- Andamans gets a leg-up to showcase heritageFIRST LOOK: Varun, Alia in 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania'Care for your hair in simple steps this summer!Uttarakhand turns to trekking to boost tourist footfalls'DDLJ' is Bollywood's most evergreen love story: SurveySteps to buy sunglassesGo the foreign way while munching French friesBaaghi collects 35 crores in opening weekendBipasha shares her 'monkey wedding' picsBig B gets inspiration from fans' love
To ensure immediate recognition to the Olympic medallists, the Sports Ministry on Tuesday
Moga will be Amarinder's last poll: Sukhbir Last Updated : 12 Feb 2013 11:33:06 PM IST Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal.
Punjab Deputy Chief Minister and SAD President Sukhbir Singh Badal on Tuesday claimed that Moga by-election would prove to be the last election battle of state Congress chief Capt Amarinder Singh as after a humiliating defeat he would not dare to contest elections.
In an interaction with media persons before presiding over Shaheed Bachan Singh Memorial Kabaddi Cup here, Badal claimed that Captain's political fortune was certain to plunge after the results of Moga by-election as SAD-BJP was all set to register a resounding win of more than 50,000 votes.
He said that an easy going politician Amarinder has failed miserably in different elections right from Punjab Vidhan Sabha elections held last year and would not dare to enter in any electoral battle in future too.
He advised Amarinder to announce his retirement from active politics to pursue his other 'interests'.
Moga will be Amarinder's last poll: Sukhbir Singh Badal
Ridiculing the Captain's claim of win in Moga by-poll, Badal described it as "mungeri lal's dream" and said that Captain was in habit of making tall claims every time he entered in any political campaign but always faced defeat.
Badal pointed out that Punjab Congress leaders were taking refuge in leveling various accusations keeping in view the certain and massive defeat in Moga by-election but they would never succeed.
Replying to a query regarding supporting the candidature of any particular leader for Prime Minister, the SAD President categorically said that Akali Dal was oldest and tested constituent of NDA and it would fully endorse the candidature of NDA's choice.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal will start campaigning for the Moga by-election from February 14 to 21, a party spokesman said here.
Badal will address six rallies daily in the favour of SAD-BJP combine candidate Joginder Pal Jain.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Singer Arijit Singh apologised to Salman Khan on Facebook. However, the reason behind the
- When Salman Khan was in tears while shooting for 'Sultan'
- Stars wish Karan Johar on birthday
- Why Arijit deletes his apology letter to Salman
- Watch: salman Khan film sultan trailer released
- Aamir Khan, McKellen discuss Shakespeare at MAMI Film Club launch
- This is how Ranbir will seduce Aishwarya in Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- Yes, Virat Kohli and Anushka are back
- See Sofia Hayat before she became a nun
While playing with your pooch at home helps evoke love and compassion in you, researchers
The 'World's Ugliest Dog' won a Hero Award for helping people with disabilities
Bones of ancient, extinct species of bison uncovered
Hundreds witness Mercury transit in Delhi, scientists in Srinagar disappointed
Leading astronomers to see 'Transit of Mercury' from Srinagar
Video: Man showed private parts in bus beaten by women
Chinese smartphone manufacturer Coolpad on Friday launched a new smartphone that comes wit