- Why Shraddha uncomfortable in kissing Emraan HashmiLava from Hawaii\'s Kilauea Volcano advancing,evacuation to beginHow Aaradhya Bachchan celebrated Diwali with familyAnushka and Virat spotted together againAamir Khan\'s special for Sanjay DuttNathuram Godse should have killed Nehru, not GandhiThunderous response to Shah Rukh Khan\'s Happy New Year:Rs 44.97 crore on Day 1Amitabh\'s Jalsa turns star studded this DiwaliDeepika challenges Sunny Leone\'Diwali\' celebrations in pics
Provisionally suspended she might be but Indian boxer L Sarita Devi has not given up hop
Gujarat election 2012: Tainted ex-minister Amit Shah gets ticket Last Updated : 29 Nov 2012 08:29:20 AM IST File Photo
Former Gujarat Minister of State for Home Amit Shah, facing charges in the Sohrabuddin fake encounter case, has been fielded by BJP from the Naranpura Assembly seat in the forthcoming elections for which the party on Wednesday announced its third list of 89 candidates.
BJP's Central Election Committee declared the list of candidates, comprising of 89 names, for the two-phase Gujarat Assembly elections to be held on December 13 and 17.
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi presented the list of prospective candidates in the CEC meeting and got the central leadership's assent.
Shah, who is facing allegations of his involvement in the Sohrabuddin fake encounter case and was externed from Gujarat earlier, will contest from Naranpura.
A close confidant of Modi, Shah was reportedly in touch with the police officials who allegedly carried out Sohrabuddin's encounter.
Other prominent candidates announced today include Anandiben Patel, a close Modi associate, who will contest from Ghatlodiya. It is widely rumoured that she may take over the mantle in Gujarat if Modi moves to national politics after the polls.
Bharatbhai Barot, another leader from Modi's coterie, will be in the fray from Dariapur.
Unconfirmed reports said 27 of 122 BJP MLAs have been denied a ticket in these polls. BJP has declared 177 candidates for the 182-member Gujarat Assembly.
There are 19 women, seven Scheduled Caste and 11 Scheduled Caste in today's list of candidates.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood actress Shraddha Kapoor is feeling uncomfortable shooting an item number for 'Un
- How Aaradhya Bachchan celebrated Diwali with family
- Sadashiv Amrapurkar critically ill
- Anushka and Virat spotted together again
- Katie Price wants to sell breast implants to fan
- Rajinikanth first look in ‘Lingaa’
- We will never remake 'Awara': Randhir Kapoor
- Lindsay Lohan gets upset when asked about imprisonment
- Madonna's memorabilia collection to go on sale
Country's first fish hospital to treat abnormalities and diseases in them is set to come u
Korean handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its most expensive device in the country