- Meet most sexiest woman of 2015OMG! Shahid Kapoor's marriage not happening in DecemberFarmer Gajendra was master in tying turbansShakespeare inspired Bollywood in a big waySo finally Aishwarya\'s \'racist\' ad withdrawnThis was the biggest fear of Shoojit Sircar for \'Piku\'Why Jacqueline Fernandez will not perform at Hema Malini\'s showWhy Kangana Ranaut's parents were upset with her?Akshay's rugged look in 'Gabbar is Back'Smiley, Vineet eliminated from \'Nach Baliye 7\'
Playing her first match as world number one, India's Sania Mirza crashed out of the Porsch
Delhi rape:BJP activists protest outside Sonia Gandhi's residence, detained Last Updated : 21 Apr 2013 02:46:37 PM IST Delhi rape:BJP activists protest outside Sonia Gandhi's residence, detained
Scores of BJP women activists were detained on Sunday when they staged a protest outside Congress president Sonia Gandhi's residence against the rape of a five-year-old girl in Delhi.
The activists of BJP's Mahila Morcha marched from party headquarters on Ashoka Road to Gandhi's 10-Janpath residence.They broke the barricades near Gandhi's residence, but prevented from moving forward.
However, the protesters, numbering around 75, were detained and taken to a nearby police stations.BJP supporters were yesterday stopped by police near the Parliament House when they tried to take out a candlelight march towards India Gate to protest the rape of a five-year-old girl here.
Police had arrested a number of protesters, including Delhi BJP Chief Vijay Goel, but later released them. The five-year-old girl was brutally raped and assaulted allegedly by her neighbour while being held captive and starved for two days in east Delhi's Gandhi Nagar.
She also contracted infection from foreign objects inserted in her body.
After Saturday's protest at the same site, police had erected barricades some distance away from the highly secured house. But the women broke them in a bid to enter it.
Most women were immediately taken away in a bus by police but many others kept raising slogans against the barbaric rape that has shocked the country.
The victim, daughter of a poor labourer, is being treated in a hospital. She is said to be stable. The accused has been arrested.
Protests continued in the capital elsewhere too.
Dozens of people laid siege to the Delhi Police headquarters demanding the sacking of Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar.
Many of the young protesters who raised slogans and waved banners were members of Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) party.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Superstar Akshay Kumar feels the recent suicide by farmer Gajendra Singh at an Aam Aadmi P
- See Bollywood sexy babes in nightwear
- Piku's new posture reveals father-daughter cute chemistry
- Lady Gaga to receive contemporary ‘Icon’ award
- Bipasha Basu and Karan Singh Grover on a date!
- B-Town wishes Varun Dhawan on B'day
- Rare photos of B'day boy Varun Dhawan
- PICS:Kim Kardashian ready to be pregnant
- Here's why we call Tiger Shroff among best dancers of Bollywood
An Islamic college in Melbourne city has banned its girl students from participating in ru
Asus India launched the successor to their much-loved Zenfone range in the Asus Zenfone 2,