- Iulia Vantur celebrated birthday with Salman KhanICW 2016: Rohit Bal adds Russian touch to India fashionB-Town hails Salman's acquittal in poaching casesKangana turns Mughal empress for at the FDCI India Couture Week 2016Why not: Kangana on getting married more than once'Madaari': A heartbreaking wake-up callVijay Raaz did 'Mission Tiger' for freeYami Gautam flaunts bridal avatar at ICW 2016Did Sunny Leone actually sing the National Anthem incorrectly?Anamika's collection impresses fashionistas at ICW 2016
Wrestling Federation of India President Brij Bhusan Sharan Singh on Monday backed dope-tai
Now L K Advani praises Narendra Modi Last Updated : 03 Dec 2012 12:29:09 PM IST Advani praises Narendra Modi
"Modi is undertaking great development work in Gujarat. He is a role model for chief ministers of other states on how to rule, govern and take care of even the poorest," he said addressing election rallies at Kalol and Mansa in Gandhinagar district in the run up to the Gujarat Assembly polls on December 13 and 17.
Lauding Modi for introducing schemes for tribals and fishermen, Advani had said on Sunday, "Prices have risen during the Congress regime while the Union government is facing corruption charges. Scam after scam is being unravelled."
Advani's praise of Modi comes days after Swaraj and BJP leader Gopinath Munde described him "fit" for the prime minister's post.
" Narendra Modi is capable of becoming the prime minister of the country... he is fit for it," Swaraj had said on Saturday.
Taking a dig at Swaraj for her statment on Modi, Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh had said she must first make clear if Advani also agrees with her.
"It is alright if Sushma feels that Modi is good for the Prime Minister's job, but she must first tell if Advani also agrees with her on this," Digvijay had said in Katni in Madhya Pradesh.
Munde had said yesterday that " Narendra Modi is capable of becoming PM and I am satisfied with Sushma Swaraj's opinion...He has potential of becoming PM".
Arun Jaitley, another senior party leader, had said that BJP is proud of the fact it had a leader like Modi and he is so popular and a "successful CM" that it is "natural" the party will keep his name "ahead" in the prime ministerial aspirants.
BJP's Bihar unit chief C P Thakur had claimed that the endorsement of Swaraj, the Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha, was the broad view of the entire party leadership.
"Sushmaji's endorsement of Modi as BJP's prime ministerial candidate in the next general elections represents the broad view of the party leadership and not her personal opinion," Thakur had told in Patna.
"Not only Sushmaji, but the Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley and other senior leaders have echoed similar sentiments in favour of Modi," Thakur had said, adding that the final decision would be taken at an appropriate forum of the party in due course of time.
The BJP on its part said there were many leaders who were eligible candidates in the party for the post of prime minister.
Against the backdrop of of the apparent growing support for Modi in the prime ministerial stakes, BJP spokesman Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi had said, "BJP is fortunate to have many eligible candidates for the post of prime minister. The party will decide who will be when the time comes."
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
It was always said that Deepika Padukone's ex and current boyfriend does not hit off well
- Rishi Kapoor respects Rajinikanth's humility
- Pakistan to ban Sunny Leone song?
- I don't copy anybody, says Varun
- Iulia Vantur celebrated birthday with Salman Khan
- SRK terms himself struggling writer, pens poem inspired from Zayn Malik
- Is Renuka Shahane not happy with Salman's acquittal?
- Sidharth excited for 'Kala chashma' song release
- B-Town hails Salman's acquittal in poaching cases
At 86, Dakshayani shows no signs of ageing and looks absolutely fit as she gets all set to
Domestic electronics company Micromax has announced a new laptop series Micromax Ignite an