabir, Bhansali at their best in awards functionWant my fan base to increase in South: HumaSee what Bips made Karan do post weddingAndamans gets a leg-up to showcase heritageFIRST LOOK: Varun, Alia in 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania'Care for your hair in simple steps this summer!
The Indian women's hockey team lost 0-2 in their opening encounter of the five-match Test
Ruckus in UP Assembly over sugarcane pricing delay Last Updated : 05 Dec 2012 02:29:22 PM IST File Photo
As soon as the House assembled this morning, leader of opposition and BSP leader Swami Prasad Maurya charged the government with "betraying" the farmers by delaying the announcement of the SAP.
Later, BJP, Congress and RLD MLAs joined the protest and barged into the well of the house, carrying placards, asking
the government to announce the SAP.
The Parliamentary Affairs minister Azam Khan regretted the stance of the opposition parties, which demanded the winter session of the House to be extended, were now disrupting the proceedings.
Maurya questioned the reasons for the delay, which he said was driving farmers to burn their crop. He also alleged that there was an effort to "hijack" the proceedings of the house at the behest of Azam Khan.
Amid the slogans, Khan was heard taking a dig at BSP, by saying that "the party which had compromised with the interest
of farmers during the five years of its government and went on to sell the sugar mills to land mafia at throwaway prices and
looted farmers had no right to speak up for them".
As some members tried to push through the marshals, the speaker rushed through the agenda for the last day of the
winter session today.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
US-based Indian actress Freida Pinto will reportedly attend the upcoming 69th Cannes Inter
- Randeep Hooda brilliant in 'Sarbjit': Johnny Lever
- SRK, AbRam practise dance moves for KKR match
- Release of SRK's 'Raees' pushed to next year
- Justin Bieber being sued for $100,000
- Shekhar Suman again hits out at Kangana Ranaut
- National Awards: Big B 'touched' by president's speech
- Big B, Kangana, Kalki, Kabir, Bhansali at their best in awards function
- Evans, Downey Jr helped Holland in justifying Spiderma
In a weird incident in Turkey, a 34-year man was beaten black and blue for doing a lewd ac
Sony India on Monday launched a new portable wireless speaker for music aficionados in Ind