- Is Alia Bhatt leaving Bhatt house?Kanye West is furious after Kim Kardashian's nude photos leakList of movies to be released in Oct 2014Major goof-up: Now Alia Bhatt doesn\'t know who Maharashtra\'s CM is!Little known facts about Asian Games 2014 gold medalist Mary KomMiley Cyrus takes nude selfieTwo million Muslims to perform Haj this yearWho is hotter, Katrina in 'Bang Bang' or Deepika Padukone in 'Happy New Year'Winning is a habit for Mary KomChicken tikka masala loses charm!
She has once again made the country proud. MC Mary Kom has not only won the gold medal at
PM asks Shinde to ensure sense of security in Delhi Last Updated : 22 Dec 2012 05:00:09 PM IST PM wants Shinde to ensure sense of security in Delhi
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Saturday directed Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde to ensure sense of security in Delhi and see that incidents like last Sunday's gang-rape do not recur.
The directive came when Shinde called Singh to brief him on the situation in the aftermath of the gang-rape incident,sources said.
Shinde told the Prime Minister that he was personally monitoring the situation. Sources said the Prime Minister told Shinde that he should ensure a sense of security in the capital, whose law and order is the direct responsibility of the Home Minister.
Singh asked Shinde to take all measures to see that there is no recurrence of the incidents like the recent gang-rape of 23-year-old girl who was also brutally assaulted by the six accused.
As Anti-rape protests at India Gate and Rashtrapati Bhawan turned violent. Thirteen protesters were injured, of which nine were taken to RML hospital and four to LNJP hospital. Most of the protesters have suffered minor head injuries
The police fired tear gas shells for the third time as protesters tried to break barricades outside the Rashtrapati Bhawan. However, the protests at India Gate continued to be peaceful with people performing street plays and giving suggestions like CCTV recording while filing FIRs in police station.
As more people joined the protests at India gate and Rashtrapati Bhawan, many protesters questioned as to where was Congress's 'youth leader' Rahul Gandhi now. Some of the slogans raised at India Gate also said, "Don't teach your daughters what to wear, teach your sons how to behave."
Amid protests against the brutal gang-rape of a 23-year-old, BJP Rajya Sabha MP Tarun Vijay today wrote to Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde voicing his anguish at lack of safety in Delhi and requested the ministry to withdraw the security provided to him.
"At a time when the entire nation, led by brave Delhi people are protesting at India Gate demanding more security for the citizens and praying for the recovery of the unfortunate girl who fell victim to the animals in human form,it will be unbecoming of me if I continue to have the security cover," Vijay said in his letter to Shinde.
Vijay, along with his family members, joined the protesters at India Gate this afternoon.He was provided security cover around five years back when he was a journalist. Vijay had received death threats from terrorist organisation Indian Mujahideen.
"I hereby request you to kindly take back the security cover and provide more security and protection to the common citizens who need it more than us," Vijay told Shinde. He also expressed ire at the use of water cannons and lathicharge on the protesting people.
"It would have been more appropriate if leaders like you too had sat with them and added government's voice with the peoples' anguish committing to end the criminal assaults on the citizens.
"The people on the street, who are our real masters,need this protection more than any politician," Vijay said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Alia is a big girl now, she readies to leave her home.
- Kanye West is furious after Kim Kardashian's nude photos leak
- List of movies to be released in Oct 2014
- Major goof-up: Now Alia Bhatt doesn't know who Maharashtra's CM is!
- Miley Cyrus takes nude selfie
- SRK calls Aamir Khan ‘Aadha Hero’
- Keira not worried about turning 30
- Who is hotter, Katrina in 'Bang Bang' or Deepika Padukone in 'Happy New Year'
- Vishal Bhardwaj wants to work with Shweta Basu
A class 12th student, identified as Maqsood, was mauled by a white tiger at Delhi Zoo on T
BlackBerry on Monday launched its new smartphone BalckBerry Passport for Rs 49, 990 in Ind