- Shahrukh wrapped 'Dilwale' shootBipasha sizzles in bikini at MaldivesHow romantic Salman and Sonam look together in Prem ratan Dhan Payo!Rani Mukerji on Vogue, Kajol on ElleKalki Koechlin turns showstopper for Gaurav GuptaYakub Memon buried at Bada Khabristan'Missile Man' laid to rest with emotional farewellMercedes launches 3 new modelsDhanush's movie reached Venice Film FestivalKareena, Arjun's most awaited film 'Ka and Ki' of year 2016
Ace Indian shuttler Saina Nehwal is confident of recovering from her shoulder pain and reg
Don't make provocative speeches:Sonia Gandhi warns telangana leaders Last Updated : 01 Aug 2013 11:10:10 AM IST Don't make provocative speeches:Sonia Gandhi warns telangana leaders
Congress President Sonia Gandhi asked Telangana leaders to maintain "restraint, brotherhood and cordial relations" with people of Andhra and Rayalseema regions as the process started for creation of a separate state of Telangana.
Sonia Gandhi given a stern warning to party leaders from Andhra and Rayalaseema regions to abide by the party's decision and ensure that the sharp divisions on the issue is not escalated into a full-blown crisis. Sonia Gandhi told that no loud celebrations should be there and no provocative statements are to be made against the Andhras.
A delegation comprising Union Ministers S Jaipal Reddy,Balram Naik, MPs Ponnam Prabhakar, S Rajaiah, P Govardhana Reddy and a large contingent of state ministers from the region called on Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Gandhi, and NCP chief Sharad Pawar to thank them for the Telangana decision.
“She was vacillating violently,” he said. Apparently, one of the senior Telangana leaders told her that the decision has to be taken because otherwise Congress might be reduced to zero in Andhra Pradesh in the 2014 elections. All the senior Congress leaders, including general secretary Digvijay Singh, were against Telangana.
Rahul Gandhi was also at 10 Janpath, when the Telangana leaders visited there.During the 20 minute-long meeting with Gandhi, the Telangana leaders also had a photo opportunity with the Congress President.
"You have to maintain restraint because some people may be aggrieved over the decision. Maintain brotherhood with people of other regions with whom you have lived for so long. Maintain a cordial relationship and give support to people from the other regions, who have settled in the Telangana region," Gandhi is learnt to have told the delegation.
Party MP Rajaiah said that Gandhi was keen that people from non-Telangana regions living in Hyderabad and other districts of the Telangana region are given support and have a sense of belonging.
"We thanked her for the decision on Telangana saying it would be a red-letter day and assured her that we will co-operate with our brothers from other two regions. The fact is that they have settled not only in Hyderabad but in all other nine districts of Telangana and are holding key posts there.
"They never faced a problem and will not do so in future.They are living with us for more than 150 years and there was never a problem in maintaining harmony," he said. Another MP Ponnam Prabhakar said that Telangana leaders have also decided to form a Sadhbhavana Group and meet the legislators and MPs from other two regions seeking their cooperation in formation of the new state for which Congress Working Committee passed a resolution yesterday.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Kareena Kapoor Khan will be the showstopper for the grand finale of Lakme Fashion
- Shahrukh wrapped 'Dilwale' shoot
- Riteish supports Salman's tweets on Yakub Memon
- Bipasha sizzles in bikini at Maldives
- Madhur, Aditi Hydari to dazzle the ramp at IIJW
- A Pak girl crosses border to meet Salman-Sharukh, BB style
- How romantic Salman and Sonam look together in Prem ratan Dhan Payo!
- Caitlyn and Kris's first meet after gender transition
- See what tough time Katrina-Saif had shooting for Phantom
A Hong Kong woman was sentenced to three-and-a-half months in jail on Thursday after a cou
If these images are to be believed, we would be seeing a couple of design innovations that