- Nargis Fakhri romancing India with selfieIndia launches its biggest rocketPICS: Prasoon Joshi pens poem on Peshawar massacreMeet Mr Praveen Mast the real 'PK'Leone calls Salman her godfatherThe Lunchbox named best film in TorontoHow Malala Yousafzai was sot dead:See in picsShocking pictures of Peshawar school attackFarha to replace Salman in 'Bigg Boss 8'Exclusive coffee table book for 'Kick' fans
Boxer Sarita Devi, who had refused to accept her Asian Games bronze medal, was on Wednesda
Police complaint filed against Praveen Togadia for hate speech Last Updated : 06 Feb 2013 12:31:26 PM IST Police complaint filed against Praveen Togadia for hate speech
A complaint has been filed against Vishwa Hindu Parishad Vice President Praveen Togadia in Hyderabad after clippings of his speech went viral on social networking sites.
The video in question is from a speech Togadia made on 22 January in a place called Bhokar in Nanded district of Maharashtra, 25 km from the Andhra Pradesh border.
OnJanuary 22 at a public meeting at Bhokar town in Nanded district of Maharashtra, Dr. Togadia attacked Owaisi in particular and Muslims in general.But Police will verify the authencity of the speech uploaded on youTube and seek legal opinion on matters of jurisdiction .
Earlier,Akbaruddin Owaisi of the Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) MLA landed in jail on charges of delivering a hate speech at Nirmal town in Adilabad district of Andhra Pradesh.
The clippings showed Dr. Togadia thundering about what happened in Nelli (Assam), Bhagalpur (Bihar) and in Gujarat, where the police stood aside as Muslims were massacred. “Ours is not a religion of cowards,” Dr. Togadia said, “but of Goddess Bhavani, who always has weapons in her hands.”
But Togadia to the media said that he did not mentioned any particular community or threatened violence and that he was just giving historical references
“Remember Nellie in Assam, where the police was removed. Over 3000 people died, not one of them was a Hindu. Remember Bhagalpur, where the police was removed, so many people died that it was difficult to count, not one of them was a Hindu. Dead bodies flew into the sea. Remember Meerut, Moradabad, Gujarat,” Togadia is heard saying in the speech, to cheers from the audience.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Nargis Fakhri at the Lodhi Tomb in New Delhi to launch the Microsoft Lumia 535 cam
- Meet Mr Praveen Mast the real 'PK'
- Leone calls Salman her godfather
- PICS: Toronto Film Critics name The Lunchbox as best film
- I am ready for performance-oriented films: Sonakshi Sinha
- Big B is the king of Twitter: report
- Farha to replace Salman in 'Bigg Boss 8'
- Exclusive coffee table book for 'Kick' fans
- First official poster 'Roy' revealed
Eight coffins from Qing Dynasty (1636-1912) imperial figures, including Emperor Qianlong
Homegrown handset maker Lava on Tuesday launched a new smartphone -- Iris Fuel 60 -- offer