- Ankita Lokhande not dating Kushal TandonHeavy showers lashes Mumbai, high tide expectedSky is the limit for me with right director: Alia BhattIt's not about size of role in Hollywood, but experience: DeepikaRevealed: Whom is Ankita Lokhande dating after Sushant!'Raman Raghav 2.0': Cleverly crafted, compellingShivaay poster: Erika Kaar joins the journeyBollywood at IIFA:When celebs put their hair down!Bollywood's bold babesWhy Salman Khan's Sultan will not be promoted on the Kapil Sharma show
Portugal winger Nani believes star striker Cristiano Ronaldo’s brace against Hungary in
Raksha Bandhan 2013: SMS, messages, quotes for loved ones Last Updated : 19 Aug 2013 09:30:47 AM IST File photo
The entire nation is all set to celebrate the festival of Raksha Bandhan, the brother-sister bond, on 20 August 20, 2013, Tuesday.
Raksha Bandhan is the festival that celebrates the love and affection between a brother and a sister.
On this auspicious day, the sister tie rakhi (sacred thread) on her brother's wrist which symbolises the sister's love and prayers for her brother's well-being, and the brother's lifelong vow to protect her.
As per the Hindu calander, Raksha Bandhan falls on the full moon day (Shravan Poornima) of the Shravan month. The best muhurat to tie the rakhi on Raksha Bandhan falls on Aparahan.
This year, the best timing or the best Muhurat of Raksha Bandhan is late afternoon according to Hindu division of the day. If Aparahan time is not available then Pradosh time is also suitable to perform rituals
Raksha Bandhan Thread Ceremony Time 2013 - 08:48 pm to 09:07 pm ( 18 Minutes ).
On this occasion, people are also exchange Rakhi SMS to dear ones. These days Rakhi messages are also exchanged on social networking sites Facebook and twitter.
Here are some Raksha Bandhan SMS messages and quotes for your loved ones
Brothers are like streetlights along the road,
they don't make distance any shorter,
but they light up the path and make the walk worthwhile.
A Brother Is God’s Gift
To Every Sister To Make Her Feel Loved,
Happy And Protected.
I Am Lucky I Have You In My Life.
Happy Raksha Bandhan.
As we grow up, we act like we don’t care,
But it is just an act,
For I know you will always be there,
Love you, brother/sister dear.
We fight for the smallest of reasons. We laugh on the silliest of jokes,
We love stepping on each other’s toes. We watch the same Sunday shows,
This list for me is never-ending. My darling brother, you are my favourite blessing.
You are there for me during happiness and joy
You are there for me in every walk of life
You are there for me in the toughest times
To hold my hand during the darkest days
To share my smiles and tears
Happy Raksha Bandhan, brother dear!
My brother is Miles away,
Where I cannot see his smile,
Where I cannot laugh with him,
Where I cannot hold him in my arms,
Yet he is ever in my thoughts and smiles
Happy Rakhi, my dearest brother!
Here are some Raksha Bandhan Messages in Hindi
Rishta hai janmo ka hamara
Bharose ka aur pyaar bhara
Chalo, ise bandhe bhaiya Rakhi ke atut bandhan mein.
Happy raksha Bandhan
Aapke liye mera yeh dil...
yahi dua karta hai ke...
kaamyabi aapke kadam chume...
aur aap hamesha zindagi mein kamyaab hoon...
Kaamyabi tumhare kadam chume,
Khushiyan tumhare charo aur ho,
Par bhagwan se itni prarthana karne ke liye,
tum mujhe kuch to commission do!
To my extremely lovable (but kanjoos) brother...
Just kidding as always...
Happy Raksha BandhanSource: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood star Priyanka Chopra's "pit-stopping" image of her "real armpits" was aimed at p
- Rithvik Dhanjani's 'high heels' moment for TV show
- Have learnt a lot from Govinda: Kapil Sharma
- Don't feel like resting on words like celebrity, superstar: Freida Pinto
- McConaughey to reprise role in 'True Detective'
- Megan Fox expecting a boy
- Ankita Lokhande not dating Kushal Tandon
- Have always been unlucky in love: Salman Khan
- Sky is the limit for me with right director: Alia Bhatt
Over 10 years, the central government spent Rs 21,482 crore ($3.2 billion) building houses
Panasonic India on Thursday launched a new fully-rugged, 2-in-1 lightweight Toughbook CF-2