- Pics: B-Town celebrates P.V. Sindhu's Olympic win'Happy Bhag Jayegi': A light-hearted, feel-good filmCelebrities hail Sakshi Malik's Olympic winPink is not a film about rape, says Amitabh BachchanOn Rakhi, TV actors recount memories with 'partners in crime'B-Town celebs wish Navroz Mubarak to ParsisBritish-era bunker unearthed in Raj BhavanLeaked: Sex Scenes from award winning film 'Parched'Entertainment Being an actress, I can be anybody: Priyanka ChopraCheck out Salman's 'Tubelight' first look
Real Madrid superstar Cristiano Ronaldo has credited Zinedine Zidane's appointment as Real
Fresh FIR against Ashis Nandy in Nashik Last Updated : 27 Jan 2013 07:09:04 PM IST File photo of author Ashis Nandy.
Nandy, who stoked a controversy with comments that people from OBC, SC and ST were the "most corrupt" on Sunday left Jaipur skipping the rest of the literature festival even as a fresh complaint was moved against him and the police sought video footage of his yesterday's session.
"Investigation into the matter is going on. We have sought the video footage of yesterday's session in which he made the remarks and also his clarification to be put on record," Additional Commissioner of Police Girraj Meena told media persons in Jaipur.
"We have been informed by the organisers that Nandy left he city today but proper action will be taken once the initial probe is over," he said.
Nandy was to address a session on 'Hindi English Bhai Bhai' at the festival this morning but failed to turn up even as the SC/ST Rajasthan Manch, which had filed a police complaint against him, held protests in the city.
The five-day Jaipur Literature Festival is to end tomorrow.
Ashis Nandy leaves Jaipur, fresh FIR against him in Nashik:
In Nashik, a complaint under the Prevention of Atrocities Act was today filed by a citizen against Nandy for his controversial comments.
"The complaint was filed in Sarkarwada police station by Samadhan Jagtap seeking Nandy's arrest under the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act", said an officer from Sarkarwada police station.
Earlier, an all-party delegation, comprising leaders of MNS, Shiv Sena, BJP, RPI and Dalit organisations, under the banner of Bahujan Samaj Sangharsh Samiti, submitted a memorandum to police seeking registration of complaint against the author.
Hours after he made the remarks, an FIR was lodged with the police against him in Jaipur under Section 506 IPC (criminal intimidation) and the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes(Prevention of Atrocities) Act.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Wow! This is a real feat. Forbes has placed Deepika Padukone on no. 10 position among worl
- shraddha kapoor to judge reality show
- tiger shroff wants to clean noble caharcters
- music will always remain integral part:karan hariharan
- film with SRK at premature stage : kangana Ranaut
- Sony Pictures new movie channel
- Kareena to be showstopper at LFW finale
- Biopic should be made on P.T Usha: Sonam
- Rustom Girl Ileana D'Cruz's monsoon skin ritual
The world's largest natural pearl will be put on display in the Philippines soon, after th
Tech giant Microsoft has acquired artificial intelligence (AI)-based scheduling service Ge