- Parineeti,Aditya ring in early Diwali at Times SquareKareena celebrates birthday with Saif AliBigg Boss 8: Grand opening on SundayKangana walks the ramp for Karan JoharDisha Patani in Karan Johar's sex comedyTollywood superstar Jeet wishes to work with Big BAshish's journey on 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 7'Inside PICS of 'Bigg Boss 8' house10 Unknown facts about Kareena KapoorNarula brothers wins \'KBC 8\'
Arsenal responded to midweek criticism with a 3-0 thrashing of Aston Villa in the Premier
Ram Navami celebrated in Ayodhya Last Updated : 12 Apr 2011 07:25:34 PM IST Ram Navami celebrated in Ayodhya
People in Ayodhya on Tuesday celebrated the festival of Ram Navami, which marks the birth of Lord Ram, with great fervour and religious harmony.
Lakhs of devotees took a dip in the Saryu river and visited the various temples. The annual fair was also organised on the banks of the river.
Special prayers were offered at mid-day, when Lord Ram is supposed to have been born.
Though there was a tight security arrangement, it was the first time in several years that the festival was celebrated here without any threat perception.
"There was no extremist threat to this large religious gathering of Ram Navami Mela, but we have made all possible arrangements to ensure the security of devotees," a police officer said.
Setting an example of communal harmony, members of the Muslim community came forward with a helping hand for the Hindu devotees who came from different parts of the country to celebrate the festival.
Members of the temple town's social organisation 'Ayodhya Ki Awaz' from both Hindu and Muslim communities along with other Muslim volunteers were active in the fair in assisting the devotees.
"We arranged drinking water and first aid at various points of the city to help devotees if they are in any problem," said Raees Ahmad, a Muslim youth.
"These Hindu devotees who came to Ayodhya to celebrate Ram Navami are like my personal guests so I am trying to serve them up to the possible extent," he added.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Indian actors Aditya Roy Kapur and Parineeti Chopra,promoting their new film, 'Daawat-e-Is
- Kareena celebrates birthday with Saif Ali
- Bigg Boss 8: Grand opening on Sunday
- Kangana walks the ramp for Karan Johar
- Disha Patani in Karan Johar's sex comedy
- Tollywood superstar Jeet wishes to work with Big B
- Watch the trailer of Ranveer-Parineeti's 'Kill Dil'
- Motion poster of 'The Shaukeens' released
- Hrithik's car bangbanged, goes home in auto
Generally we see dogs as a cheerful and playful animal. However, they too can be pessimist
Feature phone maker Jivi has launched its first affordable smartphone. The handset is pr