- South Korean ferry TragedyCricketer Umar Akmal wedding picsShruti Haasan flaunts ample cleavage, view picsBollywood's leading men with new actressesStars at Bombay Velvet wrap-up partySadhna spends time playing cards in clubsRoyals eclipse the SunrisersRevealed: Personal lives of Bollywood kidsHeiress to Reliance empire joins McKinseyPICS : Get to Know Alia Bhatt
David Ferrer produced a major upset at the Monte Carlo Masters as the persistent Spaniard
Delhi rape:BJP activists protest outside Sonia Gandhi's residence, detained Last Updated : 21 Apr 2013 02:46:37 PM IST Delhi rape:BJP activists protest outside Sonia Gandhi's residence, detained
Scores of BJP women activists were detained on Sunday when they staged a protest outside Congress president Sonia Gandhi's residence against the rape of a five-year-old girl in Delhi.
The activists of BJP's Mahila Morcha marched from party headquarters on Ashoka Road to Gandhi's 10-Janpath residence.They broke the barricades near Gandhi's residence, but prevented from moving forward.
However, the protesters, numbering around 75, were detained and taken to a nearby police stations.BJP supporters were yesterday stopped by police near the Parliament House when they tried to take out a candlelight march towards India Gate to protest the rape of a five-year-old girl here.
Police had arrested a number of protesters, including Delhi BJP Chief Vijay Goel, but later released them. The five-year-old girl was brutally raped and assaulted allegedly by her neighbour while being held captive and starved for two days in east Delhi's Gandhi Nagar.
She also contracted infection from foreign objects inserted in her body.
After Saturday's protest at the same site, police had erected barricades some distance away from the highly secured house. But the women broke them in a bid to enter it.
Most women were immediately taken away in a bus by police but many others kept raising slogans against the barbaric rape that has shocked the country.
The victim, daughter of a poor labourer, is being treated in a hospital. She is said to be stable. The accused has been arrested.
Protests continued in the capital elsewhere too.
Dozens of people laid siege to the Delhi Police headquarters demanding the sacking of Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar.
Many of the young protesters who raised slogans and waved banners were members of Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) party.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Subhash Ghai's "Kaanchi " will infuse the patriotism feeling in the Indian youth as this
- Kate Middleton baywatch moments
- Fire breaks out on sets of 'Singham 2'
- Ranbir-Katrina's new love nest!
- Shruti Haasan flaunts ample cleavage, view pics
- Bollywood's leading men with new actresses
- 2 States gets bumper opening, collects Rs 10.9 cr
- OMG! Deepika's bodyguards enter ladies loo
- Stars at Bombay Velvet wrap-up party
The new craze sweeping around the globe is naked yoga in the latest of fitness trends this
Taiwanese technology firm Asus has launched dual SIM tablet Fonepad 7 in India.