- Ten reasons to watch M.S. Dhoni: An Untold StoryEnergy drinks may increase risk of drink drivingDon't want to do destructive roles: JohnLove is a feeling beyond your control: Ranbir KapoorWho is Salman Khan's duplicate?Get Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's make-up look this festive season!Sonakshi and John unveil the poster of 'Force 2', trailer to be released tonigh..Shilpa Shetty pens down her second book on recipesThings to keep in mind while travelling with dogsInside pics of Ranbir Kapoor birthday
India outplayed Pakistan 3-1 to set up a title showdown with hosts Bangladesh in the Under
Raksha Bandhan 2013: SMS, messages, quotes for loved ones Last Updated : 19 Aug 2013 09:30:47 AM IST File photo
The entire nation is all set to celebrate the festival of Raksha Bandhan, the brother-sister bond, on 20 August 20, 2013, Tuesday.
Raksha Bandhan is the festival that celebrates the love and affection between a brother and a sister.
On this auspicious day, the sister tie rakhi (sacred thread) on her brother's wrist which symbolises the sister's love and prayers for her brother's well-being, and the brother's lifelong vow to protect her.
As per the Hindu calander, Raksha Bandhan falls on the full moon day (Shravan Poornima) of the Shravan month. The best muhurat to tie the rakhi on Raksha Bandhan falls on Aparahan.
This year, the best timing or the best Muhurat of Raksha Bandhan is late afternoon according to Hindu division of the day. If Aparahan time is not available then Pradosh time is also suitable to perform rituals
Raksha Bandhan Thread Ceremony Time 2013 - 08:48 pm to 09:07 pm ( 18 Minutes ).
On this occasion, people are also exchange Rakhi SMS to dear ones. These days Rakhi messages are also exchanged on social networking sites Facebook and twitter.
Here are some Raksha Bandhan SMS messages and quotes for your loved ones
Brothers are like streetlights along the road,
they don't make distance any shorter,
but they light up the path and make the walk worthwhile.
A Brother Is God’s Gift
To Every Sister To Make Her Feel Loved,
Happy And Protected.
I Am Lucky I Have You In My Life.
Happy Raksha Bandhan.
As we grow up, we act like we don’t care,
But it is just an act,
For I know you will always be there,
Love you, brother/sister dear.
We fight for the smallest of reasons. We laugh on the silliest of jokes,
We love stepping on each other’s toes. We watch the same Sunday shows,
This list for me is never-ending. My darling brother, you are my favourite blessing.
You are there for me during happiness and joy
You are there for me in every walk of life
You are there for me in the toughest times
To hold my hand during the darkest days
To share my smiles and tears
Happy Raksha Bandhan, brother dear!
My brother is Miles away,
Where I cannot see his smile,
Where I cannot laugh with him,
Where I cannot hold him in my arms,
Yet he is ever in my thoughts and smiles
Happy Rakhi, my dearest brother!
Here are some Raksha Bandhan Messages in Hindi
Rishta hai janmo ka hamara
Bharose ka aur pyaar bhara
Chalo, ise bandhe bhaiya Rakhi ke atut bandhan mein.
Happy raksha Bandhan
Aapke liye mera yeh dil...
yahi dua karta hai ke...
kaamyabi aapke kadam chume...
aur aap hamesha zindagi mein kamyaab hoon...
Kaamyabi tumhare kadam chume,
Khushiyan tumhare charo aur ho,
Par bhagwan se itni prarthana karne ke liye,
tum mujhe kuch to commission do!
To my extremely lovable (but kanjoos) brother...
Just kidding as always...
Happy Raksha Bandhan
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
The craze for Neeraj Pandey's "M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story", a biopic on India's best kno
- Are Pakistani artistes terrorists, asks Salman
- Harshvardhan very special to me: Saiyami Kher
- Not playing Pakistani journalist in 'Noor': Sonakshi Sinha
- Kuch Rang Pyar Ke couple is a hit
- Unseen photos of Shah Rukh Khan and Anushka Sharma
- Shocking that Western cinema doesn't reflect diversity: Mira Nair
- Shivaay makers deny featuring Pakistani actress
- This is how Kat wished Ranbir on his birthday
Using state-of-the-art equipment, Australian researchers have managed to solve an 800-yea
The Chinese internet and technology conglomerate LeEco is offering its disruptive smaret