- Mumbai Indians celebrate their second IPL triumphSalman attends sister's receptionFirst teaser of 'Azhar' unveiledTWMR: Watch one Kangna get one free, and it is a joyride all wayUnknown facts about 12 class CBSE topper M GayatriPriyanka caught having sex in carSalma defends banning of selfiesSEE PHOTOS: Sexy kim-West celebrate first wedding anniversary in royal moodIrrfan turns suave for \'Jazbaa\'Mumbai Indians capture 2nd IPL title
India's Deepa Kumari has been promoted as the international hockey umpire by the Internati
Major fire at IOC facility in Hazira near Surat Last Updated : 05 Jan 2013 05:42:12 PM IST File Photo
A major fire broke out on Saturday at a petrol storage tank of state-owned Indian Oil Corp's (IOC) Hazira terminal in Gujarat.
No casualty was reported immediately. Local authorities and the company rushed fire tenders to douse the fire.
Officials said the fire was reported around afternoon at one of IOC's five petrol storage tanks at the Hazira depot. The tank had almost 5,000 kilolitre of petrol, half of its capacity, when it caught fire.
This is the second major fire at IOC storage depots since 2009. On October 29, 2009, a fire broke out at its Jaipur terminal which was blamed on non-observance of normal safety procedures. The Jaipur depot fire raged for 11 days, killed 11 people and resulted in losses worth Rs 280 crore.
Senior IOC officials have rushed to Hazira to supervise operations and an inquiry has been ordered to ascertain its causes.
Hazira is a so-called 'white-oil terminal', housing a tank farm to store petrol and diesel. It has five petrol storage tanks and four diesel tanks.
While local administration rushed fire brigade personnel from Surat and nearby cities, IOC has sent fire tenders from its Koyali refinery to douse the fire.
"The fire has been isolated," a company official said. "A high-level team has been constituted to investigate the cause of the fire but our first priority is to put out the fire... efforts are on at war footing."
Senior team from Mumbai office too are rushing to the site of accident.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Salman Khan attended sister Arpita wedding reception in Mandi.
- First teaser of 'Azhar' unveiled
- Rutherford win custody battle
- Kim Kardashian celebrates anniversary
- Katy Perry avoiding ex-husband
- Gallagher sick of mistakes
- TWMR: Watch one Kangna get one free, and it is a joyride all way
- Naomi Campbell had "the best birthday in the world"
- Actress-comedian Anne Meara passed away
An ancient aqueduct built more than 2,000 years ago to transport water into the city of Je
Government is setting up a centre that will detect malicious programmes like 'botnets' and