- DIY tips to light up your home for DiwaliMake a glitzy style statement on DiwaliWays to stay healthy during DiwaliManage diabetes and enjoy DiwaliKJo run-ins with political parties’ every-time before releaseKaran wanted more intimate scenes but I controlled: AishwaryaSRK, Gauri celebrate 25 years of marriageTips to keep your pets safe this DiwaliBritney Spears suffers wardrobe malfunctionI was mesmerised by Aishwarya's persona: Anushka Sharma
Legendary footballers Pele, Diego Maradona and Franz Beckenbauer led the tributes for Braz
Two held for making fake passport of Akshardham attack accused Last Updated : 26 Nov 2012 03:26:11 PM IST File Photo
Two persons including a passport agent have been arrested by the Madhya Pradesh CID in connection with a fake passport made for Sameer alias Nawab Pathan, an accused in the 2002 Akshardham temple attack case.
Confirming the arrests today, Additional Director General of Police (CID), M R Krishna said all the documents used for making the bogus passport have also been found to be fake.
The accused was killed in an encounter with the Ahmedabad police in 2002 and was identified as Sameer alias Nawab Pathan from the passport recovered from his pocket.
Since the passport was made in Bhopal, the matter was handed over to the CID in Bhopal.
During investigations, it was found that one Subhash Sharma, a resident of Shajapur and passport agent Abu Bakerhad helped in making the bogus passport, following which the two were arrested yesterday.
Madhya Pradesh Home Minister Uma Shankar Gupta said the matter was being probed further and added that action will be taken against those found guilty.
A group of militants allegedly belonging to banned Lashkar-e-Taiba had attacked the temple in Ahmedabad on September 24, 2002, killing 37 people and leaving scores others injured.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Sarod maestro Amjad Ali Khan has joined the debate on the inclusion of Pakistani talent in
- You look your best when you work with Karan Johar, says Anushka
- SRK lends support to beautifying Bandstand Promenade
- 'Kaabil' trailer preview
- Salman Khan's bodyguard booked for assault
- 'Kahaani 2' trailer leaves a strong impact
- Filmmaking has become a business: Jaya Bachchan
- VOOT to bring exclusive content from 'Bigg Boss' house
- Pak artistes may not attend Goa arts festival
An Indonesian court on Tuesday sentenced a 70-year-old Australian man to 15 years in pri
Bharti Airtel on Wednesday launched an affordable 10-day validity pack for international r