- Me and Hrithik were not holidaying together: SussanneKareena shoots first ad post pregnancy newsFawad, Deepika turn muse for Manish MalhotraHockey legend Mohammed Shahid passes awayB'Day Special: Controversial Shweta Basu is Naseeruddin Shah's co star in Inter..Facebook,Twitter, Bigg Boss, Mumbai Blast, Tsunami turning 10 this year.When I was 13: Rahul Bose takes celebs down memory laneSocial media trolls don't affect me anymore: Anushka SharmaI'm one of the rare breed of directors: Nishikant KamatDeepika wishes 'kindest, generous' Vin Diesel on birthday
Legendary athlete PT Usha has joined the health and fitness app Fitso as an advisory head
Prostitution racket busted Last Updated : 21 Jun 2013 08:04:06 PM IST File photo.
A high-profile prostitution racket operating from an apartment in a posh locality of Lokhandwala area in suburban Jogeshwari was busted last night after rescuing five models working in television serials, police said on Friday.
The prime suspect Imtiyaz Shaikh (34) and his two associates Israr Aalam (23) and Karan Munde (22) were arrested for running the prostitution racket and forcing the models-aged between 20 to 25 years-into the flesh trade, an officer at Oshiwara police station said.
The accused were booked under relevant sections of the Prevention of Immoral Trafficking Act (PITA), he said, adding that the flat in Meera Tower building was owned by one architect Shruti Mantri, who gave it on rent to a Pune-based software company in August last year.
"Imtiyaz Shaikh was caretaker of the guest house of the software company but was misusing it to run the sex racket. A number of IAS and IPS officers own flats in this building," he said.
According to police, acting on a tip off, a police officer posing as a customer contacted the trio, who quoted between Rs 5000 to 25000 for a girl.
The cop reached near the building last night when the trio took him along with them, police said adding that, "then a police team raided the flat on 14th floor and found the five girls. The girls claimed to have worked in television serials. One of them claimed to have got good roles in serials while the rest were extras."
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Nausheen Ali Sardar, who rose to fame with Ekta Kapoor's TV show "Kkusum", says sh
- Varun Dhawan reacts to Salman Khan's acquittal
- Salman Khan's sister happy with his acquittal in poaching cases
- Melissa McCarthy loves jumpsuits with zippers
- I'd love to do a film with SRK: Paul Feig
- Don't wish to make career in acting: Shekhar
- Cinema not a place for competition: Sobhita
- Rihanna doesn't want her fans 'catching Pokemons' at concerts
- Kate Beckinsale denies dating David Walliams
We humans are always cross the limits ― in events like skydiving, downhill skiing, car r
Domestic electronics company Micromax has announced a new laptop series Micromax Ignite an