- Andamans gets a leg-up to showcase heritageFIRST LOOK: Varun, Alia in 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania'Care for your hair in simple steps this summer!Uttarakhand turns to trekking to boost tourist footfalls'DDLJ' is Bollywood's most evergreen love story: SurveySteps to buy sunglassesGo the foreign way while munching French friesBaaghi collects 35 crores in opening weekendBipasha shares her 'monkey wedding' picsBig B gets inspiration from fans' love
Bal Thackeray's condition improving but still critical Last Updated : 16 Nov 2012 01:32:51 PM IST Bal Thackeray's condition improving but still critical
Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray's condition is improving but still remains critical, even as hundreds of party workers and supporters continue to stand vigil at the ailing leader's heavily fortified bungalow 'Matoshree'.
"Balasaheb is doing better every passing day due to the good wishes of the people," senior Sena leader and former Lok Sabha speaker Manohar Joshi told the media today outside Thackeray's residence in suburban Bandra.
Though no medical bulletin has been issued ever since Thackeray's condition worsened suddenly on Wednesday night,a doctor attending on him said on the condition of anonymity that "the situation remains largely unchanged. His condition is being constantly monitored."
He refused to part with any further information on how Thackeray's vital parameters were. He is said to be suffering from respiratory problems and is being administered oxygen. The 86-year-old leader was taken off life support system yesterday after he showed some signs of improvement.
Stepping out only for a second time since Thackeray's condition deteriorated sharply, his son and Sena executive president Uddhav had not given away much information about his health when he addressed party workers last night."Since yesterday, the Shiv Sena chief's condition is stable. I had said yesterday and I will say again today, I have not given up hope. You too must not give up hope because we all are fighting soldiers of a fighting leader," he had said, adding, "Whatever treatment is possible, is being given."
Hardly any Shiv Sena leader, film personality or captain of industry visiting 'Matoshree' was being allowed to personally meet Thackeray.
Only Uddhav, his wife Rashmi and a team of doctors from the Lilavati Hospital are permitted inside the Sena boss' room on the second floor, sources close to the family said. Meanwhile, people from the tinsel town, politicians and common Shiv Sena workers continue to throng 'Matoshree'.
Prominent among those who turned up today included yoga guru Ramdev and actors Suresh Oberoi and son Vivek.Shiv Sainiks hailing Thackeray and chanting slogans like "Jai Bhavani" and "Jai Shivaji" remained gathered outside Thackeray's residence where there is huge security and media presence.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
ctor Randeep Hooda, who will be essaying the role of Sarabjiit in the Omung Kumar director
- Want my fan base to increase in South: Huma
- See what Bips made Karan do post wedding
- FIRST LOOK: Varun, Alia in 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania'
- Actor Leonardo DiCaprio joins advisory board of Ecuador
- 'DDLJ' is Bollywood's most evergreen love story: Survey
- Anupam Kher double-charged in 'Kaanu', says director
- I haven't done anything wrong: Pratyusha's boyfriend
- Manoj Bajpayee to host
There are nearly one trillion species on the Earth while 99.999 percent of species still r
Sony India on Monday launched a new portable wireless speaker for music aficionados in Ind