- How romantic Salman and Sonam look together in Prem ratan Dhan Payo!Rani Mukerji on Vogue, Kajol on ElleKalki Koechlin turns showstopper for Gaurav GuptaYakub Memon buried at Bada Khabristan'Missile Man' laid to rest with emotional farewellMercedes launches 3 new modelsDhanush's movie reached Venice Film FestivalKareena, Arjun's most awaited film 'Ka and Ki' of year 2016India Couture Week opened by Sabyasachi, LouboutinYes, Mira Rajput will be on Jhalak Dikh Laaja Reloaded
Ace Indian shuttler Saina Nehwal is confident of recovering from her shoulder pain and reg
India missed glimpse of asteroid DA14 Last Updated : 16 Feb 2013 05:29:25 PM IST This image provided by NASA/JPL-Caltech shows a simulation of asteroid 2012 DA14 approaching from the south as it passes through the Earth-moon system on Friday, Feb. 15th, 2013. The 150-foot object will pass within 17,000 miles of the Earth. NASA sc
Cloudy sky prevented stargazers in Delhi and parts of northern and western India from catching a glimpse of an asteroid, about half the size of a football field, which passed at a close proximity to Earth last night.
The asteroid called "2012 DA14" passed by Earth at a distance of 27,700 km shortly after midnight, the closest approach by any asteroid in recorded history to buzz past our planet, Director of Science Popularisation Association of Communicators and Educators (SPACE) C B Devgun said.
Light showers and clouds dampened expectations of stargazers who were not able to witness the 45-metre wide space rock.
Clouds play spoilsport in viewing closest-ever asteroid DA14:
While the presence of a crescent Moon had raised hopes of a great view of the celestial body for skygazers who had put their telescopes, the weather played a spoilsport, Devgun said.
The asteroid was discovered on February 23, 2012 in Spain.
The space rock passed within the Moon's distance from Earth and was closer than the orbits of some geosynchronous satellites, which provide weather data and telecommunications.
The next time it will have closest approach to Earth on February 15, 2019 when it be at 6,91,64,078 km. The last time it came close was on February 16, 2012 and was at 26,06,840 km.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood newbird Kirti Sanon turned a sporty bride for designer Monisha Jaising at the on
- Friends and Friendship in Bollywood
- Watch Katrina in Phantom's new song 'Afghan Jalebi'
- Kareena to be the showstopper at the Lakme Grand Finale
- Shahrukh wrapped 'Dilwale' shoot
- Riteish supports Salman's tweets on Yakub Memon
- Bipasha sizzles in bikini at Maldives
- Madhur, Aditi Hydari to dazzle the ramp at IIJW
- A Pak girl crosses border to meet Salman-Sharukh, BB style
A Hong Kong woman was sentenced to three-and-a-half months in jail on Thursday after a cou
If these images are to be believed, we would be seeing a couple of design innovations that