- Know why Quantico actor Priyanka overwhelmed RidhimaMy brand of romance different from SRK: Emraan Hashmi'Tamasha' a distinctive love storyIndia clinch series victory against SAMeet top Miss Supranational of 2015Sonnalli who missed 'Hate Story 3'Wedding album of Disha VakaniFilm Review: TamashaBipasha shares burnt marksIt will be a snowy Christmas for Ranbir-Katrina
A bus carrying Argentina's hockey team was accidentally hit by a stone in Chhattisgarh's c
India rejects Pakistan proposal for UN probe into LoC incident Last Updated : 10 Jan 2013 04:15:19 PM IST File Photo
India rejected Pakistan's proposal for UN investigation into Tuesday's incident on Line of Control (LoC) in which two Indian soldiers were killed.
The issue figured at a meeting of the Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) which was briefed by defence minister A K Antony on the incident in Jammu and Kashmir's Poonch sector on January eight and subsequent developments.
"We are certainly not going to agree to internationalise the issue or allow the United Nations to hold an inquiry. That demand is obviously rejected out of hand," finance minister P Chidambaram told a press conference after the meetings of the Union Cabinet and CCS here.
Pakistan had yesterday claimed that its troops were not involved in the attack carried out inside the Indian territory in Mendhar area of Jammu and Kashmir and said it was prepared to hold investigation through the UN Military Observer Group in India and Pakistan (UNMOGIP). UNMOGIP has presence on both sides of LoC.
"We take a serious view of what happened...Whatever has to be done will be done," Chidambaram said while describing the incident as brutal.
He noted that Pakistan High Commissioner Salman Bashir had been summoned by the Ministry of External Affairs yesterday and a protest lodged.
Chidambaram, who is a member of CCS presided by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, asserted that Indian troops had committed no violation of the ceasefire agreement as claimed in a media report.
He said the conduct of the Indian troops was within the guidelines that were agreed upon by the two countries.
Information and broadcasting minister Manish Tewari said the action of Pakistani troops was inhuman and the government had taken the matter seriously.
"It was inhuman. We have condemned it," he said.
Source:PTI, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Why was SRK hesitant in using the word Gerua in one of his songs?
- Not interested in awards: 'Baahubali' director
- 'Tamasha' collects Rs 10.87 crore on Day 1
- Preity Zinta is in no mood of tying the knot for a year atleast
- Unknown facts about Yami Gautam
- Camera loved Smita Patil: Shyam Benegal
- Know why Quantico actor Priyanka overwhelmed Ridhima
- My brand of romance different from SRK: Emraan Hashmi
- 'Tamasha' a distinctive love story
Watch a taxi modelling on the ramp,Thailand's contestant will be wearing a tuk-tuk dress
Smartphones and tablets are becoming the preferred choices for Chinese consumers to do onl