- Why these B-Wood celebs did not attend Arpita Khan\'s receptionAamir and Deepika in Karan Johar film?SRK, Salman candid moments at Arpita's wedding receptionSRK dances on 'Chaiyya Chaiyya' with Salman at Arpita's receptionCondoms, pregnancy test kit, rifles found in Rampal's AashramPoonam Pandey to endorse breast creamAamir, SRK and Salman together at same stageReview in pics of \'Happy Ending\'What is Salman Khan doing at his sister\'s feet?Kim Kardashian wants daughter to pose nude
Fance's pole vault world record holder Renaud Lavillenie and New Zealand's unstoppable sh
Delhi gangrape: Several hurt in violence at India Gate Last Updated : 24 Dec 2012 12:08:54 PM IST Police used water cannons and resorted to baton charge to disperse the protesters at India Gate.
Several people, including policemen and media person, were severely injured during the protest against the rape of a para-medical student in the national capital.
Hooligans and some political elements on Sunday hijacked the peaceful protests in the Capital over the gang-rape of a young girl resulting in violence and attacks against public property and police which retaliated with teargas and water cannons that led to injuries to persons on both sides.
A total of 78 policemen and 65 protesters were injured in the violence as protests at the Central Vista entered the third day prompting clamping of prohibitory orders under Section 144 of CrPC in New Delhi district banning assembly of four or more persons. The Vista is the 3-km broad avenue from India Gate that leads to Raisina hill which is home to PMO,
Rastrapati Bhawan and Home Ministry among other government offices.
One of the injured policeman--Constable Subash Tomar--is fighting for his life at Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital, Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar told media on Sunday night. Joint Commissioner (Central) Taj Hasan was among the injured. Some mediamen were also injured in the violence.
Police fired 250 teargas shells, repeatedly used water cannons and resorted to baton charge to disperse the protesters.
Special Commissioner of Police (Law and Order) Dharmendra Kumar blamed "hooligans" for the violence during protests against the gangrape of 23-year-old girl in a moving bus last Sunday night and said unruly elements have "hijacked" peaceful demonstrations.
He said at least 25 vehicles -- 12 DTC buses, 12 PCR vans and a Doordarshan vehicle -- were damaged.
Delhi Police in its report to Union Home Ministry said that some "vested interests" had joined the protesters and were instigating violence.
Protesters led by yoga guru Ramdev and former Army chief V K Singh clashed with police at Jantar Mantar on Sunday afternoon when they were prevented from marching towards India Gate.
Aam Aadmi Party's Arvind Kejriwal and Manish Sisodia sat on a dharna near Hyderabad House on Ashoka Road, close to India Gate. The youth outfit of BJP also took part in the protests.
Kumar disclosed that a former Chief Justice of India will constitute the Commission of Inquiry that will go into the gangrape incident, lapses by police and measures to be taken to ensure safety of women in Delhi and other parts of the country.
Constable battling for life after India Gate violence
A Delhi Police Constable was battling for life after he was severely beaten up near India Gate by protesters who had gathered to demand security for women in the capital.
Constable Subhash Tomar was beaten up at Tilak Marg near India Gate in the evening by "hooligans among protesters", Dharmendra Kumar, Special Commissioner of Police (Law and Order), said.
"He is critical. He sank thrice but was revived by doctors. He is now on ventilator," the Special Commissioner said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
we tell you who were the Bollywood stars whose absence created speculations
- I love coming to India: Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Aamir and Deepika in Karan Johar film?
- SRK, Salman candid moments at Arpita's wedding reception
- Rajinikanth skips Kochadaiyaan's screening at IFFI
- Why Aamir Khan missed Arpita's wedding reception
- SRK dances on 'Chaiyya Chaiyya' with Salman at Arpita's reception
- Ranbir happy Salman called Katrina Mrs Kapoor
- Deepika named Katrin as talented star
A video of young elephant fighting with 14 lions has gone viral on You Tube.
Nokia is not going to give up easily as the company has now come up with a new tablet.