- Andamans gets a leg-up to showcase heritageFIRST LOOK: Varun, Alia in 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania'Care for your hair in simple steps this summer!Uttarakhand turns to trekking to boost tourist footfalls'DDLJ' is Bollywood's most evergreen love story: SurveySteps to buy sunglassesGo the foreign way while munching French friesBaaghi collects 35 crores in opening weekendBipasha shares her 'monkey wedding' picsBig B gets inspiration from fans' love
FIFA's acting secretary general, the German-Swiss Markus Kattner, was dismissed with immed
Mercury moves upwards in North India Last Updated : 12 Feb 2013 08:45:04 PM IST File photo related to snowfall in different states of North India.
The cold wave sweeping north India on Tuesday loosened its grip as mercury moved upwards in several places even as the weather office predicted a fresh bout of snowing and rains in the region.
Delhi experienced a pleasant weather with the day temperature settling at 23.4 degrees Celsius even though thick fog in morning disrupted the flight schedule.
"Visibility dropped to below 100 metres at the airport at around 8AM leading to delays in the departure of around 15 flights," airport officials said.
The minimum in the city rose by a notch to touch 9.5 degrees on a sunny day.
Depite a marginal rise in the mercury, cold conditions persisted in mountainous Himachal Pradesh where the MeT office has forecast a fresh spell of snowfall and thunderstorms from February 15 due to a western disturbance.
Mercury moves upwards, weatherman predicts another wet spell:
The mercury rose in upper reaches with the minimum touching -8.4 degrees and -7 degrees at Keylong and Kalpa in Lahaul and Spiti and Kinnaur districts.
The tourist resort of Manali reeled at -0.2 degrees while state capital Shimla recorded a low of 6.1 degrees.
Kashmir Valley got a slight respite from the cold as the minimum temperatures appreciated by a couple of degrees.
Srinagar recorded a low of 0.5 degrees Celsius as compared to -2.1 degrees the previous night while the mercury settled at -8.6 degrees in Gulmarg after rising 1.4 degrees.
Leh and Kargil in Ladakh witnessed a slight increase in night temperatures and recorded lows of -14.1 degrees and -16 degrees respectively.
Cold conditions persisted in Punjab and Haryana with the weather bureau predicting a wet spell later this week.
Hisar in Haryana was the coldest place across the two states recording a minimum of 5 degrees Celsius, four notches below normal, while Karnal experienced a cold night at 6.8, two degrees below normal.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood superstar Aamir Khan and veteran British actor Ian McKellen discussed the work a
- This is how Ranbir will seduce Aishwarya in Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- Yes, Virat Kohli and Anushka are back
- See Sofia Hayat before she became a nun
- Media has dishonoured Iulia: Salman
- Sushmita celebrates 22 years of her Miss Universe win
- Kangana Ranaut attends VERO MODA store launch, unveils new line
- Ayushmann tries Chaplin-inspired look for 'Meri Pyaari Bindu'
- Big B 'nervous' about singing in 'TE3N'
While playing with your pooch at home helps evoke love and compassion in you, researchers
The 'World's Ugliest Dog' won a Hero Award for helping people with disabilities
Bones of ancient, extinct species of bison uncovered
Hundreds witness Mercury transit in Delhi, scientists in Srinagar disappointed
Leading astronomers to see 'Transit of Mercury' from Srinagar
Video: Man showed private parts in bus beaten by women
Chinese smartphone manufacturer Coolpad on Friday launched a new smartphone that comes wit