- Pics: B-Town celebrates P.V. Sindhu's Olympic win'Happy Bhag Jayegi': A light-hearted, feel-good filmCelebrities hail Sakshi Malik's Olympic winPink is not a film about rape, says Amitabh BachchanOn Rakhi, TV actors recount memories with 'partners in crime'B-Town celebs wish Navroz Mubarak to ParsisBritish-era bunker unearthed in Raj BhavanLeaked: Sex Scenes from award winning film 'Parched'Entertainment Being an actress, I can be anybody: Priyanka ChopraCheck out Salman's 'Tubelight' first look
Badminton Association of India (BAI) president Akhilesh Das Gupta on Saturday welcomed Pri
MP House adjourned without discussing no-confidence motion Last Updated : 11 Jul 2013 04:23:56 PM IST File Photo
Amid uproarious scenes created by ruling BJP in the Madhya Pradesh Assembly, the House was on Thursday adjourned indefinitely without discussing the Opposition sponsored no-confidence motion.
The no-confidence motion was to be taken up after the Question Hour, Zero Hour and discussion on call attention motions, but when Leader of Opposition Ajay Singh began to speak, party's deputy leader Choudhary Rakesh Singh Chaturvedi rose and said there were many flaws in the motion.
Chaturvedi said the motion did not contain a number of things which required to be mentioned.
Even now, 721 pilgrims who had gone to Uttarakhand were missing and this was not mentioned in the motion, he said.
The Congress MLA also said the issue involving former finance minister Raghavji, who has been arrested over charge of sodomy, did not find a mention in the motion.
He also referred to a tweet by Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh criticising Raghavji.
The state Assembly had on Tuesday admitted the notice of no-confidence motion moved by Ajay for discussion.
The Opposition wanted to bring a no-confidence motion against the BJP-led state government over several issues, including alleged corruption by ministers, fall in law and order in MP and rise in crime against women.
State industries minister Kailash Vijaywargia said the no-confidence motion had been reduced to nought as the Congress deputy leader had expressed lack of faith in it.
At this time, several BJP members got up, started shouting slogans against the motion and amid noisy scenes, Speaker Ishwar Das Rohani adjourned the House for 30 minutes.
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan said there was no point in discussing the no-confidence motion as the Congress deputy leader had strong reservations about it.
In the meantime, Ajay Singh said the ruling party members "were shouting as they did not have the guts to listen to the charges contained in the no-confidence motion."
The noisy scenes continued even after the House re-assembled at the end of the 30-minute adjournment.
The Speaker said parliamentary affairs minister Narottam Mishra had informed him that the House had completed all its official business and hence he was adjourning it indefinitely.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Director Koratala Siva, who currently awaits the release of Telugu action-drama "Janatha G
- Riteish, Malaika turn showstopper for designer Shantanu, Nikhil at LFW
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Cara Delevingne goes bottomless to raise awareness about cancer
- Construction worker dies on 'Blade Runner' sequel set
- Don't want quick success: Sayani Gupta
- Nowadays commercial films are cliched: Shoojit Sircar
- Industry has changed, but not my life: Dolly
- Salman to don astronaut look for show promo
A 53-year-old woman was killed while descending a 3,000-feet mountain after her husband u
US tech giant Apple is planning to remove the physical Touch ID button below the screen an