- 'Rangoon': An impressively immersive filmMahashivaratri Wallpapers and Facebook imagesDeepika denies doing remake of 'Mr & Mrs. Smith'This is what Kareena expects from RangoonPics: Mahashivaratri,TV celebs on how Lord Shiva inspires themMovie review: little Sunny completely overshadows Dev Patel in 'Lion'Many Controversies of Sofia HayatWhy Akhil Akkineni's destination wedding called offAnushka to connect with fans via WhatsApp for 'Phillauri'How to look gorgeous beyond 30s
Elite Kenyan runners competing at the Tokyo marathon on Sunday will be targeting two bir
Afzal Guru buried in Tihar Jail Last Updated : 09 Feb 2013 12:00:07 PM IST Afzal Guru to be buried in Tihar Jail
Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru, who was hanged on Saturday morning at Tihar Jail, was buried inside the prison complex soon after his execution as was done in the case of Kasab who was buried in Pune's Yerwada jail soon after his execution.
"He (Guru) was buried near jail number three," a top Tihar Jail official told Guru spent over 10 years years on death row in the
Tihar prison and was hanged at the jail at 8 AM in an operation shrouded in secrecy.
The mercy plea of 43-year-old Guru, who was sentenced to death in 2002 by a special court and later upheld by the Supreme Court in 2005, was rejected by President Pranab Mukherjee a few days back, Rashtrapati Bhavan spokesperson Venu Rajamony said.
The body of Guru was buried in Tihar Jail itself as it was done in the case of Pakistani terrorist Ajmal Kasab, who was buried in Pune's Yerwada jail soon after his execution. Union Home Secretary R K Singh said President Pranab Mukherjee had rejected the mercy petition of Afzal Guru on February 3.
On December 13, 2001, five heavily-armed gunmen stormed the Parliament complex and opened indiscriminate fire, killing nine persons.
After 12 years of the Parliament attack, Jaish-e-Mohammad terrorist Afzal Guru has been hanged at the Tihar Jail on Saturday after his mercy petition was rejected by the President of India, Pranab Mukherjee.
Afzal belonged to the Sopore in Baramulla district of Jammu and Kashmir and he was pursuing his MBBS and was preparing for IAS exams and was doing a commission agency business after,it was during this business venture that he came into contact with Tariq of Anantanag , who motivated him to join Jihad for liberation of Kashmir
Afzal was arrested for being providing logistic support to the 'fidayeens' in New Delhi for carrying out terror attacks on government symbols like Parliament and embassies. Afzal Guru had felicitated attacks on The Parliament – India’s pride and dignity.
Afzal Guru, a Kashmiri Muslim, had been on death row for nearly eight years. Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has repeatedly stressed that his execution could have serious repercussions in his state.
Afzal Guru was sentenced to death in 2004 by the Supreme Court for his role in the attack on Parliament in 2001. Five terrorists drove into the Parliament complex and opened fire. They were shot. Nine others people were killed, most of them security guards
President Pranab Mukherjee had rejected the mercy petition of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru on February 3, leading to his hanging today, Union Home Secretary R K Singh said today.
"The President rejected Afzal Guru's mercy petition on February 3 and after that we followed the jail manual and his
hanging took place today," he told reporters here.
Asked about Afzal's burial, the Home Secretary said "we will follow the jail manual and act according to the law".loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Mona Darling is a horror-thriller set in the contemporary, post-cyber world. And the titul
- 'Rangoon': An impressively immersive film
- Wanted to connect with youth through 'Roadies': Harbhajan Singh
- Bhansali truly makes an artiste out of me: Priyanka Chopra
- Rishi Kapoor wants 'Rendezvous With Simi Garewal' back on TV
- Celebs pray for peace, love on Mahashivaratri
- Big B turns down invitation by Queen Elizabeth II
- Deepika denies doing remake of 'Mr & Mrs. Smith'
- This is what Kareena expects from 'Rangoon'
It is not the brain that determines whether a person is a lefty or a righty, but the spina
Emphasising on building a gaming ecosystem in India, printing and personal computer major