- India launches its biggest rocketPICS: Prasoon Joshi pens poem on Peshawar massacreMeet Mr Praveen Mast the real 'PK'Leone calls Salman her godfatherThe Lunchbox named best film in TorontoHow Malala Yousafzai was sot dead:See in picsShocking pictures of Peshawar school attackFarha to replace Salman in 'Bigg Boss 8'Exclusive coffee table book for 'Kick' fansSchoolchildren observe silence
Boxer Sarita Devi, who had refused to accept her Asian Games bronze medal, was on Wednesda
Ram Navami celebrated in Ayodhya Last Updated : 12 Apr 2011 07:25:34 PM IST Ram Navami celebrated in Ayodhya
People in Ayodhya on Tuesday celebrated the festival of Ram Navami, which marks the birth of Lord Ram, with great fervour and religious harmony.
Lakhs of devotees took a dip in the Saryu river and visited the various temples. The annual fair was also organised on the banks of the river.
Special prayers were offered at mid-day, when Lord Ram is supposed to have been born.
Though there was a tight security arrangement, it was the first time in several years that the festival was celebrated here without any threat perception.
"There was no extremist threat to this large religious gathering of Ram Navami Mela, but we have made all possible arrangements to ensure the security of devotees," a police officer said.
Setting an example of communal harmony, members of the Muslim community came forward with a helping hand for the Hindu devotees who came from different parts of the country to celebrate the festival.
Members of the temple town's social organisation 'Ayodhya Ki Awaz' from both Hindu and Muslim communities along with other Muslim volunteers were active in the fair in assisting the devotees.
"We arranged drinking water and first aid at various points of the city to help devotees if they are in any problem," said Raees Ahmad, a Muslim youth.
"These Hindu devotees who came to Ayodhya to celebrate Ram Navami are like my personal guests so I am trying to serve them up to the possible extent," he added.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Shahid Kapoor was recently spotted by the paparazzis with a friend but what looked unusual
- Bollywood icons we lost in 2014, view pics
- Ranbir Kapoor, Katrina Kaif in 'Jagga Jasoos'
- Video: When Rajkumar Hirani rejected Anushka Sharma
- PK is a wonderful piece of cinema
- Rajinikanth to be grandfather soon
- Arpita-Ayush honeymoon pics
- Who looks prettiest in Big Star Award
- Top 10 secrets of 'PK' movie revealed
Eight coffins from Qing Dynasty (1636-1912) imperial figures, including Emperor Qianlong
Homegrown handset maker Lava on Tuesday launched a new smartphone -- Iris Fuel 60 -- offer