- Most Indians search for BMW, MercedesChildren inspire SRK for stuntsThe censored scenes of Bollywood filmsPoonam Pandey takes up ice bucket challengeSalman Khan goes to LA10 Unknown facts about Neha DhupiaReason behind Priyanka\'s fitnessRanbir to play Lakhan in Karan\'s remakeList of films releasing in festive seasonPics: Shraddha Kapoor turns hot seductress on Filmfare cover
India's Rohan Bopanna and his Pakistani partner Aisam Qureshi crashed out of the US Open
India rejects Pakistan proposal for UN probe into LoC incident Last Updated : 10 Jan 2013 04:15:19 PM IST File Photo
India rejected Pakistan's proposal for UN investigation into Tuesday's incident on Line of Control (LoC) in which two Indian soldiers were killed.
The issue figured at a meeting of the Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) which was briefed by defence minister A K Antony on the incident in Jammu and Kashmir's Poonch sector on January eight and subsequent developments.
"We are certainly not going to agree to internationalise the issue or allow the United Nations to hold an inquiry. That demand is obviously rejected out of hand," finance minister P Chidambaram told a press conference after the meetings of the Union Cabinet and CCS here.
Pakistan had yesterday claimed that its troops were not involved in the attack carried out inside the Indian territory in Mendhar area of Jammu and Kashmir and said it was prepared to hold investigation through the UN Military Observer Group in India and Pakistan (UNMOGIP). UNMOGIP has presence on both sides of LoC.
"We take a serious view of what happened...Whatever has to be done will be done," Chidambaram said while describing the incident as brutal.
He noted that Pakistan High Commissioner Salman Bashir had been summoned by the Ministry of External Affairs yesterday and a protest lodged.
Chidambaram, who is a member of CCS presided by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, asserted that Indian troops had committed no violation of the ceasefire agreement as claimed in a media report.
He said the conduct of the Indian troops was within the guidelines that were agreed upon by the two countries.
Information and broadcasting minister Manish Tewari said the action of Pakistani troops was inhuman and the government had taken the matter seriously.
"It was inhuman. We have condemned it," he said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan does action on screen for children Aryan and Suhana.
- The censored scenes of Bollywood films
- Poonam Pandey takes up ice bucket challenge
- Salman Khan goes to LA
- 10 Unknown facts about Neha Dhupia
- Reason behind Priyanka's fitness
- Ranbir to play Lakhan in Karan's remake
- List of films releasing in festive season
- Pics: Shraddha Kapoor turns hot seductress on Filmfare cover
Facebook and Twitter feeds are inundated with ALS Ice Bucket Challenge videos, and some ar
Xiaomi will be launching its affordable smartphone Redmi 1s in India on Sept 2.