- Pamela to launch photo bookWhy Karan Johar's loss will be YRF's gain?No, Sunny Leone-Daniel Weber not kicked out of their house!Kim Kardashian fires back on criticsSee what fun the cast of Dil Dhadkne Do has at Comedy Nights with KapilVideo+PICS: Aguilera mocked on Miley, Britney, ShakiraTanu Weds Manu Returns is a must watch movie, and here are the reasonsWas Aishwarya Rai uncomfortable in this gown at Cannes 2015?Akshay Kumar to launch his clothing lineVote for Aishwarya\'s best gown in cannes 2015
The president of Italy's amateur footall federation, Felice Belloli, was sacked from his p
Afzal Guru buried in Tihar Jail Last Updated : 09 Feb 2013 12:00:07 PM IST Afzal Guru to be buried in Tihar Jail
Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru, who was hanged on Saturday morning at Tihar Jail, was buried inside the prison complex soon after his execution as was done in the case of Kasab who was buried in Pune's Yerwada jail soon after his execution.
"He (Guru) was buried near jail number three," a top Tihar Jail official told Guru spent over 10 years years on death row in the
Tihar prison and was hanged at the jail at 8 AM in an operation shrouded in secrecy.
The mercy plea of 43-year-old Guru, who was sentenced to death in 2002 by a special court and later upheld by the Supreme Court in 2005, was rejected by President Pranab Mukherjee a few days back, Rashtrapati Bhavan spokesperson Venu Rajamony said.
The body of Guru was buried in Tihar Jail itself as it was done in the case of Pakistani terrorist Ajmal Kasab, who was buried in Pune's Yerwada jail soon after his execution. Union Home Secretary R K Singh said President Pranab Mukherjee had rejected the mercy petition of Afzal Guru on February 3.
On December 13, 2001, five heavily-armed gunmen stormed the Parliament complex and opened indiscriminate fire, killing nine persons.
After 12 years of the Parliament attack, Jaish-e-Mohammad terrorist Afzal Guru has been hanged at the Tihar Jail on Saturday after his mercy petition was rejected by the President of India, Pranab Mukherjee.
Afzal belonged to the Sopore in Baramulla district of Jammu and Kashmir and he was pursuing his MBBS and was preparing for IAS exams and was doing a commission agency business after,it was during this business venture that he came into contact with Tariq of Anantanag , who motivated him to join Jihad for liberation of Kashmir
Afzal was arrested for being providing logistic support to the 'fidayeens' in New Delhi for carrying out terror attacks on government symbols like Parliament and embassies. Afzal Guru had felicitated attacks on The Parliament – India’s pride and dignity.
Afzal Guru, a Kashmiri Muslim, had been on death row for nearly eight years. Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has repeatedly stressed that his execution could have serious repercussions in his state.
Afzal Guru was sentenced to death in 2004 by the Supreme Court for his role in the attack on Parliament in 2001. Five terrorists drove into the Parliament complex and opened fire. They were shot. Nine others people were killed, most of them security guards
President Pranab Mukherjee had rejected the mercy petition of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru on February 3, leading to his hanging today, Union Home Secretary R K Singh said today.
"The President rejected Afzal Guru's mercy petition on February 3 and after that we followed the jail manual and his
hanging took place today," he told reporters here.
Asked about Afzal's burial, the Home Secretary said "we will follow the jail manual and act according to the law".
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Former "Baywatch" actress Pamela Anderson is all set to release her new photo and prose bo
- Why Karan Johar's loss will be YRF's gain?
- No, Sunny Leone-Daniel Weber not kicked out of their house!
- SRK discharged from hospital after knee surgery
- PICS:Kim Kardashian fires back on critics
- See what fun the cast of Dil Dhadkne Do has at Comedy Nights with Kapil
- Video+PICS: Aguilera mocked on Miley, Britney, Shakira
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns is a must watch movie, and here are the reasons
- OMG! Salman Khan's Dubsmash with Sonakshi is hilarious
In an unprecedented move, a woman here has placed a matrimonial advertisement in a newspap
Indian conglomerate Essar Group today said it is no longer interested in buying Nokia's Ch