- Lava from Hawaii\'s Kilauea Volcano advancing,evacuation to beginHow Aaradhya Bachchan celebrated Diwali with familyAnushka and Virat spotted together againAamir Khan\'s special for Sanjay DuttNathuram Godse should have killed Nehru, not GandhiThunderous response to Shah Rukh Khan\'s Happy New Year:Rs 44.97 crore on Day 1Amitabh\'s Jalsa turns star studded this DiwaliDeepika challenges Sunny Leone\'Diwali\' celebrations in picsSexy Mallika Sherawat celebrating birthday
Provisionally suspended she might be but Indian boxer L Sarita Devi has not given up hop
Prostitution racket busted Last Updated : 21 Jun 2013 08:04:06 PM IST File photo.
A high-profile prostitution racket operating from an apartment in a posh locality of Lokhandwala area in suburban Jogeshwari was busted last night after rescuing five models working in television serials, police said on Friday.
The prime suspect Imtiyaz Shaikh (34) and his two associates Israr Aalam (23) and Karan Munde (22) were arrested for running the prostitution racket and forcing the models-aged between 20 to 25 years-into the flesh trade, an officer at Oshiwara police station said.
The accused were booked under relevant sections of the Prevention of Immoral Trafficking Act (PITA), he said, adding that the flat in Meera Tower building was owned by one architect Shruti Mantri, who gave it on rent to a Pune-based software company in August last year.
"Imtiyaz Shaikh was caretaker of the guest house of the software company but was misusing it to run the sex racket. A number of IAS and IPS officers own flats in this building," he said.
According to police, acting on a tip off, a police officer posing as a customer contacted the trio, who quoted between Rs 5000 to 25000 for a girl.
The cop reached near the building last night when the trio took him along with them, police said adding that, "then a police team raided the flat on 14th floor and found the five girls. The girls claimed to have worked in television serials. One of them claimed to have got good roles in serials while the rest were extras."
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood star kid Aaradhya Bachchan celebrated the festival of light, Diwli with her fami
- Sadashiv Amrapurkar critically ill
- Anushka and Virat spotted together again
- Katie Price wants to sell breast implants to fan
- Rajinikanth first look in ‘Lingaa’
- We will never remake 'Awara': Randhir Kapoor
- Lindsay Lohan gets upset when asked about imprisonment
- Madonna's memorabilia collection to go on sale
- Aamir Khan's special for Sanjay Dutt
Country's first fish hospital to treat abnormalities and diseases in them is set to come u
Korean handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its most expensive device in the country