- Sunny Leone dined, wined with 100Dimpy's heart still beats for RahulNo Bikinis in Miss World pageantAamir, Aish, Abhishek, Katrina attend Ranbir\'s PK success bashTen hot scenes of 2014Stars at Dino Morea's bashWill Katrina celebrate Christmas with Ranbir's family?Praneet Bhatt's journey in 'Bigg Boss 8'Cold continues in north IndiaApp for Surajkund Mela soon
Boxer Sarita Devi, who had refused to accept her Asian Games bronze medal, was on Wednesda
Maha CM should decide on irrigation white paper: Pawar Last Updated : 17 Nov 2012 05:17:05 PM IST File Photo
Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar today said Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan should take a call on bringing White Paper on the status of irrigation projects in the state.
"Chavan should decide on issuing the white paper," Pawar told reporters after chief minister held a meeting with Water Resources Minister and NCP leader Sunil Tatkare yesterday on the issue.
Pawar said he did not know about the deliberations that went on between the two leaders.
On the comeback of former deputy chief minister and his nephew Ajit Pawar into the government, the NCP chief said, "He (Ajit) resigned voluntarily. The decision will be taken after an inquiry (into irrigation projects). No decision has been taken (so far) on his comeback into the ministry."
Ajit Pawar had resigned following allegations of irregularities in clearing projects as irrigation minister.
Taking a dig at farmers' leader Raju Shetty, who spearheaded sugarcane farmers' agitations for higher price to their produce, Pawar said as a farmer Shetty should have refrained from adopting violent means.
"If he is a farmer then why is he adopting violent means to press for his demand. What will farmers achieve by burning down tyres, spoiling milk to protest for their demands. A farmer cannot resort to such violent means of protest," Pawar said.
He was referring to violent protests by farmers for last few days against refusal of cooperative sugar factories in Sangli, Satara and Kolhapur districts of western Maharashtra to give Rs 3,000 per ton as first advance on sugarcane purchase this season. Factories have agreed to pay Rs 2,300 per ton.
The agitation had been spearheaded by Swabhimani Shetkari Sanghatna leader Raju Shetty who was yesterday
released from Yerawada Jail in Pune.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
As many as 100 men dined and wined with actress and adult star Sunny Leone.
- Dimpy's heart still beats for Rahul
- 'Byomkesh Bakshi' gets a new spelling in Bollywood
- 'Dolly Ki...' will take Sonam's career to new heights: Arbaaz
- Aamir, Aish, Abhishek, Katrina attend Ranbir's PK success bash
- First motion poster of 'Detective Byomkesh Bakshi'
- Ten hot scenes of 2014
- Stars at Dino Morea's bash
- Will Katrina celebrate Christmas with Ranbir's family?
Eight coffins from Qing Dynasty (1636-1912) imperial figures, including Emperor Qianlong
Homegrown handset maker Lava on Tuesday launched a new smartphone -- Iris Fuel 60 -- offer