- PICS: Jaguar XE sedanlaunch on Sept 8Sanjay Dutt\'s love affairs and controversiesJohnny Walker- From Bus conductor to King of ComedySanjay Dutt's memorable rolesPhotos:Saddam Hussein\'s PalacesYo Yo Honey Singh's sexy selfie with Kareena KapoorHrithik Roshan watches film with sonsIn PICS: Govinda's daughter is a head-turnerMeet Sonam\'s prince charming in 'Khoobsurat'Eid Al-Fitr 2014: Muslims Celebrate End Of Ramadan
Writhing in pain, young Vikas Thakur produced the lift of his lifetime to clinch the bron
Mercury moves upwards in North India Last Updated : 12 Feb 2013 08:45:04 PM IST File photo related to snowfall in different states of North India.
The cold wave sweeping north India on Tuesday loosened its grip as mercury moved upwards in several places even as the weather office predicted a fresh bout of snowing and rains in the region.
Delhi experienced a pleasant weather with the day temperature settling at 23.4 degrees Celsius even though thick fog in morning disrupted the flight schedule.
"Visibility dropped to below 100 metres at the airport at around 8AM leading to delays in the departure of around 15 flights," airport officials said.
The minimum in the city rose by a notch to touch 9.5 degrees on a sunny day.
Depite a marginal rise in the mercury, cold conditions persisted in mountainous Himachal Pradesh where the MeT office has forecast a fresh spell of snowfall and thunderstorms from February 15 due to a western disturbance.
Mercury moves upwards, weatherman predicts another wet spell:
The mercury rose in upper reaches with the minimum touching -8.4 degrees and -7 degrees at Keylong and Kalpa in Lahaul and Spiti and Kinnaur districts.
The tourist resort of Manali reeled at -0.2 degrees while state capital Shimla recorded a low of 6.1 degrees.
Kashmir Valley got a slight respite from the cold as the minimum temperatures appreciated by a couple of degrees.
Srinagar recorded a low of 0.5 degrees Celsius as compared to -2.1 degrees the previous night while the mercury settled at -8.6 degrees in Gulmarg after rising 1.4 degrees.
Leh and Kargil in Ladakh witnessed a slight increase in night temperatures and recorded lows of -14.1 degrees and -16 degrees respectively.
Cold conditions persisted in Punjab and Haryana with the weather bureau predicting a wet spell later this week.
Hisar in Haryana was the coldest place across the two states recording a minimum of 5 degrees Celsius, four notches below normal, while Karnal experienced a cold night at 6.8, two degrees below normal.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt had a tumultous life from drugs to alleged connection with the
- Johnny Walker- From Bus conductor to King of Comedy
- Sanjay Dutt's memorable roles
- Yo Yo Honey Singh's sexy selfie with Kareena Kapoor
- Hrithik Roshan watches film with sons
- In PICS: Govinda's daughter is a head-turner
- 'Finding Fanny' to release 17 days early
- Vivek Oberoi to star in 'Bank Chor'
- Meet Sonam's prince charming in 'Khoobsurat'
With a string of harrowing incidents that have left the nation enraged, parents have been
Handset maker Oplus Technologies has launched its smartphone, XonPhone 5 in the Indian mar