- See Sunny in naked avtaar!PICS: Suresh and Priyanka are now engagedWhy Deepika's My Choice video may just a publicity stunt?Wow! Urban ants love junk foodSonakshi showing her bare legsAttention! Don't boost kids to 'sip' alcoholMeet sexy Southern hottie Raai Laxmi making her B-Wood debutVirat and Anushka with embarrassing look after WC defeatSonam Kapoor bares her breasts, see picsDelhi\'s all time hit food joints
India's legendary sprinter Milkha Singh on Wednesday said that doping is like cancer and g
JPC to probe chopper deal Last Updated : 27 Feb 2013 08:56:41 PM IST File photo of India's Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kamal Nath.
A Joint Parliamentary Committee will probe the controversial chopper deal, with the government on Wednesday asserting that there will be "no cover up" as it was determined to go to the root of the scam and give maximum punishment to the guilty.
The setting up of the 30-member JPC was decided through a government motion passed by the Rajya Sabha after a walkout by members of most of Opposition parties like BJP, JD(U), Trinamool Congress, CPI and AGP.
Moving the motion, Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kamal Nath said the JPC would submit its report within three months of its first sitting and rejected the Opposition contention that the decision would amount to putting the issue on the backburner.
He attacked the Opposition for walking out, saying they were "running away".
Joint Parliamentary Committee to probe chopper deal:
Earlier, the House saw a debate during which the opposition accused the government of inaction for over a year into the Rs 3,600 crore deal for 12 helicopters with AgustaWestland which has got into a controversy after allegations that kickbacks to the tune of Rs 362 crore were paid to bag it.
Replying to the debate, Defence Minister A K Antony asserted that there would be no "cover up" and the government was determined to go to the "root of the scam".
Insisting that there was no inaction on his part, he said he ordered the CBI probe as soon as reports came about the arrest of Giuseppe Orsi, CEO of AgustaWestland's parent company Finmeccanica in Italy.
Noting that CBI has filed a Preliminary Enquiry and named 11 individuals, including former Air Chief S P Tyagi, Antony expressed confidence that the probe by the agency along with the one in Italy will bring out the truth.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Hold your breath. We are going to show you a very hot pic of Sunny. Have you seen Sunny se
- Why Deepika's My Choice video may just a publicity stunt?
- PICS:Sonakshi showing her bare legs
- Women empowerment more than just sex
- Meet sexy Southern hottie Raai Laxmi making her B-Wood debut
- Sonam Kapoor bares her breasts, see pics
- Watch Video: Sunny Leone in boldest avatar ever
- Hema Malini's daughter Ahana Deol's Baby Shower ceremony
- Sunny's husband Daniel Weber was seen dancing with bikini girls
Some ants on the streets of Manhattan have developed a taste for junk food, offering insig
Google is releasing its cheapest Chromebook laptops yet, two versions priced at USD 149 ai