- 'Bahubali' enters Rs 500 crore clubAishwarya Rai walks the ramp for Manish MalhotraArpita Khan's birthday at Barcelona, will Salman go?Top five Dancing Divas of Bollywood12-yr-old Nicole Barr is as intelligent as Albert Eintein and Stephen HawkingFloods create a havoc in Kolkata, in picsMumbai costliest city for travellersBeyonce suffers wardrobe malfunctionAishwarya coming back after 5-yearsKangana walks ramp for designer Manav Gangwani
Sporting legend Milkha Singh in Chandigarh on Sunday congratulated golfer Ranveer Singh Sa
Delhi rape:BJP activists protest outside Sonia Gandhi's residence, detained Last Updated : 21 Apr 2013 02:46:37 PM IST Delhi rape:BJP activists protest outside Sonia Gandhi's residence, detained
Scores of BJP women activists were detained on Sunday when they staged a protest outside Congress president Sonia Gandhi's residence against the rape of a five-year-old girl in Delhi.
The activists of BJP's Mahila Morcha marched from party headquarters on Ashoka Road to Gandhi's 10-Janpath residence.They broke the barricades near Gandhi's residence, but prevented from moving forward.
However, the protesters, numbering around 75, were detained and taken to a nearby police stations.BJP supporters were yesterday stopped by police near the Parliament House when they tried to take out a candlelight march towards India Gate to protest the rape of a five-year-old girl here.
Police had arrested a number of protesters, including Delhi BJP Chief Vijay Goel, but later released them. The five-year-old girl was brutally raped and assaulted allegedly by her neighbour while being held captive and starved for two days in east Delhi's Gandhi Nagar.
She also contracted infection from foreign objects inserted in her body.
After Saturday's protest at the same site, police had erected barricades some distance away from the highly secured house. But the women broke them in a bid to enter it.
Most women were immediately taken away in a bus by police but many others kept raising slogans against the barbaric rape that has shocked the country.
The victim, daughter of a poor labourer, is being treated in a hospital. She is said to be stable. The accused has been arrested.
Protests continued in the capital elsewhere too.
Dozens of people laid siege to the Delhi Police headquarters demanding the sacking of Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar.
Many of the young protesters who raised slogans and waved banners were members of Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) party.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood star kid Sooraj Pancholi, who will soon hit the big screen with 'Hero', is likel
- 'Bahubali' enters Rs 500 crore club
- Aishwarya Rai walks the ramp for Manish Malhotra
- Arpita Khan's birthday at Barcelona, will Salman go?
- Dhak Dhak girl launches her latest venture Madz
- Why Hrithik Roshan praised Freida Pinto so much?
- First look of 'Meeruthiya Gangsters' launched
- Top five Dancing Divas of Bollywood
- YRF to debut on US TV now!
12-year-old UK girl gets highest IQ test score of 162
If these images are to be believed, we would be seeing a couple of design innovations that