- Aishwarya Rai finally ready to work with Salman Khan?Dasara fest begins at Mysuru amid tight securityAnything on internet won't be on '#NoFilterNeha': Neha DhupiaDhoni crosses Rs 20 crore mark in India on opening dayControversial statements by Salman KhanM.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story: Sushant is brilliant, the film is notHypertension may affect cognitive skills in childrenFive simple ways to keep weight in checkDevotees worship Goddess Shailputri on Day 1Guess who is Alia dating?
Abhishek Yadav's last minute goal gave India a 5-4 victory in their final game against hos
Major fire at IOC facility in Hazira near Surat Last Updated : 05 Jan 2013 05:42:12 PM IST File Photo
A major fire broke out on Saturday at a petrol storage tank of state-owned Indian Oil Corp's (IOC) Hazira terminal in Gujarat.
No casualty was reported immediately. Local authorities and the company rushed fire tenders to douse the fire.
Officials said the fire was reported around afternoon at one of IOC's five petrol storage tanks at the Hazira depot. The tank had almost 5,000 kilolitre of petrol, half of its capacity, when it caught fire.
This is the second major fire at IOC storage depots since 2009. On October 29, 2009, a fire broke out at its Jaipur terminal which was blamed on non-observance of normal safety procedures. The Jaipur depot fire raged for 11 days, killed 11 people and resulted in losses worth Rs 280 crore.
Senior IOC officials have rushed to Hazira to supervise operations and an inquiry has been ordered to ascertain its causes.
Hazira is a so-called 'white-oil terminal', housing a tank farm to store petrol and diesel. It has five petrol storage tanks and four diesel tanks.
While local administration rushed fire brigade personnel from Surat and nearby cities, IOC has sent fire tenders from its Koyali refinery to douse the fire.
"The fire has been isolated," a company official said. "A high-level team has been constituted to investigate the cause of the fire but our first priority is to put out the fire... efforts are on at war footing."
Senior team from Mumbai office too are rushing to the site of accident.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
This is too tough to be true, but our sources suggest that Aishwwarya Rai has no problem w
- Anupam Kher to play politician in 'Welcome Back Gandhi'
- Anything on internet won't be on '#NoFilterNeha': Neha Dhupia
- Prakash Jha to launch song 'Ek muthi asman' for NALSA
- IMPPA ban on Pakistani actors has no relevance: Pahlaj Nihalani
- Dhoni crosses Rs 20 crore mark in India on opening day
- Controversial statements by Salman Khan
- Salman Khan should migrate to Pakistan, says Shiv Sena
- Relative files complaint against actor Nawazuddin
Using state-of-the-art equipment, Australian researchers have managed to solve an 800-yea
The Chinese internet and technology conglomerate LeEco is offering its disruptive smaret