- Wedding album of Aishwarya Rai BachchanJukebox of \'The Shaukeens\' audio is out!Morphed photos of Bollywood actresses that caused controversyWhy has Farha Khan upset Saroj KhanLisa Haydon suffering from dengueWhat next for Shweta Basu after caught in a sex racketReview in pics: Super NaniAamir Khan in Bigg Boss 8Shah Rukh\' Khan\'s fans beaten by police in KanpurHrithik Roshan avoids meeting Sussanne
Former Indian tennis legend Vijay Amritraj says Sania Mirza should not have quit playing
Mercury moves upwards in North India Last Updated : 12 Feb 2013 08:45:04 PM IST File photo related to snowfall in different states of North India.
The cold wave sweeping north India on Tuesday loosened its grip as mercury moved upwards in several places even as the weather office predicted a fresh bout of snowing and rains in the region.
Delhi experienced a pleasant weather with the day temperature settling at 23.4 degrees Celsius even though thick fog in morning disrupted the flight schedule.
"Visibility dropped to below 100 metres at the airport at around 8AM leading to delays in the departure of around 15 flights," airport officials said.
The minimum in the city rose by a notch to touch 9.5 degrees on a sunny day.
Depite a marginal rise in the mercury, cold conditions persisted in mountainous Himachal Pradesh where the MeT office has forecast a fresh spell of snowfall and thunderstorms from February 15 due to a western disturbance.
Mercury moves upwards, weatherman predicts another wet spell:
The mercury rose in upper reaches with the minimum touching -8.4 degrees and -7 degrees at Keylong and Kalpa in Lahaul and Spiti and Kinnaur districts.
The tourist resort of Manali reeled at -0.2 degrees while state capital Shimla recorded a low of 6.1 degrees.
Kashmir Valley got a slight respite from the cold as the minimum temperatures appreciated by a couple of degrees.
Srinagar recorded a low of 0.5 degrees Celsius as compared to -2.1 degrees the previous night while the mercury settled at -8.6 degrees in Gulmarg after rising 1.4 degrees.
Leh and Kargil in Ladakh witnessed a slight increase in night temperatures and recorded lows of -14.1 degrees and -16 degrees respectively.
Cold conditions persisted in Punjab and Haryana with the weather bureau predicting a wet spell later this week.
Hisar in Haryana was the coldest place across the two states recording a minimum of 5 degrees Celsius, four notches below normal, while Karnal experienced a cold night at 6.8, two degrees below normal.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Singer-songwriter Bob Dylan will release a covers album titled Shadows in the Night next
- Bruce Willis, Bill Murray to star in 'Magic City'
- 'Single again' Hrithik is ready to 'mingle'!
- Sussanne celebrates Halloween with kids
- 'Happy Ending' is a spoof on Bollywood: Kalki
- What make Aishwarya stay awake all night?
- Birthday Special: Aish's most gorgeous seflies
- Lisa Haydon skipped 'The Shaukeens' promotions
- Lisa Haydon suffering from dengue
Not only in Delhi, street harassment and eve-teasing incidents are also common in New York
Handset maker Lava Friday launched a new series of Iris smartphones under the 'Fuel' brand