- Pics: B-Town celebrates P.V. Sindhu's Olympic win'Happy Bhag Jayegi': A light-hearted, feel-good filmCelebrities hail Sakshi Malik's Olympic winPink is not a film about rape, says Amitabh BachchanOn Rakhi, TV actors recount memories with 'partners in crime'B-Town celebs wish Navroz Mubarak to ParsisBritish-era bunker unearthed in Raj BhavanLeaked: Sex Scenes from award winning film 'Parched'Entertainment Being an actress, I can be anybody: Priyanka ChopraCheck out Salman's 'Tubelight' first look
Northern Ireland on Wednesday announced a 23-member football squad for the World Cup quali
Rahul Gandhi appointed Congress vice-president Last Updated : 19 Jan 2013 09:20:51 PM IST File photo of Rahul Gandhi.
Rahul Gandhi was formally elevated to the number two position in the Congress party on Saturday after being appointed its vice-president, but his role in the 2014 Lok Sabha polls would be decided later.
The anointment of the 42-year-old leader nine years after he entered politics was formalised at the meeting of the party's highest policy making body, the Congress working committee (CWC), which unanimously adopted a resolution for this moved by defence minister AK Antony.
The decision ends prolonged speculation about a bigger role for Rahul, so far one of the 11 general secretaries of the Congress. The speculation focussed on the possibility of his being made working president or secretary general of the party.
Rahul Gandhi gets bigger role in Congress, appointed party vice-president:
It was clear that the party has stopped short of naming Rahul either as its face in the 2014 polls or as its prime ministerial candidate, obviously, giving itself time to see how the political scenario pans out in the run up to the polls.
Janardhan Dwivedi, chief spokesperson of the party, who made the much-awaited announcement, told reporters as to what will be Rahul's role in the next election or whether he will lead the election campaign will be decided later.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Tiger Shroff is the light of this light-hearted take on super-heroism.
- Christoph Waltz in James Cameron's film?
- Atif Aslam won't perform in Gurgaon
- B-town stars greet fans on Janmashtami
- Ariana Grande sued for copyright infringement
- Shraddha, Sushant walks for at Malhotra at LFW
- Britney Spears biopic coming to TV soon
- Bollywood wishes Happy Janmashtami
- 'Remo' director to reunite with film's makers
The world's largest natural pearl will be put on display in the Philippines soon, after th
If you are in awe of those early morning queues outside Apple Stores globally, hang on. Fr