- PHOTOS: Stars graced Shirin Morani-Uday Singh Wedding ReceptionOMG! Ranveer says 'I Love You' to Deepika, smooches KJo in publicWomen-centric films in 2014What PK’s success meansAlia Bhatt was kissing queen in 2014International debut for Sid Mallya?Salman, Deepika new lovers in town?Kim Kardashian's hot looks in 2014Writers\' Building ready for restorationWhen Mallika Sherawat seduces Om Puri, view pics
Boxer Sarita Devi, who had refused to accept her Asian Games bronze medal, was on Wednesda
Police complaint filed against Praveen Togadia for hate speech Last Updated : 06 Feb 2013 12:31:26 PM IST Police complaint filed against Praveen Togadia for hate speech
A complaint has been filed against Vishwa Hindu Parishad Vice President Praveen Togadia in Hyderabad after clippings of his speech went viral on social networking sites.
The video in question is from a speech Togadia made on 22 January in a place called Bhokar in Nanded district of Maharashtra, 25 km from the Andhra Pradesh border.
OnJanuary 22 at a public meeting at Bhokar town in Nanded district of Maharashtra, Dr. Togadia attacked Owaisi in particular and Muslims in general.But Police will verify the authencity of the speech uploaded on youTube and seek legal opinion on matters of jurisdiction .
Earlier,Akbaruddin Owaisi of the Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) MLA landed in jail on charges of delivering a hate speech at Nirmal town in Adilabad district of Andhra Pradesh.
The clippings showed Dr. Togadia thundering about what happened in Nelli (Assam), Bhagalpur (Bihar) and in Gujarat, where the police stood aside as Muslims were massacred. “Ours is not a religion of cowards,” Dr. Togadia said, “but of Goddess Bhavani, who always has weapons in her hands.”
But Togadia to the media said that he did not mentioned any particular community or threatened violence and that he was just giving historical references
“Remember Nellie in Assam, where the police was removed. Over 3000 people died, not one of them was a Hindu. Remember Bhagalpur, where the police was removed, so many people died that it was difficult to count, not one of them was a Hindu. Dead bodies flew into the sea. Remember Meerut, Moradabad, Gujarat,” Togadia is heard saying in the speech, to cheers from the audience.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Shah Rukh Khan-starrer 'Happy New Year' is just a click away for fans outside India and Ch
- PHOTOS: Stars graced Shirin Morani-Uday Singh Wedding Reception
- First Look: Big B overshadows Dhanush in Shamitabh
- OMG! Ranveer says 'I Love You' to Deepika, smooches KJo in public
- Women-centric films in 2014
- What PK’s success means
- Alia Bhatt was kissing queen in 2014
- International debut for Sid Mallya?
- Salman, Deepika new lovers in town?
Eight coffins from Qing Dynasty (1636-1912) imperial figures, including Emperor Qianlong
India will surpass the US as the second largest market for smartphones globally by 2016.