- Amitabh-Aish at the opening of Kalyan JewellersYamaha launches 125cc bike SalutoChennai defeats Mumbai in IPLI'm ready Salman, says this B-Wood actressMeet Pooja who messed with SonakshiReview: Mr X a heavy-handed action fantasySexy Sunny's Leela going well on Box OfficeAditi Rao Hydari shows her loveAmyra Dastur, Emraan Hashmi's girl in Mr XList of Kim Kardashian's hot looks
The Auditor-General of Pakistan is set to carry out an audit of the national hockey federa
Bal Thackeray's condition improving but still critical Last Updated : 16 Nov 2012 01:32:51 PM IST Bal Thackeray's condition improving but still critical
Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray's condition is improving but still remains critical, even as hundreds of party workers and supporters continue to stand vigil at the ailing leader's heavily fortified bungalow 'Matoshree'.
"Balasaheb is doing better every passing day due to the good wishes of the people," senior Sena leader and former Lok Sabha speaker Manohar Joshi told the media today outside Thackeray's residence in suburban Bandra.
Though no medical bulletin has been issued ever since Thackeray's condition worsened suddenly on Wednesday night,a doctor attending on him said on the condition of anonymity that "the situation remains largely unchanged. His condition is being constantly monitored."
He refused to part with any further information on how Thackeray's vital parameters were. He is said to be suffering from respiratory problems and is being administered oxygen. The 86-year-old leader was taken off life support system yesterday after he showed some signs of improvement.
Stepping out only for a second time since Thackeray's condition deteriorated sharply, his son and Sena executive president Uddhav had not given away much information about his health when he addressed party workers last night."Since yesterday, the Shiv Sena chief's condition is stable. I had said yesterday and I will say again today, I have not given up hope. You too must not give up hope because we all are fighting soldiers of a fighting leader," he had said, adding, "Whatever treatment is possible, is being given."
Hardly any Shiv Sena leader, film personality or captain of industry visiting 'Matoshree' was being allowed to personally meet Thackeray.
Only Uddhav, his wife Rashmi and a team of doctors from the Lilavati Hospital are permitted inside the Sena boss' room on the second floor, sources close to the family said. Meanwhile, people from the tinsel town, politicians and common Shiv Sena workers continue to throng 'Matoshree'.
Prominent among those who turned up today included yoga guru Ramdev and actors Suresh Oberoi and son Vivek.Shiv Sainiks hailing Thackeray and chanting slogans like "Jai Bhavani" and "Jai Shivaji" remained gathered outside Thackeray's residence where there is huge security and media presence.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Cult Bollywood classic "Sholay", starring megastar Amitabh Bachchan and Dharmendra, hit th
- Salman in Kashmir for 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan'
- 'Batman v Superman' trailer released
- Judgement on Salman on Aprl 20th
- Asian Award for Shahrukh Khan
- PICS:Amitabh-Aish at the launch of Kalyan Jewellers
- I'm ready Salman, says this B-Wood actress
- Meet Pooja who messed with Sonakshi
- Review: Mr X a heavy-handed action fantasy
A research was done on people from Wasington and the result shows that the smell of sweat
Lenovo on Friday launched a slightly more powerful smartphone, the Lenovo A6000 Plus, pric