- Pics: B-Town celebrates P.V. Sindhu's Olympic win'Happy Bhag Jayegi': A light-hearted, feel-good filmCelebrities hail Sakshi Malik's Olympic winPink is not a film about rape, says Amitabh BachchanOn Rakhi, TV actors recount memories with 'partners in crime'B-Town celebs wish Navroz Mubarak to ParsisBritish-era bunker unearthed in Raj BhavanLeaked: Sex Scenes from award winning film 'Parched'Entertainment Being an actress, I can be anybody: Priyanka ChopraCheck out Salman's 'Tubelight' first look
Montreal Canadiens forward Tomas Plekanec has been chosen captain of the Czech Republic’
RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat's remark on rape misunderstood: BJP Last Updated : 04 Jan 2013 09:23:49 PM IST File Photo
Pushed on the backfoot by RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat's comment that rapes happens in cities, BJP on Friday put up a brave defence saying the statement should be seen in the proper context and he was referring to India's culture, tradition and value system.
"The present controversy relating to certain comments of RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat is totally uncalled for and unnecessary. His comments are required to be seen and understood in entirety. He was referring to India's sanskar, tradition and value system where respect for women occupies a pride of place," BJP spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad said.
Bhagwat had courted controversy when he said in Silchar on Thursday that "crimes against women happen in India and not in Bharat". He maintained that women living in cities follow a western lifestyle which leads to crimes against them.
Backing Bhagwat, Prasad said the RSS chief had also underlined the need for meting out stringent sentences to the guilty.
"At the same time, he also demanded that strong punishment should be given to those who are offenders in relation to crimes against women and that laws should be strengthened to even give capital punishment," Prasad said.
BJP maintained that empowerment of women, and giving them respect and security form the core of RSS ideology.
"There is extraordinary work and achievement made in various RSS-related organizations like Rashtriya Sevika Samiti, Vanvasi Kalyan Kendra, Vidya Bharti and other allied organisations which bear ample testimony to the same," Prasad said.
RSS leader Ram Madhav had defended Bhagwat on the same lines and said it should be seen in the proper perspective.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Jennifer Garner was spotted looking sad -- almost in tears -- as she kept her hea
- Dhanush to produce Rajinikanth's next film
- New music single addresses homosexuality
- Sonakshi to act with family only with right script
- Remembering 'King Of Pop' on his 58th B'day
- Amy Jackson to sing in Punjabi, reveals Manj Musik
- Saif Ali Khan to be face of 'Supercars Megabuild'
- kareena kapoor khan 'sexy' pregnancy photos.
- Om Puri in Pakistan to promote film
An Indonesian man is set to hold the title of world's oldest man at 145 years, authorities
Chinese internet and technology conglomerate LeEco on Monday announced some unique offers