- Review of 'Tanu weds Manu Returns'SRK under went knee surgeryParis Hilton dating millionaireWas Deepika Padukone luckier than Katrina for Ranbir Kapoor?Why Salman wants to go to Dubai?IAF jet lands on Yamuna ExpresswayAishwarya walks red carpet for 'Youth' premiereUpdated Mercedes S600 Guard launchedWhere is Aruna Shanbaug\'s culprit Sohan Lal Walmiki?First Look revealed: 'Serial Kisser' turns Skipper 'Azhar'
Star Indian shuttler Saina Nehwal today regained the number one spot in the latest BWF wor
India rejects Pakistan proposal for UN probe into LoC incident Last Updated : 10 Jan 2013 04:15:19 PM IST File Photo
India rejected Pakistan's proposal for UN investigation into Tuesday's incident on Line of Control (LoC) in which two Indian soldiers were killed.
The issue figured at a meeting of the Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) which was briefed by defence minister A K Antony on the incident in Jammu and Kashmir's Poonch sector on January eight and subsequent developments.
"We are certainly not going to agree to internationalise the issue or allow the United Nations to hold an inquiry. That demand is obviously rejected out of hand," finance minister P Chidambaram told a press conference after the meetings of the Union Cabinet and CCS here.
Pakistan had yesterday claimed that its troops were not involved in the attack carried out inside the Indian territory in Mendhar area of Jammu and Kashmir and said it was prepared to hold investigation through the UN Military Observer Group in India and Pakistan (UNMOGIP). UNMOGIP has presence on both sides of LoC.
"We take a serious view of what happened...Whatever has to be done will be done," Chidambaram said while describing the incident as brutal.
He noted that Pakistan High Commissioner Salman Bashir had been summoned by the Ministry of External Affairs yesterday and a protest lodged.
Chidambaram, who is a member of CCS presided by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, asserted that Indian troops had committed no violation of the ceasefire agreement as claimed in a media report.
He said the conduct of the Indian troops was within the guidelines that were agreed upon by the two countries.
Information and broadcasting minister Manish Tewari said the action of Pakistani troops was inhuman and the government had taken the matter seriously.
"It was inhuman. We have condemned it," he said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Akshay Kumar will soon be turning fashion designer as the superstar is launching his own c
- Vote for Aishwarya's best gown in cannes 2015
- Salman tweets Varun : Happy Shuddhi
- Shah Rukh Khan undergoes knee surgery, thanks fans for support
- 'Jazbaa' is not my come back film: Aishwarya
- Why Alia Bhatt and Varun Dhawan are the leading Bollywood romantic pair
- Five reasons why Salman walked out of Karan Johar's Shuddhi
- Salman not to do Karan's 'Shuddhi'
- Review of 'Tanu weds Manu Returns'
In an unprecedented move, a woman here has placed a matrimonial advertisement in a newspap
Indian conglomerate Essar Group today said it is no longer interested in buying Nokia's Ch