- Ayutthaya: Once a flourishing temple citySushmita celebrates 22 years of her Miss Universe winKangana Ranaut attends VERO MODA store launch, unveils new lineHot picks in accessories section this summerTransform your look with different capes this season!Mallika Sherawat's selfie moment with Mads MikkelsenSonam Kapoor gives desi twist to her look for amfAR GalaAre Hrithik-Sussane considering a comebackRanbir's rumored girfriend is already engagedDos and Dont's in Summer
FIFA's acting secretary general, the German-Swiss Markus Kattner, was dismissed with immed
Pak again violates ceasefire in Poonch sector Last Updated : 10 Jan 2013 07:57:27 PM IST File photo
In yet another ceasefire violation across the LoC, Pakistan on Thursday fired at Indian posts in the Poonch sector in Jammu and Kashmir, the scene of Tuesday's brutal killing of two Indian soldiers by Pakistani Army troops.
Pakistan said it lost one soldier in the exchange of fire, while claiming that the provocation took place from Indian side which was rejected by Army Headquarters here.
The Pakistani troops' firing started in the Battal area in Poonch sector at 1630 hours after which Indian troops gave a measured response. The firing ceased at 1810 hours, Army headquarters said here.
The firing took place in the area guarded by the 13 Rajputana Rifles, whose two soldiers Lance Naiks Sudhakar Singh and Hemraj were killed and their bodies were mutilated by Pakistani troops, it said.
The unit deployed in the area is known as the Barasingha battalion.
In Islamabad, Pakistan Army claimed in a statement that Indian troops had started firing in which one of its soldiers was killed.
The Army here rejected the allegation of starting the firing.
India also dismissed Pakistan's allegations that its Army transgressed the Line of Control (LoC) in Uri sector on Sunday.
In fact, Pakistan had carried out a ceasefire violation on the night of January 5-6 and "controlled retaliation" was carried out by the Indian Army on January 6, an Army press release said today.
"No LoC transgression has been resorted to by the Indian army in Uri Sector on January 6 as alleged," it said.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Sushmita Sen, the first Indian to clinch the prestigious Miss Universe crown in 19
- Kangana Ranaut attends VERO MODA store launch, unveils new line
- Ayushmann tries Chaplin-inspired look for 'Meri Pyaari Bindu'
- Big B 'nervous' about singing in 'TE3N'
- Mallika Sherawat's selfie moment with Mads Mikkelsen
- Sonam Kapoor gives desi twist to her look for amfAR Gala
- Are Hrithik-Sussane considering a comeback
- Ranbir's rumored girfriend is already engaged
- Sarabjit movie review
While playing with your pooch at home helps evoke love and compassion in you, researchers
The 'World's Ugliest Dog' won a Hero Award for helping people with disabilities
Bones of ancient, extinct species of bison uncovered
Hundreds witness Mercury transit in Delhi, scientists in Srinagar disappointed
Leading astronomers to see 'Transit of Mercury' from Srinagar
Video: Man showed private parts in bus beaten by women
Chinese smartphone manufacturer Coolpad on Friday launched a new smartphone that comes wit