- Teaser of \'Bajrangi Bhaijaan\' releasedLeone meets police on obscenity, porn mattersTanu Weds Manu Returns inching towards 100 crores in just six days!Kylie Jenner shuts pregnancy rumorsSee Salman Khan practicing for AIBA 2015Royal Enfield unveils bikes and gearsTattoo lovers, beware!Men prefer smart women over breastsAfter Cannes honour, 'Masaan' at Indian theatres on July 24I’m lucky to have good genes
US Soccer Federation president Sunil Gulati said he is joining the bid to oust embattled F
Rahul candidacy as PM gains ground Last Updated : 10 Dec 2012 12:49:54 PM IST Rahul candidacy as PM gains ground
Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde may have said this ostensible to expose dithering in BJP on the issue but the only massage received by political pundits is that Manmohan Singh has no chance in the next election.
"Congress is clear on the suitability and capability of party general secretary Rahul Gandhi for the post of Prime Minister. Senior and young party leaders have been projecting him for this post," Shinde had said on Sunday.
"However, BJP is undecided about its prime ministerial candidate for the 2014 General elections. BJP keeps on talking about L K Advani, Sushma Swaraj, Arun Jaitley, Rajnath Singh and Narendra Modi for the post," he said.
He was addressing a public meeting in Tulsidham crossing area in Manjalpur under the newly-created Manjalpur Assembly constituency here.
Attacking Chief Minister Narendra Modi, Shinde alleged that the Gujarat government was not supplying power to farmers but "selling it" which was being allocated to the state from central power sector projects.
He alleged that Modi was spending huge amount of money over publicity for creating his image.
Raising question over Modi's claim over the state's development, Shinde said if it is so, then why there are 10 lakh unemployed youths registered in Gujarat.
He also asked that why applications of 10 lakh farmers in Gujarat have been pending for power connections for irrigation purpose.
He said in 1995, when the Congress was in power in Gujarat, 2.15 lakh persons were employed in the government services, however, this number has declined to 1.60 lakhs during 11 years of Modi regime.
Shinde said exit of former chief minister Keshubhai Patel from BJP "indicated the style of functioning of Modi."
"Modi tried to mislead people by making false claims of development in the state, but people of Gujarat have realized it and the defeat of his government in the Assembly poll is certain," Shinde said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Arjun and Ranveer's on-screen equation was appreciated by people in "Gunday".
- 'White Men Can't Jump' star Reynaldo Rey dies
- Madhuri Dixit gets legal notice for asking people to eat Maggi
- Dharmendra is fit and fine: Esha Deol
- Dance-based films are a necessity: Hrithik
- See Abram first photoshoot
- Omg! Deepika did not invite Amitabh bachchan to piku success party.
- Is Kangana making Alia, Deepika and Priyanka insured?
- Oops! Nargis Fakir's deep cleavage show
Saudi Arabia is planning to build the world's largest hotel with 10,000 rooms at a whoppin
Government will soon launch a mobile application in next three months to enable consumers