- Israeli Women post nude photos on Facebook for IDFAfter Surveen Chawla,Jay Bhanushali shoots steamy scenes with Shasha AghaLandslide in Pune:21 dead,200 trapped, Rajnath Singh to visitOMG! Rani Mukerji to be seen in an adult film!Images: Avatar star Zoe Saldana goes nude for Women\'s Health magazineGutthi will return for Akshay Kumar in Comedy Nights With Kapil?Bet you probably did not know this about Arnold SchwarzeneggerLandslide near Pune, 17 deadChicken has antibiotics!PICS: Metro overloaded! Passengers asked to deboard
Star boxer Vijender Singh outclassed Trinidad and Tobago's Aaron Finch in men's 75kg cate
Delhi gangrape: Several hurt in violence at India Gate Last Updated : 24 Dec 2012 12:08:54 PM IST Police used water cannons and resorted to baton charge to disperse the protesters at India Gate.
Several people, including policemen and media person, were severely injured during the protest against the rape of a para-medical student in the national capital.
Hooligans and some political elements on Sunday hijacked the peaceful protests in the Capital over the gang-rape of a young girl resulting in violence and attacks against public property and police which retaliated with teargas and water cannons that led to injuries to persons on both sides.
A total of 78 policemen and 65 protesters were injured in the violence as protests at the Central Vista entered the third day prompting clamping of prohibitory orders under Section 144 of CrPC in New Delhi district banning assembly of four or more persons. The Vista is the 3-km broad avenue from India Gate that leads to Raisina hill which is home to PMO,
Rastrapati Bhawan and Home Ministry among other government offices.
One of the injured policeman--Constable Subash Tomar--is fighting for his life at Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital, Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar told media on Sunday night. Joint Commissioner (Central) Taj Hasan was among the injured. Some mediamen were also injured in the violence.
Police fired 250 teargas shells, repeatedly used water cannons and resorted to baton charge to disperse the protesters.
Special Commissioner of Police (Law and Order) Dharmendra Kumar blamed "hooligans" for the violence during protests against the gangrape of 23-year-old girl in a moving bus last Sunday night and said unruly elements have "hijacked" peaceful demonstrations.
He said at least 25 vehicles -- 12 DTC buses, 12 PCR vans and a Doordarshan vehicle -- were damaged.
Delhi Police in its report to Union Home Ministry said that some "vested interests" had joined the protesters and were instigating violence.
Protesters led by yoga guru Ramdev and former Army chief V K Singh clashed with police at Jantar Mantar on Sunday afternoon when they were prevented from marching towards India Gate.
Aam Aadmi Party's Arvind Kejriwal and Manish Sisodia sat on a dharna near Hyderabad House on Ashoka Road, close to India Gate. The youth outfit of BJP also took part in the protests.
Kumar disclosed that a former Chief Justice of India will constitute the Commission of Inquiry that will go into the gangrape incident, lapses by police and measures to be taken to ensure safety of women in Delhi and other parts of the country.
Constable battling for life after India Gate violence
A Delhi Police Constable was battling for life after he was severely beaten up near India Gate by protesters who had gathered to demand security for women in the capital.
Constable Subhash Tomar was beaten up at Tilak Marg near India Gate in the evening by "hooligans among protesters", Dharmendra Kumar, Special Commissioner of Police (Law and Order), said.
"He is critical. He sank thrice but was revived by doctors. He is now on ventilator," the Special Commissioner said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
After the success of Hate Story2 Jay Bhanushali is shooting one love making scenes after t
- OMG! Rani Mukerji to be seen in an adult film!
- Images: Avatar star Zoe Saldana goes nude for Women's Health magazine
- Gutthi will return for Akshay Kumar in Comedy Nights With Kapil?
- Bet you probably did not know this about Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Salman's big heart for Kids
- Aamir celebrates Eid with ex wife Reena
- WATCH: '50 Shades of Grey' trailer most-watched of 2014
- Mandakini's semi-nude photos had created an uproar
With a string of harrowing incidents that have left the nation enraged, parents have been
Tech giant Apple has reduced the price of its 13-inch non-Retina MacBook Pro by Rs 11,000.