- Dhanteras 2016 Wallpaper and Facebook imagesShivaay film reviewHow to become rich on DhanterasPics: How America elects its president ?Tips to dress your best this festive seasonYou look your best when you work with Karan Johar, says AnushkaDIY tips to light up your home for DiwaliMake a glitzy style statement on DiwaliWays to stay healthy during DiwaliManage diabetes and enjoy Diwali
Legendary footballers Pele, Diego Maradona and Franz Beckenbauer led the tributes for Braz
Maha CM should decide on irrigation white paper: Pawar Last Updated : 17 Nov 2012 05:17:05 PM IST File Photo
Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar today said Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan should take a call on bringing White Paper on the status of irrigation projects in the state.
"Chavan should decide on issuing the white paper," Pawar told reporters after chief minister held a meeting with Water Resources Minister and NCP leader Sunil Tatkare yesterday on the issue.
Pawar said he did not know about the deliberations that went on between the two leaders.
On the comeback of former deputy chief minister and his nephew Ajit Pawar into the government, the NCP chief said, "He (Ajit) resigned voluntarily. The decision will be taken after an inquiry (into irrigation projects). No decision has been taken (so far) on his comeback into the ministry."
Ajit Pawar had resigned following allegations of irregularities in clearing projects as irrigation minister.
Taking a dig at farmers' leader Raju Shetty, who spearheaded sugarcane farmers' agitations for higher price to their produce, Pawar said as a farmer Shetty should have refrained from adopting violent means.
"If he is a farmer then why is he adopting violent means to press for his demand. What will farmers achieve by burning down tyres, spoiling milk to protest for their demands. A farmer cannot resort to such violent means of protest," Pawar said.
He was referring to violent protests by farmers for last few days against refusal of cooperative sugar factories in Sangli, Satara and Kolhapur districts of western Maharashtra to give Rs 3,000 per ton as first advance on sugarcane purchase this season. Factories have agreed to pay Rs 2,300 per ton.
The agitation had been spearheaded by Swabhimani Shetkari Sanghatna leader Raju Shetty who was yesterday
released from Yerawada Jail in Pune.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Filmmaker Karan Johar, who admits he has taken the botox way for his face, says that going
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' film review
- Deepika to celebrate Diwali with family
- Shivaay film review
- It's time to stand with our jawans: Amjad Ali Khan
- You look your best when you work with Karan Johar, says Anushka
- SRK lends support to beautifying Bandstand Promenade
- 'Kaabil' trailer preview
- Salman Khan's bodyguard booked for assault
An Indonesian court on Tuesday sentenced a 70-year-old Australian man to 15 years in pri
Domestic mobile manufacturer Zen mobiles on Friday launched a new smartphone Zen Cinemax 2