- Famous sex scandals of BollywoodThe lucky girl Sunny LeoneDay2 inside Bigg Boss 8, tears, punishments and fightsAbRam is Veena Malik\'s son!18th death anniversary of hot South Indian actress Silk SmithaChitrangada taking selfie from new mobileHrithik Roshan on Deepika Padukone cleavage controversyYouth killed by White Tiger at Delhi ZooOur souls are connected: Katrina Kaif on Ranbir KapoorNeha Dhupia to turn film producer
The Indo-Zimbawbwean combination of Sania Mirza and Cara Black became the fourth pair to
JPC to probe chopper deal Last Updated : 27 Feb 2013 08:56:41 PM IST File photo of India's Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kamal Nath.
A Joint Parliamentary Committee will probe the controversial chopper deal, with the government on Wednesday asserting that there will be "no cover up" as it was determined to go to the root of the scam and give maximum punishment to the guilty.
The setting up of the 30-member JPC was decided through a government motion passed by the Rajya Sabha after a walkout by members of most of Opposition parties like BJP, JD(U), Trinamool Congress, CPI and AGP.
Moving the motion, Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kamal Nath said the JPC would submit its report within three months of its first sitting and rejected the Opposition contention that the decision would amount to putting the issue on the backburner.
He attacked the Opposition for walking out, saying they were "running away".
Joint Parliamentary Committee to probe chopper deal:
Earlier, the House saw a debate during which the opposition accused the government of inaction for over a year into the Rs 3,600 crore deal for 12 helicopters with AgustaWestland which has got into a controversy after allegations that kickbacks to the tune of Rs 362 crore were paid to bag it.
Replying to the debate, Defence Minister A K Antony asserted that there would be no "cover up" and the government was determined to go to the "root of the scam".
Insisting that there was no inaction on his part, he said he ordered the CBI probe as soon as reports came about the arrest of Giuseppe Orsi, CEO of AgustaWestland's parent company Finmeccanica in Italy.
Noting that CBI has filed a Preliminary Enquiry and named 11 individuals, including former Air Chief S P Tyagi, Antony expressed confidence that the probe by the agency along with the one in Italy will bring out the truth.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
The famous sex scandals that have made headlines.
- The lucky girl Sunny Leone
- Day2 inside Bigg Boss 8, tears, punishments and fights
- AbRam is Veena Malik's son!
- 18th death anniversary of hot South Indian actress Silk Smitha
- Chitrangada taking selfie from new mobile
- Hrithik Roshan on Deepika Padukone cleavage controversy
- Our souls are connected: Katrina Kaif on Ranbir Kapoor
- Neha Dhupia to turn film producer
An 21 years-old American Jasmine Tridevil claims that she had plastic surgery to create a
Samsung will be launching its Tizen phones in india soon to boost falling sales.