- Spice Girls reunite for Beckham\'s birthdayBarbra Streisand's dog attacks flight attendantRajasthan beat Delhi by 14 runs to jump to top spotKangana Ranaut is a winner of 62nd National Film Award for Best ActressSexy Sunny cheers for Kings XI PunjabKatrina-Aditya spent 12 hours to get intimate!Actress Karthik has narrow escapeCongrats! Rohit Sharma gets engaged to best friendUnknown facts of Sunny LeoneWomen gets intimate at bed time
Sim Bhullar, the seven-footer who became the first Indian-origin hoopster to play in the g
Ram Navami celebrated in Ayodhya Last Updated : 12 Apr 2011 07:25:34 PM IST Ram Navami celebrated in Ayodhya
People in Ayodhya on Tuesday celebrated the festival of Ram Navami, which marks the birth of Lord Ram, with great fervour and religious harmony.
Lakhs of devotees took a dip in the Saryu river and visited the various temples. The annual fair was also organised on the banks of the river.
Special prayers were offered at mid-day, when Lord Ram is supposed to have been born.
Though there was a tight security arrangement, it was the first time in several years that the festival was celebrated here without any threat perception.
"There was no extremist threat to this large religious gathering of Ram Navami Mela, but we have made all possible arrangements to ensure the security of devotees," a police officer said.
Setting an example of communal harmony, members of the Muslim community came forward with a helping hand for the Hindu devotees who came from different parts of the country to celebrate the festival.
Members of the temple town's social organisation 'Ayodhya Ki Awaz' from both Hindu and Muslim communities along with other Muslim volunteers were active in the fair in assisting the devotees.
"We arranged drinking water and first aid at various points of the city to help devotees if they are in any problem," said Raees Ahmad, a Muslim youth.
"These Hindu devotees who came to Ayodhya to celebrate Ram Navami are like my personal guests so I am trying to serve them up to the possible extent," he added.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Spice Girls Geri Halliwell, Melanie Chisholm and Emma Bunton have joined Victoria Beckham
- Barbra Streisand's dog attacks flight attendant
- Film industry should look beyond the market: Pranab Mukherjee
- Sexy Sunny cheers for Kings XI Punjab
- Katrina-Aditya spent 12 hours to get intimate!
- Actress Karthik has narrow escape
- Kangana gives miss to traditional outfit
- Unknown facts of Sunny Leone
- Ranveer explains his hospital selfie
Waste tyres can be a great environmental concern but a professor at a Japanese university
The Haryana government launched seven e-services and software applications in a measure to