- Sheenojis: Charlie Sheen releases personalised emojisHot tips to stay fit and healthyReview; 'The Angry Birds Movie'Veerappan movie review'Phobia' movie reviewReview: 'Waiting' Actors rule the roostSonam, McKellen inaugurate Kashish Film FestivalKaran Johar celebrates birthday with star kidsWhen Salman Khan was in tears while shooting for 'Sultan'Wear the right shoe for the right occasion!
Being excited for your favourite football team, rooting for them and suffering vicariously
RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat's remark on rape misunderstood: BJP Last Updated : 04 Jan 2013 09:23:49 PM IST File Photo
Pushed on the backfoot by RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat's comment that rapes happens in cities, BJP on Friday put up a brave defence saying the statement should be seen in the proper context and he was referring to India's culture, tradition and value system.
"The present controversy relating to certain comments of RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat is totally uncalled for and unnecessary. His comments are required to be seen and understood in entirety. He was referring to India's sanskar, tradition and value system where respect for women occupies a pride of place," BJP spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad said.
Bhagwat had courted controversy when he said in Silchar on Thursday that "crimes against women happen in India and not in Bharat". He maintained that women living in cities follow a western lifestyle which leads to crimes against them.
Backing Bhagwat, Prasad said the RSS chief had also underlined the need for meting out stringent sentences to the guilty.
"At the same time, he also demanded that strong punishment should be given to those who are offenders in relation to crimes against women and that laws should be strengthened to even give capital punishment," Prasad said.
BJP maintained that empowerment of women, and giving them respect and security form the core of RSS ideology.
"There is extraordinary work and achievement made in various RSS-related organizations like Rashtriya Sevika Samiti, Vanvasi Kalyan Kendra, Vidya Bharti and other allied organisations which bear ample testimony to the same," Prasad said.
RSS leader Ram Madhav had defended Bhagwat on the same lines and said it should be seen in the proper perspective.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Director Raam Reddy, whose Kannada film “Thithi” won the National Film Award, says tha
- Would love to work with Vidya, Aditya: Kunaal Roy Kapur
- Subhash Ghai lauds Kapil Sharma for not disrespecting icons
- Sonam shocked with 'overreaction' over Tanmay Bhat's controversial video
- Ray would have used computers differently for illustrations
- 'Animation not yet considered storytelling medium'
- Katy Perry's Twitter account hacked
- Home for 10 days, Priyanka Chopra to decide on next Hindi films
- Amitabh Bachchan, Anupam Kher mourn producer Vikas Mohan's death
We imagine the Sun as a giant burning furnace that brings sunlight to us but NASA's Solar
E-cigarette use in Britain almost doubled in two years
Virtual dog to teach robots to perform tasks intelligently
The 'World's Ugliest Dog' won a Hero Award for helping people with disabilities
Bones of ancient, extinct species of bison uncovered
Hundreds witness Mercury transit in Delhi, scientists in Srinagar disappointed
Consumer electronics and home appliances major Videocon on Tuesday launched 4G-enabled Kry