- Devotees worship Goddess Shailputri on Day 1Guess who is Alia dating?'M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story': Chugs along touching right nerveSee Pics: Who looked best dressed actress at GQ Awards 2016.'Craze for Dhoni biopic more than any sportsman-based film'Kuch Rang Pyar Ke couple is a hitUnseen photos of Shah Rukh Khan and Anushka SharmaTen reasons to watch M.S. Dhoni: An Untold StoryEnergy drinks may increase risk of drink drivingDon't want to do destructive roles: John
Abhishek Yadav's last minute goal gave India a 5-4 victory in their final game against hos
Prostitution racket busted Last Updated : 21 Jun 2013 08:04:06 PM IST File photo.
A high-profile prostitution racket operating from an apartment in a posh locality of Lokhandwala area in suburban Jogeshwari was busted last night after rescuing five models working in television serials, police said on Friday.
The prime suspect Imtiyaz Shaikh (34) and his two associates Israr Aalam (23) and Karan Munde (22) were arrested for running the prostitution racket and forcing the models-aged between 20 to 25 years-into the flesh trade, an officer at Oshiwara police station said.
The accused were booked under relevant sections of the Prevention of Immoral Trafficking Act (PITA), he said, adding that the flat in Meera Tower building was owned by one architect Shruti Mantri, who gave it on rent to a Pune-based software company in August last year.
"Imtiyaz Shaikh was caretaker of the guest house of the software company but was misusing it to run the sex racket. A number of IAS and IPS officers own flats in this building," he said.
According to police, acting on a tip off, a police officer posing as a customer contacted the trio, who quoted between Rs 5000 to 25000 for a girl.
The cop reached near the building last night when the trio took him along with them, police said adding that, "then a police team raided the flat on 14th floor and found the five girls. The girls claimed to have worked in television serials. One of them claimed to have got good roles in serials while the rest were extras."
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Singer Adnan Sami, who is of Pakistani origin but is now an Indian citizen, has hailed the
- 'Kumkum Bhagya' actor fired from 'Pyaar Tune Kya Kiya'
- Lady Gaga to headline Super Bowl LI halftime show
- Dhoni applauds Sushant's performance
- 'Baahubali 2' logo released
- Guess who is Alia dating?
- 'M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story': Chugs along touching right nerve
- Meet: Chef-cum-Poet Vikas Khanna
- Erica Fernades excited to dress as a bride
Using state-of-the-art equipment, Australian researchers have managed to solve an 800-yea
The Chinese internet and technology conglomerate LeEco is offering its disruptive smaret