- SRK reaches children for road safety'Tamasha' collects 38.23 crores in opening weekendI'm not getting married: Preity ZintaKatrina Kaif sports a short hairdoSunny Leone invites Tusshar Kapoor for a one-night standDeepika Padukone wants to try her luck in productionBig B to reunite with Shoojit Sircar for his nextPics: Is there a ray of hope again for the LGBT?Daisy wants to explore moreHathaway flaunts baby bumps
Badminton Association of India (BAI) announced a cash award of Rs 10 lakh for PV Sindhu in
Mercury moves upwards in North India Last Updated : 12 Feb 2013 08:45:04 PM IST File photo related to snowfall in different states of North India.
The cold wave sweeping north India on Tuesday loosened its grip as mercury moved upwards in several places even as the weather office predicted a fresh bout of snowing and rains in the region.
Delhi experienced a pleasant weather with the day temperature settling at 23.4 degrees Celsius even though thick fog in morning disrupted the flight schedule.
"Visibility dropped to below 100 metres at the airport at around 8AM leading to delays in the departure of around 15 flights," airport officials said.
The minimum in the city rose by a notch to touch 9.5 degrees on a sunny day.
Depite a marginal rise in the mercury, cold conditions persisted in mountainous Himachal Pradesh where the MeT office has forecast a fresh spell of snowfall and thunderstorms from February 15 due to a western disturbance.
Mercury moves upwards, weatherman predicts another wet spell:
The mercury rose in upper reaches with the minimum touching -8.4 degrees and -7 degrees at Keylong and Kalpa in Lahaul and Spiti and Kinnaur districts.
The tourist resort of Manali reeled at -0.2 degrees while state capital Shimla recorded a low of 6.1 degrees.
Kashmir Valley got a slight respite from the cold as the minimum temperatures appreciated by a couple of degrees.
Srinagar recorded a low of 0.5 degrees Celsius as compared to -2.1 degrees the previous night while the mercury settled at -8.6 degrees in Gulmarg after rising 1.4 degrees.
Leh and Kargil in Ladakh witnessed a slight increase in night temperatures and recorded lows of -14.1 degrees and -16 degrees respectively.
Cold conditions persisted in Punjab and Haryana with the weather bureau predicting a wet spell later this week.
Hisar in Haryana was the coldest place across the two states recording a minimum of 5 degrees Celsius, four notches below normal, while Karnal experienced a cold night at 6.8, two degrees below normal.
Source:PTI, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Watch comedian Raju Srivastava's new video for 'Swachha Bharat Abhiyaan'.
- SRK reaches children for road safety
- B-town goes gaga over Ranbir-Deepika's in 'Tamasha'
- Akshay-Twinkle's dinner date at Taj
- 'Tamasha' collects 38.23 crores in opening weekend
- I'm not getting married: Preity Zinta
- Katrina Kaif sports a short hairdo
- Sunny Leone invites Tusshar Kapoor for a one-night stand
- Deepika Padukone wants to try her luck in production
Watch a taxi modelling on the ramp,Thailand's contestant will be wearing a tuk-tuk dress
Smartphones and tablets are becoming the preferred choices for Chinese consumers to do onl