- Devotees worship Goddess Shailputri on Day 1Guess who is Alia dating?'M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story': Chugs along touching right nerveSee Pics: Who looked best dressed actress at GQ Awards 2016.'Craze for Dhoni biopic more than any sportsman-based film'Kuch Rang Pyar Ke couple is a hitUnseen photos of Shah Rukh Khan and Anushka SharmaTen reasons to watch M.S. Dhoni: An Untold StoryEnergy drinks may increase risk of drink drivingDon't want to do destructive roles: John
Abhishek Yadav's last minute goal gave India a 5-4 victory in their final game against hos
Key suspect arrested in Samjhauta Express blast case Last Updated : 16 Dec 2012 11:12:53 AM IST File photo: Samjhauta Express blast
Chaudhary, who is also known as Samundar, carried a reward of Rs five lakh.
He was arrested and produced before a court in Ujjain which gave his transit remand to the agency, official sources said adding that he will be produced before a Panchkula court.
The breakthrough came after intense investigation being carried out in the case by the NIA which was handed over the probe in 2010, they said.
It is the fourth arrest in the case. The NIA has already arrested Kamal Chauhan, Aseemanand and Lokesh Sharma for their alleged involvement in the blast.
The bomb blasts in the Samjhauta Express near Panipat, Haryana on February 18, 2007 and the consequent fire in the train coaches had resulted in the loss of 68 lives and injuries to 12 train passengers including women and children.
The initial investigation into the bomb blast was conducted by the Government Railway Police and Special Investigation Team of Haryana Police and subsequently NIA took over the case on July 29, 2010 following a directive by the Home Ministry.
NIA had on June 20, 2011 filed a charge-sheet before the special court under various sections of the Indian Penal Code and Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act against five accused -- Naba Kumar Sarkar alias Swami Aseemanand, Sunil Joshi (now dead), Lokesh Sharma, Sandeep Dange and Ramchandra Kalasangra alias Ramji.
Dange and Kalasangra are absconding.
The investigating agency had in August this year also filed a supplementary chargesheet in the case against disgruntled RSS worker Kamal Chauhan and his associate Amit in a special court at Panchkula charging them with murder, conspiracy and other offences.
Lokesh Sharma, a close associate of late Sunil Joshi, had sent Chauhan and Rajesh Chaudhary for the recee in December 2006. Later, Old Delhi railway station was selected (for planting bomb) from where the train originates, the sources said.
The Samjhauta Express was chosen as the target and both of them came to Indore on February 17, 2007 and took delivery of the suitcase bombs to be planted in the train on the next day.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Veteran actor Anupam Kher will soon be seen portraying the role of a politician in the fil
- Anything on internet won't be on '#NoFilterNeha': Neha Dhupia
- Prakash Jha to launch song 'Ek muthi asman' for NALSA
- IMPPA ban on Pakistani actors has no relevance: Pahlaj Nihalani
- Dhoni crosses Rs 20 crore mark in India on opening day
- Controversial statements by Salman Khan
- Salman Khan should migrate to Pakistan, says Shiv Sena
- Relative files complaint against actor Nawazuddin
- M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story: Sushant is brilliant, the film is not
Using state-of-the-art equipment, Australian researchers have managed to solve an 800-yea
The Chinese internet and technology conglomerate LeEco is offering its disruptive smaret