- Promotional PICS of \'Ragini MMS 2\'View pics of Aamir B\'dayShreya Ghoshal launched her first album \'Humnasheen\'OMG! Monica Dogra goes commandoOMG! Baby born with two heads5 teas to make you slimWhen Kajal Agarwal goes topless, view picsIn pics: Bollywood\'s bold acts on screenTopmost bizarre houses around the worldDiana leaked royal phone book
The Shah Rukh Khan and Sourav Ganguly rivalry could soon be back, though this time in foot
RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat's remark on rape misunderstood: BJP Last Updated : 04 Jan 2013 09:23:49 PM IST File Photo
Pushed on the backfoot by RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat's comment that rapes happens in cities, BJP on Friday put up a brave defence saying the statement should be seen in the proper context and he was referring to India's culture, tradition and value system.
"The present controversy relating to certain comments of RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat is totally uncalled for and unnecessary. His comments are required to be seen and understood in entirety. He was referring to India's sanskar, tradition and value system where respect for women occupies a pride of place," BJP spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad said.
Bhagwat had courted controversy when he said in Silchar on Thursday that "crimes against women happen in India and not in Bharat". He maintained that women living in cities follow a western lifestyle which leads to crimes against them.
Backing Bhagwat, Prasad said the RSS chief had also underlined the need for meting out stringent sentences to the guilty.
"At the same time, he also demanded that strong punishment should be given to those who are offenders in relation to crimes against women and that laws should be strengthened to even give capital punishment," Prasad said.
BJP maintained that empowerment of women, and giving them respect and security form the core of RSS ideology.
"There is extraordinary work and achievement made in various RSS-related organizations like Rashtriya Sevika Samiti, Vanvasi Kalyan Kendra, Vidya Bharti and other allied organisations which bear ample testimony to the same," Prasad said.
RSS leader Ram Madhav had defended Bhagwat on the same lines and said it should be seen in the proper perspective.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollyood actress Sunny Leone and Flim producer Ekta Kapoor during the promotion of their u
- View pics of Aamir B'day
- Snooki wants to be fun bride
- Shreya Ghoshal launched her first album 'Humnasheen'
- OMG! Monica Dogra goes commando
- When Kajal Agarwal goes topless, view pics
- Shah Rukh Khan ignores Karan Johar
- In pics: Bollywood's bold acts on screen
- Katrina,Ranbir spending time together in Sri lanka
An Indian mother who could not afford to pay for ultrasound said she had no idea she was c
The much-talked about Nokia Android mobile phone has finally arrived in Indian market.