- Freida to promote women empowerment at CannesDaily yoga can help reduce multiple sclerosis symptomsRelease of SRK's 'Raees' pushed to next yearWear sunglasses to avoid eye damageBig B, Kangana, Kalki, Kabir, Bhansali at their best in awards functionWant my fan base to increase in South: HumaSee what Bips made Karan do post weddingAndamans gets a leg-up to showcase heritageFIRST LOOK: Varun, Alia in 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania'Care for your hair in simple steps this summer!
A new round of tickets has been put on sale from Thursday for Olympic gymnastics, canoein
Delhi rape:BJP activists protest outside Sonia Gandhi's residence, detained Last Updated : 21 Apr 2013 02:46:37 PM IST Delhi rape:BJP activists protest outside Sonia Gandhi's residence, detained
Scores of BJP women activists were detained on Sunday when they staged a protest outside Congress president Sonia Gandhi's residence against the rape of a five-year-old girl in Delhi.
The activists of BJP's Mahila Morcha marched from party headquarters on Ashoka Road to Gandhi's 10-Janpath residence.They broke the barricades near Gandhi's residence, but prevented from moving forward.
However, the protesters, numbering around 75, were detained and taken to a nearby police stations.BJP supporters were yesterday stopped by police near the Parliament House when they tried to take out a candlelight march towards India Gate to protest the rape of a five-year-old girl here.
Police had arrested a number of protesters, including Delhi BJP Chief Vijay Goel, but later released them. The five-year-old girl was brutally raped and assaulted allegedly by her neighbour while being held captive and starved for two days in east Delhi's Gandhi Nagar.
She also contracted infection from foreign objects inserted in her body.
After Saturday's protest at the same site, police had erected barricades some distance away from the highly secured house. But the women broke them in a bid to enter it.
Most women were immediately taken away in a bus by police but many others kept raising slogans against the barbaric rape that has shocked the country.
The victim, daughter of a poor labourer, is being treated in a hospital. She is said to be stable. The accused has been arrested.
Protests continued in the capital elsewhere too.
Dozens of people laid siege to the Delhi Police headquarters demanding the sacking of Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar.
Many of the young protesters who raised slogans and waved banners were members of Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) party.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
US-based Indian actress Freida Pinto will reportedly attend the upcoming 69th Cannes Inter
- Randeep Hooda brilliant in 'Sarbjit': Johnny Lever
- SRK, AbRam practise dance moves for KKR match
- Release of SRK's 'Raees' pushed to next year
- Justin Bieber being sued for $100,000
- Shekhar Suman again hits out at Kangana Ranaut
- National Awards: Big B 'touched' by president's speech
- Big B, Kangana, Kalki, Kabir, Bhansali at their best in awards function
- Evans, Downey Jr helped Holland in justifying Spiderma
In a weird incident in Turkey, a 34-year man was beaten black and blue for doing a lewd ac
Sony India on Monday launched a new portable wireless speaker for music aficionados in Ind