- Dhanteras celebrated ahead of DiwaliSunny Leone\'s Pink Lips song crosses 10 million hits on YouTubeImages: Meet Navjot Singh Sidhu\'s glamorous daughter Rabia SidhuBigg Boss: Sonali, Gautam get cozy in bed, view picsAbhishek Bachchan\'s big brother is SRKRange Rover factory in China inauguratedRemedy on Dhanteras to become richRekha's vanity van tantrumsPICS: Celebrate eco-friendly DiwaliAamir, Ekta Kapoor to host Diwali card party
India's chief hockey coach Terry Walsh sprang a surprise by resigning from his post beca
Fresh FIR against Ashis Nandy in Nashik Last Updated : 27 Jan 2013 07:09:04 PM IST File photo of author Ashis Nandy.
Nandy, who stoked a controversy with comments that people from OBC, SC and ST were the "most corrupt" on Sunday left Jaipur skipping the rest of the literature festival even as a fresh complaint was moved against him and the police sought video footage of his yesterday's session.
"Investigation into the matter is going on. We have sought the video footage of yesterday's session in which he made the remarks and also his clarification to be put on record," Additional Commissioner of Police Girraj Meena told media persons in Jaipur.
"We have been informed by the organisers that Nandy left he city today but proper action will be taken once the initial probe is over," he said.
Nandy was to address a session on 'Hindi English Bhai Bhai' at the festival this morning but failed to turn up even as the SC/ST Rajasthan Manch, which had filed a police complaint against him, held protests in the city.
The five-day Jaipur Literature Festival is to end tomorrow.
Ashis Nandy leaves Jaipur, fresh FIR against him in Nashik:
In Nashik, a complaint under the Prevention of Atrocities Act was today filed by a citizen against Nandy for his controversial comments.
"The complaint was filed in Sarkarwada police station by Samadhan Jagtap seeking Nandy's arrest under the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act", said an officer from Sarkarwada police station.
Earlier, an all-party delegation, comprising leaders of MNS, Shiv Sena, BJP, RPI and Dalit organisations, under the banner of Bahujan Samaj Sangharsh Samiti, submitted a memorandum to police seeking registration of complaint against the author.
Hours after he made the remarks, an FIR was lodged with the police against him in Jaipur under Section 506 IPC (criminal intimidation) and the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes(Prevention of Atrocities) Act.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Because of her illness, the actress had to call off a promotional appearance for season tw
- Sunny Leone's Pink Lips song crosses 10 million hits on YouTube
- Images: Meet Navjot Singh Sidhu's glamorous daughter Rabia Sidhu
- Toni Garrn enjoys Tennis with Leonardo
- Bigg Boss: Sonali, Gautam get cozy in bed, view pics
- Priyanka gives up Diwali celebrations
- Abhishek Bachchan's big brother is SRK
- When Randeep Hooda, Nandana Sen go nude for Kahe Sataye song from Rang Rasiya: Watch
- Kareena flaunts cleavage at IIFA 2014, view pic
In a spooky mix-up, a woman in the UK was horrified at receiving text messages from her de
Korean handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its most expensive device in the country