- PICS: Prachi Desai doing catwalk7 most popular food mythsSalman-Aishwarya replaced by Ranveer-DeepikaPICS : What makes Yuvi specialPICS : Bollywood's smoking actressesRanbir, Katrina spend night togetherBollywood at Bobby Chawla funeralHT Mumbai\'s most stylish awardBedroom secrets for happy married lifeSachin, Lata falicitated during an event
Cristiano Ronaldo has topped the world's wealthiest player with a fortune of 122 million p
Delhi rape:BJP activists protest outside Sonia Gandhi's residence, detained Last Updated : 21 Apr 2013 02:46:37 PM IST Delhi rape:BJP activists protest outside Sonia Gandhi's residence, detained
Scores of BJP women activists were detained on Sunday when they staged a protest outside Congress president Sonia Gandhi's residence against the rape of a five-year-old girl in Delhi.
The activists of BJP's Mahila Morcha marched from party headquarters on Ashoka Road to Gandhi's 10-Janpath residence.They broke the barricades near Gandhi's residence, but prevented from moving forward.
However, the protesters, numbering around 75, were detained and taken to a nearby police stations.BJP supporters were yesterday stopped by police near the Parliament House when they tried to take out a candlelight march towards India Gate to protest the rape of a five-year-old girl here.
Police had arrested a number of protesters, including Delhi BJP Chief Vijay Goel, but later released them. The five-year-old girl was brutally raped and assaulted allegedly by her neighbour while being held captive and starved for two days in east Delhi's Gandhi Nagar.
She also contracted infection from foreign objects inserted in her body.
After Saturday's protest at the same site, police had erected barricades some distance away from the highly secured house. But the women broke them in a bid to enter it.
Most women were immediately taken away in a bus by police but many others kept raising slogans against the barbaric rape that has shocked the country.
The victim, daughter of a poor labourer, is being treated in a hospital. She is said to be stable. The accused has been arrested.
Protests continued in the capital elsewhere too.
Dozens of people laid siege to the Delhi Police headquarters demanding the sacking of Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar.
Many of the young protesters who raised slogans and waved banners were members of Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) party.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
It seems that Katrina Kaif is going Deepika way. First Deepika's ex-fame Ranbir Kapoor and
- Salman is an important part of my life: Atul
- Itinerary of Top actresses of Bollywood
- Bollywood has gone Sports crazy
- PICS: Prachi Desai doing catwalk
- Khloe K speaks about her vagina on camera
- Salman, Aishwarya replaced by Ranveer, Deepika
- Sonakshi copies boxer Laila Ali’s look in Holiday
- Why is Deepika jealous of Kangana?
To experience a massage with a difference, tourists are flocking to an elephant camp in Th
The much-talked about Nokia Android mobile phone has finally arrived in Indian market.