- Sheenojis: Charlie Sheen releases personalised emojisHot tips to stay fit and healthyReview; 'The Angry Birds Movie'Veerappan movie review'Phobia' movie reviewReview: 'Waiting' Actors rule the roostSonam, McKellen inaugurate Kashish Film FestivalKaran Johar celebrates birthday with star kidsWhen Salman Khan was in tears while shooting for 'Sultan'Wear the right shoe for the right occasion!
French Open tennis matches were suspended on Monday due to persistent rains in Paris on Mo
After DMK, RJD extends support to UPA Last Updated : 28 Nov 2012 05:18:33 PM IST File photo of Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad.
With DMK announcing support on FDI issue it is clear that UPA has sufficient numbers to 'sail through' voting on the issue in Parliament, Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad on Wednesday said.
There was no reason for NDA to continue to stall Parliament as UPA coordination committee has approved discussion on FDI and also voting, he told newsmen here.
"The decision on whether the discussion will held under rule 184 (entailing voting) or rule 193 (without voting) is the prerogative of the Speaker," he said.
RJD, which has four MPs in Lok Sabha and two in Rajya Sabha, has already announced support to UPA government's decision to allow 51 per cent FDI in multi-brand retail.
On the arrest of two senior journalists of ZEE news, Prasad said it was not justified.
"This is an issue between Congress MP Naveen Jindal and ZEE news. Jindal should have settled it between themselves," he added.
The RJD president welcomed the Centre's decision of direct cash subsidy transfer to beneficiaries of welfare schemes and said this would end the role of middlemen.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Animation in India is still considered a technique rather than a medium to tell stories, s
- Katy Perry's Twitter account hacked
- Home for 10 days, Priyanka Chopra to decide on next Hindi films
- Amitabh Bachchan, Anupam Kher mourn producer Vikas Mohan's death
- Emilia Clarke wants to be first female James Bond
- Producer Vikas Mohan passes away
- Priyanka Chopra to decide on next Hindi films
- It was Love In Paris for Deepika-Ranveer
- We were never a couple: Shraddha on dating Aditya
We imagine the Sun as a giant burning furnace that brings sunlight to us but NASA's Solar
E-cigarette use in Britain almost doubled in two years
Virtual dog to teach robots to perform tasks intelligently
The 'World's Ugliest Dog' won a Hero Award for helping people with disabilities
Bones of ancient, extinct species of bison uncovered
Hundreds witness Mercury transit in Delhi, scientists in Srinagar disappointed
Consumer electronics and home appliances major Videocon on Tuesday launched 4G-enabled Kry