- Vidya-Emraan fabulous in ‘Hamari Adhuri Kahani\'Filmfare Awards 2015:Kangana gets best actressMy feelings for Upen were realRekha,Katrina shoot for \'Fitoor\' in KashmirForget liplock, I won\'t marry Diandra ,says Gautam GulatiGautam Gulati wins \'Bigg Boss Halla Bol\'Chillai Kalan ends in KashmirAmrita Arora Style Diva of Dilli Ki SardiBollywood\'s dimpled beauty Preity Zinta turns 39Vidya Balan as Benazir Bhutto in her next release
Prime Minister Narendra Modi congratulated Leander Paes on Sunday for winning Australian
Mercury moves upwards in North India Last Updated : 12 Feb 2013 08:45:04 PM IST File photo related to snowfall in different states of North India.
The cold wave sweeping north India on Tuesday loosened its grip as mercury moved upwards in several places even as the weather office predicted a fresh bout of snowing and rains in the region.
Delhi experienced a pleasant weather with the day temperature settling at 23.4 degrees Celsius even though thick fog in morning disrupted the flight schedule.
"Visibility dropped to below 100 metres at the airport at around 8AM leading to delays in the departure of around 15 flights," airport officials said.
The minimum in the city rose by a notch to touch 9.5 degrees on a sunny day.
Depite a marginal rise in the mercury, cold conditions persisted in mountainous Himachal Pradesh where the MeT office has forecast a fresh spell of snowfall and thunderstorms from February 15 due to a western disturbance.
Mercury moves upwards, weatherman predicts another wet spell:
The mercury rose in upper reaches with the minimum touching -8.4 degrees and -7 degrees at Keylong and Kalpa in Lahaul and Spiti and Kinnaur districts.
The tourist resort of Manali reeled at -0.2 degrees while state capital Shimla recorded a low of 6.1 degrees.
Kashmir Valley got a slight respite from the cold as the minimum temperatures appreciated by a couple of degrees.
Srinagar recorded a low of 0.5 degrees Celsius as compared to -2.1 degrees the previous night while the mercury settled at -8.6 degrees in Gulmarg after rising 1.4 degrees.
Leh and Kargil in Ladakh witnessed a slight increase in night temperatures and recorded lows of -14.1 degrees and -16 degrees respectively.
Cold conditions persisted in Punjab and Haryana with the weather bureau predicting a wet spell later this week.
Hisar in Haryana was the coldest place across the two states recording a minimum of 5 degrees Celsius, four notches below normal, while Karnal experienced a cold night at 6.8, two degrees below normal.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Mahesh Bhatt, who has written 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani', the upcoming love story from his pro
- Filmfare Awards 2015:Kangana gets best actress
- My feelings for Upen were real
- Rekha,Katrina shoot for 'Fitoor' in Kashmir
- Forget liplock, I won't marry Diandra ,says Gautam Gulati
- Gautam Gulati wins 'Bigg Boss Halla Bol'
- Amrita Arora Style Diva of Dilli Ki Sardi
- Bollywood's dimpled beauty Preity Zinta turns 39
- Vidya Balan as Benazir Bhutto in her next release
Thousands of live cats destined "for consumption" have been seized in Hanoi.
test ad galery 3