- How to spend more time, less money during vacations!'Jack Reacher...': Tom Cruise's finest film in yearsIs it safe to eat chicken amidst this bird flu rumors?Arijit Singh re-dubs for song in 'Tum Bin 2'Movie Review: '31 October': Opens up wounds that never healedVarun Gandhi is a happily married man5 reasons why Shivaay will beat ADHMDiva's Karwa Chauth 2016Indian cricketers visit territorial army camp'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' experience recreated for fans
Legendary footballers Pele, Diego Maradona and Franz Beckenbauer led the tributes for Braz
Purti tax evasion case: Income Tax department summons Nitin Gadkari Last Updated : 13 Jan 2013 02:41:21 PM IST File Photo
The IT department has issued summons to BJP President Nitin Gadkari in connection with its investigation against him in alleged tax evasion case.
Top sources in the department said Gadkari has been asked for his personal appearance so that he can be confronted with the documents and probe conducted by the I-T in this regard in the last few months.
"He had sought an adjournement for two weeks citing that he is not present in Nagpur. He has been given the extension and the new date for appearance is January 21," they said.
We need to confront him with the probe that we have conducted and verify the facts, they added.
The department has been probing various firms that invested in Gadkari's company Purti Power and Sugar Limited (PPSL) and the probe unit here has sent a report in this regard to the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) in Delhi.
The department, according to sources, has allegedly found the details of almost 30 companies that have been "in transactions" with PPSL.
Meanwhile, sources close to Gadkari said he has not received any notice from the I-T department and he has not been asked to appear before any official.
They said there is an income tax case against PPSL which has been going on for sometime but Gadkari is not involved in the matter.
Gadkari had resigned from the Purti Group sometime back.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood superstar Salman Khan's bodyguard Gurmeet Singh alias Shera and three of his acc
- 'Kahaani 2' trailer leaves a strong impact
- Filmmaking has become a business: Jaya Bachchan
- VOOT to bring exclusive content from 'Bigg Boss' house
- Pak artistes may not attend Goa arts festival
- I choose a film that I can do justice to: Vidya Balan
- Deepika Padukone to present award at MTV Europe Music Awards
- Siddharth Roy Kapur quits Disney India for own business venture
- KJo run-ins with political parties’ every-time before release
An Indonesian court on Tuesday sentenced a 70-year-old Australian man to 15 years in pri
Bharti Airtel on Wednesday launched an affordable 10-day validity pack for international r