- I fear getting complacent in showbiz: Kalki KoechlinDance respected and accepted as career option today: Geeta KapurCommon myths about modular kitchens bustedAnna Hazare to appear on The Kapil Sharma ShowModern day jewellery trendsKangana an inspiration to many: TamannaahPriyanka Chopra inspires Disha PataniKnow all about Yuvraj-Hazel December weddingSmall screen celebrities who were fired from their jobsDid you find SRK in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil'
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday congratulated Indian medallists at the recently-hel
Ram Navami celebrated in Ayodhya Last Updated : 12 Apr 2011 07:25:34 PM IST Ram Navami celebrated in Ayodhya
People in Ayodhya on Tuesday celebrated the festival of Ram Navami, which marks the birth of Lord Ram, with great fervour and religious harmony.
Lakhs of devotees took a dip in the Saryu river and visited the various temples. The annual fair was also organised on the banks of the river.
Special prayers were offered at mid-day, when Lord Ram is supposed to have been born.
Though there was a tight security arrangement, it was the first time in several years that the festival was celebrated here without any threat perception.
"There was no extremist threat to this large religious gathering of Ram Navami Mela, but we have made all possible arrangements to ensure the security of devotees," a police officer said.
Setting an example of communal harmony, members of the Muslim community came forward with a helping hand for the Hindu devotees who came from different parts of the country to celebrate the festival.
Members of the temple town's social organisation 'Ayodhya Ki Awaz' from both Hindu and Muslim communities along with other Muslim volunteers were active in the fair in assisting the devotees.
"We arranged drinking water and first aid at various points of the city to help devotees if they are in any problem," said Raees Ahmad, a Muslim youth.
"These Hindu devotees who came to Ayodhya to celebrate Ram Navami are like my personal guests so I am trying to serve them up to the possible extent," he added.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Kalki Koechlin says she fears getting comfortable in her zone, and that is why she keeps o
- Big B's passion is of different level: Anees Bazmee
- Dhoni biopic to release in 4,500 screens across 60 countries
- Ali Fazal meets his Pakistani fans in London
- Dance respected and accepted as career option today: Geeta Kapur
- Actor Bill Nunn dead at 62
- Jennifer Aniston pins divorce rumours with dinner date
- Anna Hazare to appear on The Kapil Sharma Show
- Looking forward to meet Dhoni: Disha Patani
A human skeleton found during the ongoing excavation of the famous Antikythera Shipwreck -
Domestic app-based marketplace Zopper on Friday announced the pre-booking of Apple iPhone