- Giorgio Armani hits back at MadonnaShahrukh in Delhi for FanOMG! Why was Ranbir on his knees proposing to Deepika?Taraporevala Aquarium in Mumbai reopensAishwarya Rai\'s returns on Vogue India cover\'Dum Laga Ke Haisha\' will release internationally: AyushmannBollywood very hard to crack for me: Tina DesaiShahrukh Khan thanks Chunky PandeyAmitabh,Akshay,Jacqueline,Sunny Leone at Tulsi Kumar\'s receptionWho has the hottest Satyam Shivam Sundaram look?
Michael Phelps might return to the pool for this year's World Championships.
Now L K Advani praises Narendra Modi Last Updated : 03 Dec 2012 12:29:09 PM IST Advani praises Narendra Modi
"Modi is undertaking great development work in Gujarat. He is a role model for chief ministers of other states on how to rule, govern and take care of even the poorest," he said addressing election rallies at Kalol and Mansa in Gandhinagar district in the run up to the Gujarat Assembly polls on December 13 and 17.
Lauding Modi for introducing schemes for tribals and fishermen, Advani had said on Sunday, "Prices have risen during the Congress regime while the Union government is facing corruption charges. Scam after scam is being unravelled."
Advani's praise of Modi comes days after Swaraj and BJP leader Gopinath Munde described him "fit" for the prime minister's post.
" Narendra Modi is capable of becoming the prime minister of the country... he is fit for it," Swaraj had said on Saturday.
Taking a dig at Swaraj for her statment on Modi, Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh had said she must first make clear if Advani also agrees with her.
"It is alright if Sushma feels that Modi is good for the Prime Minister's job, but she must first tell if Advani also agrees with her on this," Digvijay had said in Katni in Madhya Pradesh.
Munde had said yesterday that " Narendra Modi is capable of becoming PM and I am satisfied with Sushma Swaraj's opinion...He has potential of becoming PM".
Arun Jaitley, another senior party leader, had said that BJP is proud of the fact it had a leader like Modi and he is so popular and a "successful CM" that it is "natural" the party will keep his name "ahead" in the prime ministerial aspirants.
BJP's Bihar unit chief C P Thakur had claimed that the endorsement of Swaraj, the Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha, was the broad view of the entire party leadership.
"Sushmaji's endorsement of Modi as BJP's prime ministerial candidate in the next general elections represents the broad view of the party leadership and not her personal opinion," Thakur had told in Patna.
"Not only Sushmaji, but the Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley and other senior leaders have echoed similar sentiments in favour of Modi," Thakur had said, adding that the final decision would be taken at an appropriate forum of the party in due course of time.
The BJP on its part said there were many leaders who were eligible candidates in the party for the post of prime minister.
Against the backdrop of of the apparent growing support for Modi in the prime ministerial stakes, BJP spokesman Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi had said, "BJP is fortunate to have many eligible candidates for the post of prime minister. The party will decide who will be when the time comes."
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Indian cricket captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni is busy with the ICC Cricket World Cup while h
- Kardashian learns Piano from Oksana
- Reason behind the Divyanka-Sharad split
- Shraddha Kapoor celebrates her birthday with Varun Dhawan
- Shahrukh Khan Drapes a saree
- Bollywood criticises ban on beef in Maharashtra
- This is why everyone calls Alia Bhatt a fool?
- Giorgio Armani hits back at Madonna
- L Subramaniam, Roshan Kumari receive Hafiz Ali Khan Award
Elizabeth "Betty" McIntosh, an American spy girl who was stationed in India for a few yea
iPhone maker Apple has emerged as the largest 4G LTE device vendor in India.