- Ten best dressed starsWedding album of Aishwarya Rai BachchanJukebox of \'The Shaukeens\' audio is out!Morphed photos of Bollywood actresses that caused controversyWhy has Farha Khan upset Saroj KhanLisa Haydon suffering from dengueWhat next for Shweta Basu after caught in a sex racketReview in pics: Super NaniAamir Khan in Bigg Boss 8Shah Rukh\' Khan\'s fans beaten by police in Kanpur
Roger Federer kept up his hopes of finishing the year as world number one when he downed
Police complaint filed against Praveen Togadia for hate speech Last Updated : 06 Feb 2013 12:31:26 PM IST Police complaint filed against Praveen Togadia for hate speech
A complaint has been filed against Vishwa Hindu Parishad Vice President Praveen Togadia in Hyderabad after clippings of his speech went viral on social networking sites.
The video in question is from a speech Togadia made on 22 January in a place called Bhokar in Nanded district of Maharashtra, 25 km from the Andhra Pradesh border.
OnJanuary 22 at a public meeting at Bhokar town in Nanded district of Maharashtra, Dr. Togadia attacked Owaisi in particular and Muslims in general.But Police will verify the authencity of the speech uploaded on youTube and seek legal opinion on matters of jurisdiction .
Earlier,Akbaruddin Owaisi of the Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) MLA landed in jail on charges of delivering a hate speech at Nirmal town in Adilabad district of Andhra Pradesh.
The clippings showed Dr. Togadia thundering about what happened in Nelli (Assam), Bhagalpur (Bihar) and in Gujarat, where the police stood aside as Muslims were massacred. “Ours is not a religion of cowards,” Dr. Togadia said, “but of Goddess Bhavani, who always has weapons in her hands.”
But Togadia to the media said that he did not mentioned any particular community or threatened violence and that he was just giving historical references
“Remember Nellie in Assam, where the police was removed. Over 3000 people died, not one of them was a Hindu. Remember Bhagalpur, where the police was removed, so many people died that it was difficult to count, not one of them was a Hindu. Dead bodies flew into the sea. Remember Meerut, Moradabad, Gujarat,” Togadia is heard saying in the speech, to cheers from the audience.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Until about a couple of decades ago, few stars in the Hindi film industry made statements
- Wedding album of Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- New poster of 'Rang Rasiya' out now
- Jukebox of 'The Shaukeens' audio is out!
- Morphed photos of Bollywood actresses that caused controversy
- Why has Farha Khan upset Saroj Khan
- Lisa Haydon suffering from dengue
- Paltrow praised estranged husband
- What next for Shweta Basu after caught in a sex racket
It is always a subject of debate whether Unidentified Flying Objects (UFO) does exist or n
Handset maker Lava Friday launched a new series of Iris smartphones under the 'Fuel' brand