- Pics: How America elects its president ?Tips to dress your best this festive seasonYou look your best when you work with Karan Johar, says AnushkaDIY tips to light up your home for DiwaliMake a glitzy style statement on DiwaliWays to stay healthy during DiwaliManage diabetes and enjoy DiwaliKJo run-ins with political parties’ every-time before releaseKaran wanted more intimate scenes but I controlled: AishwaryaSRK, Gauri celebrate 25 years of marriage
Legendary footballers Pele, Diego Maradona and Franz Beckenbauer led the tributes for Braz
Fresh FIR against Ashis Nandy in Nashik Last Updated : 27 Jan 2013 07:09:04 PM IST File photo of author Ashis Nandy.
Nandy, who stoked a controversy with comments that people from OBC, SC and ST were the "most corrupt" on Sunday left Jaipur skipping the rest of the literature festival even as a fresh complaint was moved against him and the police sought video footage of his yesterday's session.
"Investigation into the matter is going on. We have sought the video footage of yesterday's session in which he made the remarks and also his clarification to be put on record," Additional Commissioner of Police Girraj Meena told media persons in Jaipur.
"We have been informed by the organisers that Nandy left he city today but proper action will be taken once the initial probe is over," he said.
Nandy was to address a session on 'Hindi English Bhai Bhai' at the festival this morning but failed to turn up even as the SC/ST Rajasthan Manch, which had filed a police complaint against him, held protests in the city.
The five-day Jaipur Literature Festival is to end tomorrow.
Ashis Nandy leaves Jaipur, fresh FIR against him in Nashik:
In Nashik, a complaint under the Prevention of Atrocities Act was today filed by a citizen against Nandy for his controversial comments.
"The complaint was filed in Sarkarwada police station by Samadhan Jagtap seeking Nandy's arrest under the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act", said an officer from Sarkarwada police station.
Earlier, an all-party delegation, comprising leaders of MNS, Shiv Sena, BJP, RPI and Dalit organisations, under the banner of Bahujan Samaj Sangharsh Samiti, submitted a memorandum to police seeking registration of complaint against the author.
Hours after he made the remarks, an FIR was lodged with the police against him in Jaipur under Section 506 IPC (criminal intimidation) and the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes(Prevention of Atrocities) Act.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Sarod maestro Amjad Ali Khan has joined the debate on the inclusion of Pakistani talent in
- You look your best when you work with Karan Johar, says Anushka
- SRK lends support to beautifying Bandstand Promenade
- 'Kaabil' trailer preview
- Salman Khan's bodyguard booked for assault
- 'Kahaani 2' trailer leaves a strong impact
- Filmmaking has become a business: Jaya Bachchan
- VOOT to bring exclusive content from 'Bigg Boss' house
- Pak artistes may not attend Goa arts festival
An Indonesian court on Tuesday sentenced a 70-year-old Australian man to 15 years in pri
Bharti Airtel on Wednesday launched an affordable 10-day validity pack for international r