- Shraddha, Sushant walks for at Malhotra at LFWBhavna Bhavnani abuses Salman Khan to sell her bookDeepika Padukone among worl'd richest actresses nowSakshi Malik will be Beti Bachao Beti Padhao brand ambassador in HaryanaRustom Girl Ileana D'Cruz's monsoon skin ritualFirst Look: Shah Rukh shooting for The Ring'Half Girlfriend' team finishes Cape Town scheduleSedition case filed against actor Ramya for Pakistan is not hell remarkAryan Khan flaunts abs at college partyWon't camouflage baby bump on screen: Kareena
Northern Ireland on Wednesday announced a 23-member football squad for the World Cup quali
Clash inside gurudwara 'most tragic': Badal Last Updated : 16 Nov 2012 11:13:16 PM IST File photo of Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal.
"It is very sad, I would say most tragic that such an incident took place inside a gurudwara. The attackers neither kept the sanctity of the gurudwara nor of our democracy. It was the worst thing that could have happened," Badal told reporters.
He alleged that it was a conspiracy carried out at the behest of the Congress, which, he said, "has always meddled in the affairs of the Sikhs."
"I strongly condemn the incident, in which an elected member (of Delhi Sikh Gurudwara Prabhandak Committee) was attacked by those who were freely roaming with naked swords," he said.
He alleged that it was a deep rooted conspiracy to forcibly keep possession of Delhi gurduwaras illegally with the patronage of the Congress government.
While ruling SAD, of which Badal is patron-in-chief, has already demanded a high level inquiry into the "violent attack on Akali leaders", the Chief Minister said, "the recent move by the Sheila Dikshit government to recommend direct election for the post of the DSGPC President is another example of Congress meddling in the affairs of the Sikhs."
Ahead of next month's DSGPC elections, rival factions had yesterday clashed inside the premises of Rakabganj Gurudwara leaving five persons injured.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Academy Award-winning actor Christoph Waltz is in talks to star in filmmaker James Cameron
- Atif Aslam won't perform in Gurgaon
- B-town stars greet fans on Janmashtami
- Ariana Grande sued for copyright infringement
- Shraddha, Sushant walks for at Malhotra at LFW
- Britney Spears biopic coming to TV soon
- Bollywood wishes Happy Janmashtami
- 'Remo' director to reunite with film's makers
- Bhavna Bhavnani abuses Salman Khan to sell her book
The world's largest natural pearl will be put on display in the Philippines soon, after th
If you are in awe of those early morning queues outside Apple Stores globally, hang on. Fr