- Sushant begins preparation for 'Chanda Mama Door Ke'Deepika's Hollywood debut mints over $300 mn worldwide'Jolly LLB 2' enters 100 crore clubAkshay, Bhumi wrap 'Toilet: Ek Prem Katha'Bharti gearing up for her winter weddingRanbir's look from Sanjay Dutt's biopic leakedRanveer, Anushka cast vote for civic body pollsProtect your skin from sun with home care tipsIttefaq shoot begins with Shah Rukh KhanB-town couples grace Shahid's pre-birthday bash
Elite Kenyan runners competing at the Tokyo marathon on Sunday will be targeting two bir
Raksha Bandhan 2013: SMS, messages, quotes for loved ones Last Updated : 19 Aug 2013 09:30:47 AM IST File photo
The entire nation is all set to celebrate the festival of Raksha Bandhan, the brother-sister bond, on 20 August 20, 2013, Tuesday.
Raksha Bandhan is the festival that celebrates the love and affection between a brother and a sister.
On this auspicious day, the sister tie rakhi (sacred thread) on her brother's wrist which symbolises the sister's love and prayers for her brother's well-being, and the brother's lifelong vow to protect her.
As per the Hindu calander, Raksha Bandhan falls on the full moon day (Shravan Poornima) of the Shravan month. The best muhurat to tie the rakhi on Raksha Bandhan falls on Aparahan.
This year, the best timing or the best Muhurat of Raksha Bandhan is late afternoon according to Hindu division of the day. If Aparahan time is not available then Pradosh time is also suitable to perform rituals
Raksha Bandhan Thread Ceremony Time 2013 - 08:48 pm to 09:07 pm ( 18 Minutes ).
On this occasion, people are also exchange Rakhi SMS to dear ones. These days Rakhi messages are also exchanged on social networking sites Facebook and twitter.
Here are some Raksha Bandhan SMS messages and quotes for your loved ones
Brothers are like streetlights along the road,
they don't make distance any shorter,
but they light up the path and make the walk worthwhile.
A Brother Is God’s Gift
To Every Sister To Make Her Feel Loved,
Happy And Protected.
I Am Lucky I Have You In My Life.
Happy Raksha Bandhan.
As we grow up, we act like we don’t care,
But it is just an act,
For I know you will always be there,
Love you, brother/sister dear.
We fight for the smallest of reasons. We laugh on the silliest of jokes,
We love stepping on each other’s toes. We watch the same Sunday shows,
This list for me is never-ending. My darling brother, you are my favourite blessing.
You are there for me during happiness and joy
You are there for me in every walk of life
You are there for me in the toughest times
To hold my hand during the darkest days
To share my smiles and tears
Happy Raksha Bandhan, brother dear!
My brother is Miles away,
Where I cannot see his smile,
Where I cannot laugh with him,
Where I cannot hold him in my arms,
Yet he is ever in my thoughts and smiles
Happy Rakhi, my dearest brother!
Here are some Raksha Bandhan Messages in Hindi
Rishta hai janmo ka hamara
Bharose ka aur pyaar bhara
Chalo, ise bandhe bhaiya Rakhi ke atut bandhan mein.
Happy raksha Bandhan
Aapke liye mera yeh dil...
yahi dua karta hai ke...
kaamyabi aapke kadam chume...
aur aap hamesha zindagi mein kamyaab hoon...
Kaamyabi tumhare kadam chume,
Khushiyan tumhare charo aur ho,
Par bhagwan se itni prarthana karne ke liye,
tum mujhe kuch to commission do!
To my extremely lovable (but kanjoos) brother...
Just kidding as always...
Happy Raksha Bandhanloading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
The makers of the "Jolly LLB" franchise on Wednesday confirmed that there will be a third
- 'Lion' to be specially screened for underprivileged kids
- Sushant begins preparation for 'Chanda Mama Door Ke'
- Pics:Deepika's Hollywood debut mints over $300 mn worldwide
- We hardly celebrate good cinema in India: Tannishtha Chatterjee
- Madhavan releases 'Vikram Vedha' first poster
- Dhanush to reunite with 'Kodi' director
- 'Rangoon' role not based on anybody living or dead: Kangana
- 'Ghulaam' actor to be part of 'Nach Baliye 8'
It is not the brain that determines whether a person is a lefty or a righty, but the spina
Emphasising on building a gaming ecosystem in India, printing and personal computer major