- Big B to reunite with Shoojit Sircar for his nextLGBT Pride Parade 2015Daisy wants to explore moreHathaway flaunts baby bumpsSonam sends love to Fawad on birthdayPriyanka accepts defeat from Dilwale at Box officeRanveer says Priyanka better than DeepikaSRK did not want to use word 'Gerua'PM Modi Mobbed by Media for 'Selfie''Tamasha' collects Rs 10.87 crore on Day 1
Badminton Association of India (BAI) announced a cash award of Rs 10 lakh for PV Sindhu in
Fresh FIR against Ashis Nandy in Nashik Last Updated : 27 Jan 2013 07:09:04 PM IST File photo of author Ashis Nandy.
Nandy, who stoked a controversy with comments that people from OBC, SC and ST were the "most corrupt" on Sunday left Jaipur skipping the rest of the literature festival even as a fresh complaint was moved against him and the police sought video footage of his yesterday's session.
"Investigation into the matter is going on. We have sought the video footage of yesterday's session in which he made the remarks and also his clarification to be put on record," Additional Commissioner of Police Girraj Meena told media persons in Jaipur.
"We have been informed by the organisers that Nandy left he city today but proper action will be taken once the initial probe is over," he said.
Nandy was to address a session on 'Hindi English Bhai Bhai' at the festival this morning but failed to turn up even as the SC/ST Rajasthan Manch, which had filed a police complaint against him, held protests in the city.
The five-day Jaipur Literature Festival is to end tomorrow.
Ashis Nandy leaves Jaipur, fresh FIR against him in Nashik:
In Nashik, a complaint under the Prevention of Atrocities Act was today filed by a citizen against Nandy for his controversial comments.
"The complaint was filed in Sarkarwada police station by Samadhan Jagtap seeking Nandy's arrest under the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act", said an officer from Sarkarwada police station.
Earlier, an all-party delegation, comprising leaders of MNS, Shiv Sena, BJP, RPI and Dalit organisations, under the banner of Bahujan Samaj Sangharsh Samiti, submitted a memorandum to police seeking registration of complaint against the author.
Hours after he made the remarks, an FIR was lodged with the police against him in Jaipur under Section 506 IPC (criminal intimidation) and the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes(Prevention of Atrocities) Act.
Source:PTI, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika Padukone's love saga 'Tamasha' is going strong since its release
- I'm not getting married: Preity Zinta
- Katrina Kaif sports a short hairdo
- Sunny Leone invites Tusshar Kapoor for a one-night stand
- Deepika Padukone wants to try her luck in production
- Big B to reunite with Shoojit Sircar for his next
- Daisy wants to explore more
- Hathaway flaunts baby bumps
- Sonam sends love to Fawad on birthday
Watch a taxi modelling on the ramp,Thailand's contestant will be wearing a tuk-tuk dress
Smartphones and tablets are becoming the preferred choices for Chinese consumers to do onl