- Pics: B-Town celebrates P.V. Sindhu's Olympic win'Happy Bhag Jayegi': A light-hearted, feel-good filmCelebrities hail Sakshi Malik's Olympic winPink is not a film about rape, says Amitabh BachchanOn Rakhi, TV actors recount memories with 'partners in crime'B-Town celebs wish Navroz Mubarak to ParsisBritish-era bunker unearthed in Raj BhavanLeaked: Sex Scenes from award winning film 'Parched'Entertainment Being an actress, I can be anybody: Priyanka ChopraCheck out Salman's 'Tubelight' first look
Montreal Canadiens forward Tomas Plekanec has been chosen captain of the Czech Republic’
Rahul candidacy as PM gains ground Last Updated : 10 Dec 2012 12:49:54 PM IST Rahul candidacy as PM gains ground
Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde may have said this ostensible to expose dithering in BJP on the issue but the only massage received by political pundits is that Manmohan Singh has no chance in the next election.
"Congress is clear on the suitability and capability of party general secretary Rahul Gandhi for the post of Prime Minister. Senior and young party leaders have been projecting him for this post," Shinde had said on Sunday.
"However, BJP is undecided about its prime ministerial candidate for the 2014 General elections. BJP keeps on talking about L K Advani, Sushma Swaraj, Arun Jaitley, Rajnath Singh and Narendra Modi for the post," he said.
He was addressing a public meeting in Tulsidham crossing area in Manjalpur under the newly-created Manjalpur Assembly constituency here.
Attacking Chief Minister Narendra Modi, Shinde alleged that the Gujarat government was not supplying power to farmers but "selling it" which was being allocated to the state from central power sector projects.
He alleged that Modi was spending huge amount of money over publicity for creating his image.
Raising question over Modi's claim over the state's development, Shinde said if it is so, then why there are 10 lakh unemployed youths registered in Gujarat.
He also asked that why applications of 10 lakh farmers in Gujarat have been pending for power connections for irrigation purpose.
He said in 1995, when the Congress was in power in Gujarat, 2.15 lakh persons were employed in the government services, however, this number has declined to 1.60 lakhs during 11 years of Modi regime.
Shinde said exit of former chief minister Keshubhai Patel from BJP "indicated the style of functioning of Modi."
"Modi tried to mislead people by making false claims of development in the state, but people of Gujarat have realized it and the defeat of his government in the Assembly poll is certain," Shinde said.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actor Sumit Kaul will be adding a funny twist to "Bahu Humari Rajni_Kant" with his entry.
- Rumours are baseless: Bhansali's spokesperson on Deepika's remuneration
- Irrfan honoured with Entertainer of The Year award
- Won't return to direction until I introduce 10 directors: Sasikumar
- Treat to work on dance numbers: Jacqueline
- Pakistanis, Indians respect each other: Om Puri
- Was looking for substantial role after 'Commando': Pooja Chopra
- Sohail Khan a damn cool director: Nawazuddin
- Reality TV is a big platform: Prince Narula
Believe it or not, dogs have the ability to distinguish words and the intonation of human
Domestic mobile manufacturer Videocon smartphone on Tuesday announced its association with