- People stop taking calls if you deliver a flop: Abhishek BachchanChinkara poaching case: Salman thanks fans for prayers, supportAkshay had a ball shooting cameo for 'Dishoom'Iulia Vantur celebrated birthday with Salman KhanICW 2016: Rohit Bal adds Russian touch to India fashionB-Town hails Salman's acquittal in poaching casesKangana turns Mughal empress for at the FDCI India Couture Week 2016Why not: Kangana on getting married more than once'Madaari': A heartbreaking wake-up callVijay Raaz did 'Mission Tiger' for free
Assuring "all possible help" to the Indian contingent at the Rio Olympic Games 2016, sched
Modi made Gujarat bleed :Shakeel Ahmed Last Updated : 07 Feb 2013 11:09:01 AM IST Modi made Gujarat bleed :Shakeel Ahmed
AICC general secretary Shakeel Ahmed attacked Gujarat Chief minister Narendra Modi saying " Entire nation has tasted Gujarat salt but Modi made Gujarat bleed even after having its salt ".
On Twitter , Shakeel Ahmed said " Modi says 'Gujrat Ka Namak sab ney Khaya hai' Prantu Namak kha ker bhi Modi ney Gujrat ka hi khoon bahaya hai."
The Gujarat Chief Minister used a college platform to project himself nationally saying his focus was on development politics and not that of vote-bank, which he said has "ruined" the nation.
In his speech to SRCC students, Mr. Modi said Gujarat products like milk, tomatoes and salt had captured markets across the country and elsewhere in Asia, and that this was proof that the State had pioneered successful business models.
Ahmed targets Advani
Recently,Senior Congress leader Shakeel Ahmed has invited unwanted controversy by targetting senior BJP leader LK Advani.
Addressing a public rally in Sikar on Sunday, Shakeel Ahmed called Advani a Pakistani national and said that he came to India to become prime minister.
"Pakistan born Advani's intention was not to seve Hindus but he wanted to become Prime Minister of India," Ahmed said in his speech, which invited strong reaction from the saffron party.
Modi indirectly praised Congress : Rashid Alvi
Congress sought to counter Narendra Modi's pitch for development politics, saying the Gujarat Chief Minister has indirectly praised developments that took place due to the party's governance policies.
"From being dubbed a country of snake charmers to become a country of 'mouse charmers', the credit goes to the Congress party," Congress spokesman Rashid Alvi told reporters recalling that India is now ahead in the field of computer science because of the efforts of Rajiv Gandhi.
It was the dream of the late Prime Minister to take the country to the 21st century, he said.
Manish Tiwari questions Modi for not giving reference to 2002 riots
Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari also questioned Gujarat Chief minister Narendra Modiin the state and alleged his speech here was aimed at generally trying to "mislead" the people.
"Well, the Chief minister of Gujarat made a reference to a cliche called P2 and G2 when he was referring to Gujarat model of development. P2 essentially stands for platitudes personified - patting oneself on the back when one has no achievements to account for," Tewari told reporters.
"G 2 would mean Geo global. I am surprised the Chief Minister of Gujarat in his entire speech made no reference of Gujarat pogrom which continues to be a blot and stain on the fair name of the state," he said.
Tewari said the Gujarat Chief Minister had not said anything to "atone" for the incidents which had happened during his tenure.
Tewari said Modi had forgotten to mention that even interms of Human Development Indices, there were other states which were ahead of Gujarat.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Grammy Award winning singer Justin Bieber is shocked by the string of celebrity deaths thi
- Anupam Kher's 'The Headhunter's Calling' to premiere at TIFF
- Shannen Doherty opens up about cancer battle
- 'Game of Thrones' to end with eighth season
- Nayanthara's next to address water scarcity problems
- Ajith's next will feature three heroines
- Sunny Deol my most favourite: Preity Zinta
- Clothes on ramps should be for all sizes: Divya
- Beyonce praised for empowering people through music
The lightning scar of Harry Potter is the most recognisable symbol of the character from t
Route Mobile Limited, a messaging and voice API company, on Thursday announced it has acqu