- Aamir, SRK in open warFilm review: Salman Khan in Kick will blow your mindLatest Sunny Leone\'s selfiesCensor board bans \'Sex Tape\' releaseImages: What was Aishwarya Rai Bachchan doing at CWG Glasgow?Salman takes fans for rideWatch leaked video of Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika PadukoneVarun Dhawan lands in jailOplus launches XonPhone 5 in IndiaSunil Grover shoots for his first come-back episode
The master batsman and leading run-scorer in test history presented her with a car when s
Fresh FIR against Ashis Nandy in Nashik Last Updated : 27 Jan 2013 07:09:04 PM IST File photo of author Ashis Nandy.
Nandy, who stoked a controversy with comments that people from OBC, SC and ST were the "most corrupt" on Sunday left Jaipur skipping the rest of the literature festival even as a fresh complaint was moved against him and the police sought video footage of his yesterday's session.
"Investigation into the matter is going on. We have sought the video footage of yesterday's session in which he made the remarks and also his clarification to be put on record," Additional Commissioner of Police Girraj Meena told media persons in Jaipur.
"We have been informed by the organisers that Nandy left he city today but proper action will be taken once the initial probe is over," he said.
Nandy was to address a session on 'Hindi English Bhai Bhai' at the festival this morning but failed to turn up even as the SC/ST Rajasthan Manch, which had filed a police complaint against him, held protests in the city.
The five-day Jaipur Literature Festival is to end tomorrow.
Ashis Nandy leaves Jaipur, fresh FIR against him in Nashik:
In Nashik, a complaint under the Prevention of Atrocities Act was today filed by a citizen against Nandy for his controversial comments.
"The complaint was filed in Sarkarwada police station by Samadhan Jagtap seeking Nandy's arrest under the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act", said an officer from Sarkarwada police station.
Earlier, an all-party delegation, comprising leaders of MNS, Shiv Sena, BJP, RPI and Dalit organisations, under the banner of Bahujan Samaj Sangharsh Samiti, submitted a memorandum to police seeking registration of complaint against the author.
Hours after he made the remarks, an FIR was lodged with the police against him in Jaipur under Section 506 IPC (criminal intimidation) and the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes(Prevention of Atrocities) Act.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
All is not well between the two Khans.
- Film review: Salman Khan in Kick will blow your mind
- Latest Sunny Leone's selfies
- Censor board bans 'Sex Tape' release
- Images: What was Aishwarya Rai Bachchan doing at CWG Glasgow?
- Salman takes fans for ride
- Watch leaked video of Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika Padukone
- Varun Dhawan lands in jail
- Rani shoots video with police woman
With a string of harrowing incidents that have left the nation enraged, parents have been
Handset maker Oplus Technologies has launched its smartphone, XonPhone 5 in the Indian mar