- How to spend more time, less money during vacations!'Jack Reacher...': Tom Cruise's finest film in yearsIs it safe to eat chicken amidst this bird flu rumors?Arijit Singh re-dubs for song in 'Tum Bin 2'Movie Review: '31 October': Opens up wounds that never healedVarun Gandhi is a happily married man5 reasons why Shivaay will beat ADHMDiva's Karwa Chauth 2016Indian cricketers visit territorial army camp'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' experience recreated for fans
Legendary footballers Pele, Diego Maradona and Franz Beckenbauer led the tributes for Braz
Clash inside gurudwara 'most tragic': Badal Last Updated : 16 Nov 2012 11:13:16 PM IST File photo of Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal.
"It is very sad, I would say most tragic that such an incident took place inside a gurudwara. The attackers neither kept the sanctity of the gurudwara nor of our democracy. It was the worst thing that could have happened," Badal told reporters.
He alleged that it was a conspiracy carried out at the behest of the Congress, which, he said, "has always meddled in the affairs of the Sikhs."
"I strongly condemn the incident, in which an elected member (of Delhi Sikh Gurudwara Prabhandak Committee) was attacked by those who were freely roaming with naked swords," he said.
He alleged that it was a deep rooted conspiracy to forcibly keep possession of Delhi gurduwaras illegally with the patronage of the Congress government.
While ruling SAD, of which Badal is patron-in-chief, has already demanded a high level inquiry into the "violent attack on Akali leaders", the Chief Minister said, "the recent move by the Sheila Dikshit government to recommend direct election for the post of the DSGPC President is another example of Congress meddling in the affairs of the Sikhs."
Ahead of next month's DSGPC elections, rival factions had yesterday clashed inside the premises of Rakabganj Gurudwara leaving five persons injured.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actor Shah Rukh Khan, who was shooting abroad for Imtiaz Ali's "The Ring", is back in town
- 'Kaabil' trailer preview
- Salman Khan's bodyguard booked for assault
- 'Kahaani 2' trailer leaves a strong impact
- Filmmaking has become a business: Jaya Bachchan
- VOOT to bring exclusive content from 'Bigg Boss' house
- Pak artistes may not attend Goa arts festival
- I choose a film that I can do justice to: Vidya Balan
- Deepika Padukone to present award at MTV Europe Music Awards
An Indonesian court on Tuesday sentenced a 70-year-old Australian man to 15 years in pri
Bharti Airtel on Wednesday launched an affordable 10-day validity pack for international r