- Why is Bebo giving a miss to 'Bajrangi Bhaijan' promotions?Salman missing 'party days'Garam Dharam upset with mediaA walk in nature could battle depressionVarun-Shraddha's 'ABCD 2' nearing 100 croreStar studded screening for ‘Guddu Rangeela’Gaysil Naubert to choreographPooja Bhatt refused 'Aashiqui' for loveWho first came to meet Hema Malini after the accident?Salman tweets Sooraj Pancholi\'s tattoo from \'Hero\'
World champions Australia overcame some stiff resistance put up by Great Britain to notch
Delhi rape:BJP activists protest outside Sonia Gandhi's residence, detained Last Updated : 21 Apr 2013 02:46:37 PM IST Delhi rape:BJP activists protest outside Sonia Gandhi's residence, detained
Scores of BJP women activists were detained on Sunday when they staged a protest outside Congress president Sonia Gandhi's residence against the rape of a five-year-old girl in Delhi.
The activists of BJP's Mahila Morcha marched from party headquarters on Ashoka Road to Gandhi's 10-Janpath residence.They broke the barricades near Gandhi's residence, but prevented from moving forward.
However, the protesters, numbering around 75, were detained and taken to a nearby police stations.BJP supporters were yesterday stopped by police near the Parliament House when they tried to take out a candlelight march towards India Gate to protest the rape of a five-year-old girl here.
Police had arrested a number of protesters, including Delhi BJP Chief Vijay Goel, but later released them. The five-year-old girl was brutally raped and assaulted allegedly by her neighbour while being held captive and starved for two days in east Delhi's Gandhi Nagar.
She also contracted infection from foreign objects inserted in her body.
After Saturday's protest at the same site, police had erected barricades some distance away from the highly secured house. But the women broke them in a bid to enter it.
Most women were immediately taken away in a bus by police but many others kept raising slogans against the barbaric rape that has shocked the country.
The victim, daughter of a poor labourer, is being treated in a hospital. She is said to be stable. The accused has been arrested.
Protests continued in the capital elsewhere too.
Dozens of people laid siege to the Delhi Police headquarters demanding the sacking of Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar.
Many of the young protesters who raised slogans and waved banners were members of Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) party.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Superstar Salman Khan has dismissed a legal notice slapped on him and the makers of his up
- Why is Bebo giving a miss to 'Bajrangi Bhaijan' promotions?
- Salman missing 'party days'
- Hema Malini discharged from hospital
- Aamir-A R Rahman teams up for next home production
- Garam Dharam upset with media
- Varun-Shraddha's 'ABCD 2' nearing 100 crore
- Star studded screening for ‘Guddu Rangeela’
- Gaysil Naubert to choreograph
The state's Technical Education and Training Minister Ujjal Biswas said that the student s
Xiaomi the smartphone giant which offers great features at less prices has yet made anothe