- Aishwarya Rai, Katrina Kaif\'s Diwali looksBollywood bombs, Patakas and phuljharis, view picsSalman cleans Karjat, nominates Aamir for 'Swachh Bharat campaign'SPOTTED: Ranbir, Katrina in Thailand10 Unknown facts about Parineeti ChopraDhanteras celebrated ahead of DiwaliSunny Leone\'s Pink Lips song crosses 10 million hits on YouTubeImages: Meet Navjot Singh Sidhu\'s glamorous daughter Rabia SidhuBigg Boss: Sonali, Gautam get cozy in bed, view picsAbhishek Bachchan\'s big brother is SRK
Barcelona warmed up for their clash with Real Madrid in fine fashion as goals from Neyma
MP House adjourned without discussing no-confidence motion Last Updated : 11 Jul 2013 04:23:56 PM IST File Photo
Amid uproarious scenes created by ruling BJP in the Madhya Pradesh Assembly, the House was on Thursday adjourned indefinitely without discussing the Opposition sponsored no-confidence motion.
The no-confidence motion was to be taken up after the Question Hour, Zero Hour and discussion on call attention motions, but when Leader of Opposition Ajay Singh began to speak, party's deputy leader Choudhary Rakesh Singh Chaturvedi rose and said there were many flaws in the motion.
Chaturvedi said the motion did not contain a number of things which required to be mentioned.
Even now, 721 pilgrims who had gone to Uttarakhand were missing and this was not mentioned in the motion, he said.
The Congress MLA also said the issue involving former finance minister Raghavji, who has been arrested over charge of sodomy, did not find a mention in the motion.
He also referred to a tweet by Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh criticising Raghavji.
The state Assembly had on Tuesday admitted the notice of no-confidence motion moved by Ajay for discussion.
The Opposition wanted to bring a no-confidence motion against the BJP-led state government over several issues, including alleged corruption by ministers, fall in law and order in MP and rise in crime against women.
State industries minister Kailash Vijaywargia said the no-confidence motion had been reduced to nought as the Congress deputy leader had expressed lack of faith in it.
At this time, several BJP members got up, started shouting slogans against the motion and amid noisy scenes, Speaker Ishwar Das Rohani adjourned the House for 30 minutes.
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan said there was no point in discussing the no-confidence motion as the Congress deputy leader had strong reservations about it.
In the meantime, Ajay Singh said the ruling party members "were shouting as they did not have the guts to listen to the charges contained in the no-confidence motion."
The noisy scenes continued even after the House re-assembled at the end of the 30-minute adjournment.
The Speaker said parliamentary affairs minister Narottam Mishra had informed him that the House had completed all its official business and hence he was adjourning it indefinitely.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
In Salman Khan's family Diwali and Arpita's wedding celebrations in full swing
- Aishwarya Rai, Katrina Kaif's Diwali looks
- Salman cleans Karjat, nominates Aamir for 'Swachh Bharat campaign'
- SPOTTED: Ranbir, Katrina in Thailand
- Priyanka Chopra will not celebrate Diwali
- 10 Unknown facts about Parineeti Chopra
- Ebola suspected, actress Tori Spelling hospitalised and quarantined
- Sunny Leone's Pink Lips song crosses 10 million hits on YouTube
- Images: Meet Navjot Singh Sidhu's glamorous daughter Rabia Sidhu
In a spooky mix-up, a woman in the UK was horrified at receiving text messages from her de
Korean handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its most expensive device in the country