- Miley Cyrus takes nude selfieTwo million Muslims to perform Haj this yearWho is hotter, Katrina in 'Bang Bang' or Deepika Padukone in 'Happy New Year'Winning is a habit for Mary KomChicken tikka masala loses charm!MMS of Shah Rukh Khan's son's lookalike going viral?OMG! Kangana spotted with a red mark below her neckRevenge time in Bigg Boss 8Manyata arranges Mata Ki Chowki without Sanjay DuttKhoobsurat actor Fawad Khan will kiss in his next Bollywood movie?
She has once again made the country proud. MC Mary Kom has not only won the gold medal at
Maha CM should decide on irrigation white paper: Pawar Last Updated : 17 Nov 2012 05:17:05 PM IST File Photo
Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar today said Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan should take a call on bringing White Paper on the status of irrigation projects in the state.
"Chavan should decide on issuing the white paper," Pawar told reporters after chief minister held a meeting with Water Resources Minister and NCP leader Sunil Tatkare yesterday on the issue.
Pawar said he did not know about the deliberations that went on between the two leaders.
On the comeback of former deputy chief minister and his nephew Ajit Pawar into the government, the NCP chief said, "He (Ajit) resigned voluntarily. The decision will be taken after an inquiry (into irrigation projects). No decision has been taken (so far) on his comeback into the ministry."
Ajit Pawar had resigned following allegations of irregularities in clearing projects as irrigation minister.
Taking a dig at farmers' leader Raju Shetty, who spearheaded sugarcane farmers' agitations for higher price to their produce, Pawar said as a farmer Shetty should have refrained from adopting violent means.
"If he is a farmer then why is he adopting violent means to press for his demand. What will farmers achieve by burning down tyres, spoiling milk to protest for their demands. A farmer cannot resort to such violent means of protest," Pawar said.
He was referring to violent protests by farmers for last few days against refusal of cooperative sugar factories in Sangli, Satara and Kolhapur districts of western Maharashtra to give Rs 3,000 per ton as first advance on sugarcane purchase this season. Factories have agreed to pay Rs 2,300 per ton.
The agitation had been spearheaded by Swabhimani Shetkari Sanghatna leader Raju Shetty who was yesterday
released from Yerawada Jail in Pune.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Pop star Miley Cyrus has shared a selfie of her taking a bubble bath in her hotel bathroom
- SRK calls Aamir Khan ‘Aadha Hero’
- Keira not worried about turning 30
- Who is hotter, Katrina in 'Bang Bang' or Deepika Padukone in 'Happy New Year'
- Vishal Bhardwaj wants to work with Shweta Basu
- Images: Shah Rukh Khan's son Aryan Khan is a ladies' man
- OMG! Top Bollywood star kid's lookalike in viral sex MMS
- OMG! Kangana spotted with a red mark below her neck
- This is what Katrina said about Kareena Kapoor
A class 12th student, identified as Maqsood, was mauled by a white tiger at Delhi Zoo on T
BlackBerry on Monday launched its new smartphone BalckBerry Passport for Rs 49, 990 in Ind