- Images: Bollywood stars who are mama's boysSee sexy Alia Bhatt who wants to be thick skinnedSussane demands 400 crores alimonyDivas in see through dressesSee some rare visuals of Kaka\'s Aashirwaad; now soldSalman\'s niece is a hot girlIN PICS: Priyanka Chopra's b'day bashSelena Gomez oops moment!Ranveer Singh visits Deepika in CorsicaPICS: Love at first sight, grow more!
The 31-year-old Bindra kept his nerve to take the honour in his favourite 10 m air rifle
RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat's remark on rape misunderstood: BJP Last Updated : 04 Jan 2013 09:23:49 PM IST File Photo
Pushed on the backfoot by RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat's comment that rapes happens in cities, BJP on Friday put up a brave defence saying the statement should be seen in the proper context and he was referring to India's culture, tradition and value system.
"The present controversy relating to certain comments of RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat is totally uncalled for and unnecessary. His comments are required to be seen and understood in entirety. He was referring to India's sanskar, tradition and value system where respect for women occupies a pride of place," BJP spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad said.
Bhagwat had courted controversy when he said in Silchar on Thursday that "crimes against women happen in India and not in Bharat". He maintained that women living in cities follow a western lifestyle which leads to crimes against them.
Backing Bhagwat, Prasad said the RSS chief had also underlined the need for meting out stringent sentences to the guilty.
"At the same time, he also demanded that strong punishment should be given to those who are offenders in relation to crimes against women and that laws should be strengthened to even give capital punishment," Prasad said.
BJP maintained that empowerment of women, and giving them respect and security form the core of RSS ideology.
"There is extraordinary work and achievement made in various RSS-related organizations like Rashtriya Sevika Samiti, Vanvasi Kalyan Kendra, Vidya Bharti and other allied organisations which bear ample testimony to the same," Prasad said.
RSS leader Ram Madhav had defended Bhagwat on the same lines and said it should be seen in the proper perspective.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
As filmmakers become increasingly daring nowadays, more and more films are getting either
- Find out real reason why Salman Khan agreed to host Bigg Boss 8
- CWG Glasgow 2014: Apurvi Chandela and Rahi Sarnobat win Gold
- In Pics: Bet you did not know this about hot siren Mallika Sherawat
- Kareena enjoys working with Salman
- Images: Bollywood stars who are mama's boys
- See sexy Alia Bhatt who wants to be thick skinned
- Sussane demands 400 crores alimony
- Divas in see through dresses
With a string of harrowing incidents that have left the nation enraged, parents have been
Handset maker Oplus Technologies has launched its smartphone, XonPhone 5 in the Indian mar