- Tom Hiddleston in 'advanced talks' for 25th Bond movieMahesh Babu takes 'full responsibility' for 'Brahmotsavam' failureIs Navya Naveli in love?Sheenojis: Charlie Sheen releases personalised emojisHot tips to stay fit and healthyReview; 'The Angry Birds Movie'Veerappan movie review'Phobia' movie reviewReview: 'Waiting' Actors rule the roostSonam, McKellen inaugurate Kashish Film Festival
The Rio Olympic Games should be postponed or moved "in the name of public health" over the
Delhi rape:BJP activists protest outside Sonia Gandhi's residence, detained Last Updated : 21 Apr 2013 02:46:37 PM IST Delhi rape:BJP activists protest outside Sonia Gandhi's residence, detained
Scores of BJP women activists were detained on Sunday when they staged a protest outside Congress president Sonia Gandhi's residence against the rape of a five-year-old girl in Delhi.
The activists of BJP's Mahila Morcha marched from party headquarters on Ashoka Road to Gandhi's 10-Janpath residence.They broke the barricades near Gandhi's residence, but prevented from moving forward.
However, the protesters, numbering around 75, were detained and taken to a nearby police stations.BJP supporters were yesterday stopped by police near the Parliament House when they tried to take out a candlelight march towards India Gate to protest the rape of a five-year-old girl here.
Police had arrested a number of protesters, including Delhi BJP Chief Vijay Goel, but later released them. The five-year-old girl was brutally raped and assaulted allegedly by her neighbour while being held captive and starved for two days in east Delhi's Gandhi Nagar.
She also contracted infection from foreign objects inserted in her body.
After Saturday's protest at the same site, police had erected barricades some distance away from the highly secured house. But the women broke them in a bid to enter it.
Most women were immediately taken away in a bus by police but many others kept raising slogans against the barbaric rape that has shocked the country.
The victim, daughter of a poor labourer, is being treated in a hospital. She is said to be stable. The accused has been arrested.
Protests continued in the capital elsewhere too.
Dozens of people laid siege to the Delhi Police headquarters demanding the sacking of Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar.
Many of the young protesters who raised slogans and waved banners were members of Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) party.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
The first look of Vidya Balan's upcoming Marathi debut film “Ekk Albela” has been unve
- Harman Baweja's brother's 'personal' video leaked online
- Sonu Nigam to undergo knee surgery on June 7
- 'Kammati Paadam' strikes gold at the box office
- Tom Hiddleston in 'advanced talks' for 25th Bond movie
- Justin Bieber poses in underwear
- Mahesh Babu takes 'full responsibility' for 'Brahmotsavam' failure
- Fardeen Khan responds to bodyshamers
- Johny who? asks Harman Baweja
The number of people in Britain who have tried e-cigarettes has almost doubled in just two
Virtual dog to teach robots to perform tasks intelligently
The 'World's Ugliest Dog' won a Hero Award for helping people with disabilities
Bones of ancient, extinct species of bison uncovered
Hundreds witness Mercury transit in Delhi, scientists in Srinagar disappointed
Leading astronomers to see 'Transit of Mercury' from Srinagar
In a bid to heat up the premium flagship smartphone segment, Taiwan-based company HTC on T