- Why Akshay Kumar did not celebrate DiwaliWhy Shraddha uncomfortable in kissing Emraan HashmiLava from Hawaii\'s Kilauea Volcano advancing,evacuation to beginHow Aaradhya Bachchan celebrated Diwali with familyAnushka and Virat spotted together againAamir Khan\'s special for Sanjay DuttNathuram Godse should have killed Nehru, not GandhiThunderous response to Shah Rukh Khan\'s Happy New Year:Rs 44.97 crore on Day 1Amitabh\'s Jalsa turns star studded this DiwaliDeepika challenges Sunny Leone
Simona Halep crushed AgnieszkaRadwanska 6-2 6-2 to join Serena Williams in the champions
Ram Navami celebrated in Ayodhya Last Updated : 12 Apr 2011 07:25:34 PM IST Ram Navami celebrated in Ayodhya
People in Ayodhya on Tuesday celebrated the festival of Ram Navami, which marks the birth of Lord Ram, with great fervour and religious harmony.
Lakhs of devotees took a dip in the Saryu river and visited the various temples. The annual fair was also organised on the banks of the river.
Special prayers were offered at mid-day, when Lord Ram is supposed to have been born.
Though there was a tight security arrangement, it was the first time in several years that the festival was celebrated here without any threat perception.
"There was no extremist threat to this large religious gathering of Ram Navami Mela, but we have made all possible arrangements to ensure the security of devotees," a police officer said.
Setting an example of communal harmony, members of the Muslim community came forward with a helping hand for the Hindu devotees who came from different parts of the country to celebrate the festival.
Members of the temple town's social organisation 'Ayodhya Ki Awaz' from both Hindu and Muslim communities along with other Muslim volunteers were active in the fair in assisting the devotees.
"We arranged drinking water and first aid at various points of the city to help devotees if they are in any problem," said Raees Ahmad, a Muslim youth.
"These Hindu devotees who came to Ayodhya to celebrate Ram Navami are like my personal guests so I am trying to serve them up to the possible extent," he added.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Akshay Kumar and his family did not celebrate the festival of Diwali this year.
- Why Shraddha uncomfortable in kissing Emraan Hashmi
- How Aaradhya Bachchan celebrated Diwali with family
- Sadashiv Amrapurkar critically ill
- Anushka and Virat spotted together again
- Katie Price wants to sell breast implants to fan
- Rajinikanth first look in ‘Lingaa’
- We will never remake 'Awara': Randhir Kapoor
- Lindsay Lohan gets upset when asked about imprisonment
Country's first fish hospital to treat abnormalities and diseases in them is set to come u
Korean handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its most expensive device in the country