- Andamans gets a leg-up to showcase heritageFIRST LOOK: Varun, Alia in 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania'Care for your hair in simple steps this summer!Uttarakhand turns to trekking to boost tourist footfalls'DDLJ' is Bollywood's most evergreen love story: SurveySteps to buy sunglassesGo the foreign way while munching French friesBaaghi collects 35 crores in opening weekendBipasha shares her 'monkey wedding' picsBig B gets inspiration from fans' love
The Indian women's hockey team lost 0-2 in their opening encounter of the five-match Test
Purti tax evasion case: Income Tax department summons Nitin Gadkari Last Updated : 13 Jan 2013 02:41:21 PM IST File Photo
The IT department has issued summons to BJP President Nitin Gadkari in connection with its investigation against him in alleged tax evasion case.
Top sources in the department said Gadkari has been asked for his personal appearance so that he can be confronted with the documents and probe conducted by the I-T in this regard in the last few months.
"He had sought an adjournement for two weeks citing that he is not present in Nagpur. He has been given the extension and the new date for appearance is January 21," they said.
We need to confront him with the probe that we have conducted and verify the facts, they added.
The department has been probing various firms that invested in Gadkari's company Purti Power and Sugar Limited (PPSL) and the probe unit here has sent a report in this regard to the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) in Delhi.
The department, according to sources, has allegedly found the details of almost 30 companies that have been "in transactions" with PPSL.
Meanwhile, sources close to Gadkari said he has not received any notice from the I-T department and he has not been asked to appear before any official.
They said there is an income tax case against PPSL which has been going on for sometime but Gadkari is not involved in the matter.
Gadkari had resigned from the Purti Group sometime back.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
US-based Indian actress Freida Pinto will reportedly attend the upcoming 69th Cannes Inter
- Randeep Hooda brilliant in 'Sarbjit': Johnny Lever
- SRK, AbRam practise dance moves for KKR match
- Release of SRK's 'Raees' pushed to next year
- Justin Bieber being sued for $100,000
- Shekhar Suman again hits out at Kangana Ranaut
- National Awards: Big B 'touched' by president's speech
- Big B, Kangana, Kalki, Kabir, Bhansali at their best in awards function
- Evans, Downey Jr helped Holland in justifying Spiderma
In a weird incident in Turkey, a 34-year man was beaten black and blue for doing a lewd ac
Sony India on Monday launched a new portable wireless speaker for music aficionados in Ind