- Shah Rukh Khan to choose Sabse ShaanaObama witnesses India\'s cultural heritage,Watch PhotosInside pictures of Soha Ali Khan- Kunal Khemu\'s weddingSoha Ali Khan, Kunal Khemu tie the knotMallika Sherawat to enter Bigg Boss Halla BolPatrick Stewart praises Jennifer LawrenceAamir Khan\'s \'PK\' to release in ChinaWatch PM Modi receiving the Obamas in DelhiAyushmann to act in Punjabi film?PICS: Soha Ali Khan\'s mehendi ceremony
Saina Nehwal staged a scintillating comeback to defeat reigning world champion Carolina M
Maha CM should decide on irrigation white paper: Pawar Last Updated : 17 Nov 2012 05:17:05 PM IST File Photo
Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar today said Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan should take a call on bringing White Paper on the status of irrigation projects in the state.
"Chavan should decide on issuing the white paper," Pawar told reporters after chief minister held a meeting with Water Resources Minister and NCP leader Sunil Tatkare yesterday on the issue.
Pawar said he did not know about the deliberations that went on between the two leaders.
On the comeback of former deputy chief minister and his nephew Ajit Pawar into the government, the NCP chief said, "He (Ajit) resigned voluntarily. The decision will be taken after an inquiry (into irrigation projects). No decision has been taken (so far) on his comeback into the ministry."
Ajit Pawar had resigned following allegations of irregularities in clearing projects as irrigation minister.
Taking a dig at farmers' leader Raju Shetty, who spearheaded sugarcane farmers' agitations for higher price to their produce, Pawar said as a farmer Shetty should have refrained from adopting violent means.
"If he is a farmer then why is he adopting violent means to press for his demand. What will farmers achieve by burning down tyres, spoiling milk to protest for their demands. A farmer cannot resort to such violent means of protest," Pawar said.
He was referring to violent protests by farmers for last few days against refusal of cooperative sugar factories in Sangli, Satara and Kolhapur districts of western Maharashtra to give Rs 3,000 per ton as first advance on sugarcane purchase this season. Factories have agreed to pay Rs 2,300 per ton.
The agitation had been spearheaded by Swabhimani Shetkari Sanghatna leader Raju Shetty who was yesterday
released from Yerawada Jail in Pune.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
After a long gap Superstar Shah Rukh Khan returned to the small screen with his new show "
- Inside pictures of Soha Ali Khan- Kunal Khemu's wedding
- Overwhelmed by Padma Vibhushan: Big B
- Soha Ali Khan, Kunal Khemu tie the knot
- Mallika Sherawat to enter Bigg Boss Halla Bol
- Patrick Stewart praises Jennifer Lawrence
- Aamir Khan's 'PK' to release in China
- 'Superstars should do content-based cinema'
- Ayushmann to act in Punjabi film?
Dog is man's best friend, and we have wolves to thank for it!
Chinese handset maker Xiaomi will be launching its latest 4G device Mi4 in India on Jan 28