- Ameesha Patel bids adieu to GaneshaThese stars were threatened by underworldBig B visits Lalbagh cha Raja with Aishwarya, AbhishekSushmita Sen's fab body secretsDiana\'s 10 million pound gift to Prince HarryRanbir Kapoor's new passionShah Rukh Khan seeks privacy for AbRamAnushka Sharma romances Sidharth MalhotraHrithik celebrates Ganesh VisarjanB-Town spares Katrina because of Salman
Liverpool's speedy attacking unit produced a 3-0 victory at Tottenham though Mario Balote
Mercury moves upwards in North India Last Updated : 12 Feb 2013 08:45:04 PM IST File photo related to snowfall in different states of North India.
The cold wave sweeping north India on Tuesday loosened its grip as mercury moved upwards in several places even as the weather office predicted a fresh bout of snowing and rains in the region.
Delhi experienced a pleasant weather with the day temperature settling at 23.4 degrees Celsius even though thick fog in morning disrupted the flight schedule.
"Visibility dropped to below 100 metres at the airport at around 8AM leading to delays in the departure of around 15 flights," airport officials said.
The minimum in the city rose by a notch to touch 9.5 degrees on a sunny day.
Depite a marginal rise in the mercury, cold conditions persisted in mountainous Himachal Pradesh where the MeT office has forecast a fresh spell of snowfall and thunderstorms from February 15 due to a western disturbance.
Mercury moves upwards, weatherman predicts another wet spell:
The mercury rose in upper reaches with the minimum touching -8.4 degrees and -7 degrees at Keylong and Kalpa in Lahaul and Spiti and Kinnaur districts.
The tourist resort of Manali reeled at -0.2 degrees while state capital Shimla recorded a low of 6.1 degrees.
Kashmir Valley got a slight respite from the cold as the minimum temperatures appreciated by a couple of degrees.
Srinagar recorded a low of 0.5 degrees Celsius as compared to -2.1 degrees the previous night while the mercury settled at -8.6 degrees in Gulmarg after rising 1.4 degrees.
Leh and Kargil in Ladakh witnessed a slight increase in night temperatures and recorded lows of -14.1 degrees and -16 degrees respectively.
Cold conditions persisted in Punjab and Haryana with the weather bureau predicting a wet spell later this week.
Hisar in Haryana was the coldest place across the two states recording a minimum of 5 degrees Celsius, four notches below normal, while Karnal experienced a cold night at 6.8, two degrees below normal.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Rocker Bruce Springsteen is all set to publish an illustrated cowboy story for youngsters
- Ameesha Patel bids adieu to Ganesha
- These stars were threatened by underworld
- Big B visits Lalbagh cha Raja with Aishwarya, Abhishek
- After threat, Boman Irani gets police protection
- Unwell Amitabh Bachchan cancels film shoot
- Sushmita Sen's fab body secrets
- 'Mary Kom' goes tax free in Uttar Pradesh
- Ranbir Kapoor's new passion
A five year old boy found that his mother is pregnant, his reaction was What ..What were
With rumors of an imminent launch early next month, let's show you how the iPhone 6 will l