- SPOTTED: Ranbir, Katrina in Thailand10 Unknown facts about Parineeti ChopraDhanteras celebrated ahead of DiwaliSunny Leone\'s Pink Lips song crosses 10 million hits on YouTubeImages: Meet Navjot Singh Sidhu\'s glamorous daughter Rabia SidhuBigg Boss: Sonali, Gautam get cozy in bed, view picsAbhishek Bachchan\'s big brother is SRKRange Rover factory in China inauguratedRemedy on Dhanteras to become richRekha's vanity van tantrums
India's chief hockey coach Terry Walsh sprang a surprise by resigning from his post beca
Now L K Advani praises Narendra Modi Last Updated : 03 Dec 2012 12:29:09 PM IST Advani praises Narendra Modi
"Modi is undertaking great development work in Gujarat. He is a role model for chief ministers of other states on how to rule, govern and take care of even the poorest," he said addressing election rallies at Kalol and Mansa in Gandhinagar district in the run up to the Gujarat Assembly polls on December 13 and 17.
Lauding Modi for introducing schemes for tribals and fishermen, Advani had said on Sunday, "Prices have risen during the Congress regime while the Union government is facing corruption charges. Scam after scam is being unravelled."
Advani's praise of Modi comes days after Swaraj and BJP leader Gopinath Munde described him "fit" for the prime minister's post.
" Narendra Modi is capable of becoming the prime minister of the country... he is fit for it," Swaraj had said on Saturday.
Taking a dig at Swaraj for her statment on Modi, Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh had said she must first make clear if Advani also agrees with her.
"It is alright if Sushma feels that Modi is good for the Prime Minister's job, but she must first tell if Advani also agrees with her on this," Digvijay had said in Katni in Madhya Pradesh.
Munde had said yesterday that " Narendra Modi is capable of becoming PM and I am satisfied with Sushma Swaraj's opinion...He has potential of becoming PM".
Arun Jaitley, another senior party leader, had said that BJP is proud of the fact it had a leader like Modi and he is so popular and a "successful CM" that it is "natural" the party will keep his name "ahead" in the prime ministerial aspirants.
BJP's Bihar unit chief C P Thakur had claimed that the endorsement of Swaraj, the Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha, was the broad view of the entire party leadership.
"Sushmaji's endorsement of Modi as BJP's prime ministerial candidate in the next general elections represents the broad view of the party leadership and not her personal opinion," Thakur had told in Patna.
"Not only Sushmaji, but the Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley and other senior leaders have echoed similar sentiments in favour of Modi," Thakur had said, adding that the final decision would be taken at an appropriate forum of the party in due course of time.
The BJP on its part said there were many leaders who were eligible candidates in the party for the post of prime minister.
Against the backdrop of of the apparent growing support for Modi in the prime ministerial stakes, BJP spokesman Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi had said, "BJP is fortunate to have many eligible candidates for the post of prime minister. The party will decide who will be when the time comes."
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood most loved couple Ranbir kapoor and Katrina Kapoor have finally reached Thailand
- Priyanka Chopra will not celebrate Diwali
- 10 Unknown facts about Parineeti Chopra
- Ebola suspected, actress Tori Spelling hospitalised and quarantined
- Sunny Leone's Pink Lips song crosses 10 million hits on YouTube
- Images: Meet Navjot Singh Sidhu's glamorous daughter Rabia Sidhu
- Toni Garrn enjoys Tennis with Leonardo
- Bigg Boss: Sonali, Gautam get cozy in bed, view pics
- Priyanka gives up Diwali celebrations
In a spooky mix-up, a woman in the UK was horrified at receiving text messages from her de
Korean handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its most expensive device in the country