- India launches its biggest rocketPICS: Prasoon Joshi pens poem on Peshawar massacreMeet Mr Praveen Mast the real 'PK'Leone calls Salman her godfatherThe Lunchbox named best film in TorontoHow Malala Yousafzai was sot dead:See in picsShocking pictures of Peshawar school attackFarha to replace Salman in 'Bigg Boss 8'Exclusive coffee table book for 'Kick' fansSchoolchildren observe silence
Boxer Sarita Devi, who had refused to accept her Asian Games bronze medal, was on Wednesda
Bal Thackeray's condition improving but still critical Last Updated : 16 Nov 2012 01:32:51 PM IST Bal Thackeray's condition improving but still critical
Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray's condition is improving but still remains critical, even as hundreds of party workers and supporters continue to stand vigil at the ailing leader's heavily fortified bungalow 'Matoshree'.
"Balasaheb is doing better every passing day due to the good wishes of the people," senior Sena leader and former Lok Sabha speaker Manohar Joshi told the media today outside Thackeray's residence in suburban Bandra.
Though no medical bulletin has been issued ever since Thackeray's condition worsened suddenly on Wednesday night,a doctor attending on him said on the condition of anonymity that "the situation remains largely unchanged. His condition is being constantly monitored."
He refused to part with any further information on how Thackeray's vital parameters were. He is said to be suffering from respiratory problems and is being administered oxygen. The 86-year-old leader was taken off life support system yesterday after he showed some signs of improvement.
Stepping out only for a second time since Thackeray's condition deteriorated sharply, his son and Sena executive president Uddhav had not given away much information about his health when he addressed party workers last night."Since yesterday, the Shiv Sena chief's condition is stable. I had said yesterday and I will say again today, I have not given up hope. You too must not give up hope because we all are fighting soldiers of a fighting leader," he had said, adding, "Whatever treatment is possible, is being given."
Hardly any Shiv Sena leader, film personality or captain of industry visiting 'Matoshree' was being allowed to personally meet Thackeray.
Only Uddhav, his wife Rashmi and a team of doctors from the Lilavati Hospital are permitted inside the Sena boss' room on the second floor, sources close to the family said. Meanwhile, people from the tinsel town, politicians and common Shiv Sena workers continue to throng 'Matoshree'.
Prominent among those who turned up today included yoga guru Ramdev and actors Suresh Oberoi and son Vivek.Shiv Sainiks hailing Thackeray and chanting slogans like "Jai Bhavani" and "Jai Shivaji" remained gathered outside Thackeray's residence where there is huge security and media presence.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Shahid Kapoor was recently spotted by the paparazzis with a friend but what looked unusual
- Bollywood icons we lost in 2014, view pics
- Ranbir Kapoor, Katrina Kaif in 'Jagga Jasoos'
- Video: When Rajkumar Hirani rejected Anushka Sharma
- PK is a wonderful piece of cinema
- Rajinikanth to be grandfather soon
- Arpita-Ayush honeymoon pics
- Who looks prettiest in Big Star Award
- Top 10 secrets of 'PK' movie revealed
Eight coffins from Qing Dynasty (1636-1912) imperial figures, including Emperor Qianlong
Homegrown handset maker Lava on Tuesday launched a new smartphone -- Iris Fuel 60 -- offer