- Salman, Shah Rukh, Aamir: Who is your favourite thief?When Sonakshi was ugly duckling!PICS: Favourite destination Chennai turns 375!Porn image helps Sunny Leone in Bollywood, see howAnkita Sharma flaunts hot bod, view picsLeaked: Kajol-ShahRukh together in Hum remakeB-town’s hot steamy couple photoshoot, view picBipasha ready to do love making scenes againChitrangada looks hot at LFW, view picsSalman Khan flies plane for 'Bigg Boss'
Top-ranked Serena Williams is seeded No. 1 as she seeks her third straight US Open title.
Uddhav Thackeray says, open to alliance with Raj Thackeray Last Updated : 30 Jan 2013 02:12:39 PM IST File Photo
In signs of a thaw, Shiv Sena President Uddhav Thackeray on Wednesday said he would welcome any offer of an alliance between his party and the Raj Thackeray-led Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) in the interests of the Marathi people.
However, Uddhav pointed out, "One cannot clap with a single hand. Tell me, can you ?". He was responding to a query on whether the cousins could come together.
Asked what he would do if estranged cousin Raj approached him with a proposal (for an alliance), Uddhav said, "If someone is going to come wholeheartedly with Sena, I will welcome them."
Uddhav expressed these sentiments in the second part of an interview published in Sena mouthpiece "Saamana".
Raj Thackeray split from the Shiv Sena in 2006 when his uncle late Bal Thackeray made it clear that it would be son Uddhav who would be his successor.
Over the last year, Raj fuelled speculation about a patch-up, visiting his ailing uncle at 'Matoshree', several times. He also visited Uddhav in hospital when the latter underwent first an angiography, and then an angioplasty.
Bal Thackeray passed away on November 17 last year.
On the possibility of uniting with Raj, Uddhav further said, "Why do you ask this question only to me? I am ready to reply. But for that you have to make us (me and Raj) sit together, next to each other. Then you can ask the question to both of us. It depends on both sides."
"More important than coming together, we have to first analyse why we drifted away... If we reunite, then for what purpose? Who is your main political opponent? Who do you want to destroy politically? And what direction should be taken for achieving this ?" he said.
Responding to reports that he was the hurdle and "villain" in the coming together of the two Senas, Uddhav, in a veiled criticism of Raj, said, "How can I be the hurdle, the villian? I always remained loyal to Balasaheb. I never branched out."
Bal Thackeray founded the Shiv Sena over four decades ago to fight for the rights of the Marathis and ensure justice for the sons of the soil, Uddhav noted.
"When he realised that Islamic groups were posing a threat to the country ..., he said only Marathis would not be able to tackle the challenge. So, he adopted the policy that in Maharashtra he would fight for Marathis," the Sena President said.
The Shiv Sena "was the party of the Marathis", Uddhav said, adding his father had forged an alliance with the BJP over two decades ago to ensure that the Hindu vote did not split.
To a query, Uddhav said he was not aware of ally BJP making any proposal for having MNS as part of the alliance.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bipasha Basu, who has acted in several films in the horror/ super-natural genre, says she
- Salman, Shah Rukh, Aamir: Who is your favourite thief?
- When Sonakshi was ugly duckling!
- Porn image helps Sunny Leone in Bollywood, see how
- Ankita Sharma flaunts hot bod, view pics
- Leaked: Kajol-ShahRukh together in Hum remake
- B-town’s hot steamy couple photoshoot, view pic
- Bipasha ready to do love making scenes again
- Chitrangada looks hot at LFW, view pics
Kenneth Douglas had sexually abused 100 dead women over the period between 1976 and 1992.
Buyers are always on the lookout for the cheap and best and here are the best budget smart