- When Salman, Iulia, Katrina were caught under one roofJ&K awaits another spell of rain, snowfallWhen Kangana felt like slapping Sugandha MishraWhat are attractive lips?'The Ghazi Attack': Submerged in mediocrityNeil-Rukmini wedding reception was a starry affairKangana wants to get married!'Rangoon' has my most heroic character: Shahid Kapoor'Running Shaadi': A frothy entertainer'Irada': Good intention poorly executed
The fourth edition of the Tata Motors T1 Prima Truck Racing Championship will be held on M
Major fire at IOC facility in Hazira near Surat Last Updated : 05 Jan 2013 05:42:12 PM IST File Photo
A major fire broke out on Saturday at a petrol storage tank of state-owned Indian Oil Corp's (IOC) Hazira terminal in Gujarat.
No casualty was reported immediately. Local authorities and the company rushed fire tenders to douse the fire.
Officials said the fire was reported around afternoon at one of IOC's five petrol storage tanks at the Hazira depot. The tank had almost 5,000 kilolitre of petrol, half of its capacity, when it caught fire.
This is the second major fire at IOC storage depots since 2009. On October 29, 2009, a fire broke out at its Jaipur terminal which was blamed on non-observance of normal safety procedures. The Jaipur depot fire raged for 11 days, killed 11 people and resulted in losses worth Rs 280 crore.
Senior IOC officials have rushed to Hazira to supervise operations and an inquiry has been ordered to ascertain its causes.
Hazira is a so-called 'white-oil terminal', housing a tank farm to store petrol and diesel. It has five petrol storage tanks and four diesel tanks.
While local administration rushed fire brigade personnel from Surat and nearby cities, IOC has sent fire tenders from its Koyali refinery to douse the fire.
"The fire has been isolated," a company official said. "A high-level team has been constituted to investigate the cause of the fire but our first priority is to put out the fire... efforts are on at war footing."
Senior team from Mumbai office too are rushing to the site of accident.loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
"The Ghazi Attack", starring actor Rana Daggubati, minted Rs 15.75 crore across India duri
- Will Sara Ali Khan be as lucky as Alia Bhatt
- B-town couples grace Shahid's pre-birthday bash
- Video: Jhanvi grooves with boyfriend
- Pics:Joy to see Alia receive award from Sridevi, Mahesh Bhatt
- When Salman, Iulia, Katrina were caught under one roof
- When Kangana felt like slapping Sugandha Mishra
- 'The Ghazi Attack': Submerged in mediocrity
- Neil-Rukmini wedding reception was a starry affair
It is not the brain that determines whether a person is a lefty or a righty, but the spina
ZTE to launch, Gigabit, phone, at MWC 2017, Beijing, Chinese smartphone, ZTE is set to, la