- AirAsia India's aircraft dedicated to 'Kabali'Kapil's on-screen lover Sumona Chakravarti caught smokingSalman Khan possessive for his girlfriend Iulia VanturPorsche launched 911 range in IndiaDebina Bonnerjee to join 'The Kapil Sharma Show'Painted stages of a woman's lifeAfter Sushant's stardom, Ankita Lokhande to make Bollywood debutDivyanka Tripathi confess about her weddingB'day Special: Lesser known facts about Chhoti AnandiKeep frizzy hair at bay this monsoon
Senior Indian basketball official Naresh Aneja was on Friday nominated to be one of eight
Ram Navami celebrated in Ayodhya Last Updated : 12 Apr 2011 07:25:34 PM IST Ram Navami celebrated in Ayodhya
People in Ayodhya on Tuesday celebrated the festival of Ram Navami, which marks the birth of Lord Ram, with great fervour and religious harmony.
Lakhs of devotees took a dip in the Saryu river and visited the various temples. The annual fair was also organised on the banks of the river.
Special prayers were offered at mid-day, when Lord Ram is supposed to have been born.
Though there was a tight security arrangement, it was the first time in several years that the festival was celebrated here without any threat perception.
"There was no extremist threat to this large religious gathering of Ram Navami Mela, but we have made all possible arrangements to ensure the security of devotees," a police officer said.
Setting an example of communal harmony, members of the Muslim community came forward with a helping hand for the Hindu devotees who came from different parts of the country to celebrate the festival.
Members of the temple town's social organisation 'Ayodhya Ki Awaz' from both Hindu and Muslim communities along with other Muslim volunteers were active in the fair in assisting the devotees.
"We arranged drinking water and first aid at various points of the city to help devotees if they are in any problem," said Raees Ahmad, a Muslim youth.
"These Hindu devotees who came to Ayodhya to celebrate Ram Navami are like my personal guests so I am trying to serve them up to the possible extent," he added.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Anushka Sharma's wedding sequence look from the forthcoming film "Sultan" has been
- 'Bahubali' bagged maximum awards at SIIMA Awards 2016
- Parineeti Chopra and Sushant Singh Rajput to romance again
- I need a dog not a man: Nargis Fakhri
- Rajeev, Gauahar compromised on fees for 'Fever' outdoor shoot
- Anushka Sharma's wedding look from 'Sultan' decoded
- I have never dated, says Priyanka Chopra
- Shah Rukh, Salman enjoy bike ride together
- I have done grocery shopping, cooking, washing clothes, and many similar tasks myself : Deepika Padukone
A man in the US has taken his love for smartness to a whole new level - by marrying it in
Creating a ripple in the flagship smartphone market, Reliance Retail on Monday unveiled th