- PICS: Maria Sharapova\'s tips for men\'s tennisGauhar takes care of Kushal at hospitalTrending videos in IndiaSalman will donate spermWomen who matter in Indian politicsMiley and Katy catfight after kissPICS : Gritty Indian sportswomenGulaab Gang is all about Women EmpowermentIndia one of most dangerous countries to liveWomen’s day special: Bollywood’s top six powerful beauties
To lengthen careers, men's tennis should have three sets like women's feels Maria Sharapov
Maha CM should decide on irrigation white paper: Pawar Last Updated : 17 Nov 2012 05:17:05 PM IST File Photo
Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar today said Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan should take a call on bringing White Paper on the status of irrigation projects in the state.
"Chavan should decide on issuing the white paper," Pawar told reporters after chief minister held a meeting with Water Resources Minister and NCP leader Sunil Tatkare yesterday on the issue.
Pawar said he did not know about the deliberations that went on between the two leaders.
On the comeback of former deputy chief minister and his nephew Ajit Pawar into the government, the NCP chief said, "He (Ajit) resigned voluntarily. The decision will be taken after an inquiry (into irrigation projects). No decision has been taken (so far) on his comeback into the ministry."
Ajit Pawar had resigned following allegations of irregularities in clearing projects as irrigation minister.
Taking a dig at farmers' leader Raju Shetty, who spearheaded sugarcane farmers' agitations for higher price to their produce, Pawar said as a farmer Shetty should have refrained from adopting violent means.
"If he is a farmer then why is he adopting violent means to press for his demand. What will farmers achieve by burning down tyres, spoiling milk to protest for their demands. A farmer cannot resort to such violent means of protest," Pawar said.
He was referring to violent protests by farmers for last few days against refusal of cooperative sugar factories in Sangli, Satara and Kolhapur districts of western Maharashtra to give Rs 3,000 per ton as first advance on sugarcane purchase this season. Factories have agreed to pay Rs 2,300 per ton.
The agitation had been spearheaded by Swabhimani Shetkari Sanghatna leader Raju Shetty who was yesterday
released from Yerawada Jail in Pune.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan attended the music launch function of Tamil superstar R
- Juhi Chawla's brother Bobby Chawla dies
- Raagini Makkar and Naadyog wins 'India's Got Talent 5'
- Relationship makes Deepika complete
- Video: Sunny Leone shoots for 'Orgasm' scene
- Gauhar takes care of Kushal at hospital
- Salman, Iulia in live-in relationship
- Salman will donate sperm
- Miley and Katy catfight after kiss
You must hae heard about the mating rituals of endemic species Albatross. But you never wa
Nokia's android-based 'Nokia X' will be available in India from March 15 and has been pric