- Why not: Kangana on getting married more than once'Madaari': A heartbreaking wake-up callVijay Raaz did 'Mission Tiger' for freeYami Gautam flaunts bridal avatar at ICW 2016Did Sunny Leone actually sing the National Anthem incorrectly?Anamika's collection impresses fashionistas at ICW 2016'Kabali' fails to live up to hypeMy father cut me off when I was 18: Sonam KapoorKabali may topple Sultan's 300 crore plan5 irresistible reasons to watch Kabali
Dutee Chand is sprinting hard and she has her aim set -- the coveted gold medal at the Rio
Rahul Gandhi appointed Congress vice-president Last Updated : 19 Jan 2013 09:20:51 PM IST File photo of Rahul Gandhi.
Rahul Gandhi was formally elevated to the number two position in the Congress party on Saturday after being appointed its vice-president, but his role in the 2014 Lok Sabha polls would be decided later.
The anointment of the 42-year-old leader nine years after he entered politics was formalised at the meeting of the party's highest policy making body, the Congress working committee (CWC), which unanimously adopted a resolution for this moved by defence minister AK Antony.
The decision ends prolonged speculation about a bigger role for Rahul, so far one of the 11 general secretaries of the Congress. The speculation focussed on the possibility of his being made working president or secretary general of the party.
Rahul Gandhi gets bigger role in Congress, appointed party vice-president:
It was clear that the party has stopped short of naming Rahul either as its face in the 2014 polls or as its prime ministerial candidate, obviously, giving itself time to see how the political scenario pans out in the run up to the polls.
Janardhan Dwivedi, chief spokesperson of the party, who made the much-awaited announcement, told reporters as to what will be Rahul's role in the next election or whether he will lead the election campaign will be decided later.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Kangana Ranaut looked every inch a Mughal empress as she walked for Manav Gangwani
- Why not: Kangana on getting married more than once
- 'Kabali' mints Rs 11.4 crore in north India in two days
- 'Mission Tiger' makers urge government to declare film tax-free
- 'Madaari' is a 'must watch', says Kejriwal
- Twinkle slams Naseeruddin for calling father 'poor actor'
- 'Madaari': A heartbreaking wake-up call
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' sets new box office record on opening day
- Shyam Kaushal choreographs action scene for 'Kaabil'
We humans are always cross the limits ― in events like skydiving, downhill skiing, car r
A US-based startup has launched a smart laptop shell that turns your Android smartphone i