- 'The Man Who Knew...' unravels the mystique of Ramanujan Rating: *****Divyanka Tripathi bags maximum honours at Star Parivaar Awards 2016Olympics: India clubbed with Germany in hockey Pool BKamal Haasan to revive Balram Naidu characterSunita Williams, team to ensure safe cargo flights to ISSPreity Zinta to host reception in MumbaiBipasha Basu mehendi ceremony detailsSussanne supports Hrithik on 'intimate' photo leakMake your attire funky with different neck piecesApple sales fall after 13 years
) Indian boxing sensation Vijender Singh has promised his fans another big knockout win wh
Key suspect arrested in Samjhauta Express blast case Last Updated : 16 Dec 2012 11:12:53 AM IST File photo: Samjhauta Express blast
Chaudhary, who is also known as Samundar, carried a reward of Rs five lakh.
He was arrested and produced before a court in Ujjain which gave his transit remand to the agency, official sources said adding that he will be produced before a Panchkula court.
The breakthrough came after intense investigation being carried out in the case by the NIA which was handed over the probe in 2010, they said.
It is the fourth arrest in the case. The NIA has already arrested Kamal Chauhan, Aseemanand and Lokesh Sharma for their alleged involvement in the blast.
The bomb blasts in the Samjhauta Express near Panipat, Haryana on February 18, 2007 and the consequent fire in the train coaches had resulted in the loss of 68 lives and injuries to 12 train passengers including women and children.
The initial investigation into the bomb blast was conducted by the Government Railway Police and Special Investigation Team of Haryana Police and subsequently NIA took over the case on July 29, 2010 following a directive by the Home Ministry.
NIA had on June 20, 2011 filed a charge-sheet before the special court under various sections of the Indian Penal Code and Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act against five accused -- Naba Kumar Sarkar alias Swami Aseemanand, Sunil Joshi (now dead), Lokesh Sharma, Sandeep Dange and Ramchandra Kalasangra alias Ramji.
Dange and Kalasangra are absconding.
The investigating agency had in August this year also filed a supplementary chargesheet in the case against disgruntled RSS worker Kamal Chauhan and his associate Amit in a special court at Panchkula charging them with murder, conspiracy and other offences.
Lokesh Sharma, a close associate of late Sunil Joshi, had sent Chauhan and Rajesh Chaudhary for the recee in December 2006. Later, Old Delhi railway station was selected (for planting bomb) from where the train originates, the sources said.
The Samjhauta Express was chosen as the target and both of them came to Indore on February 17, 2007 and took delivery of the suitcase bombs to be planted in the train on the next day.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
How does one describe, let alone cinematically circumscribe, the life of an unvarnished ge
- 'Mother's Day': A light-hearted celebration.
- Unfair to call me 'arrogant' for supporting Salman: Salim Khan
- 'Make In India' most important initiative by Modi: SRK
- Neetu Chandra writes open letter to Alia Bhatt, Chaubey
- Divyanka Tripathi bags maximum honours at Star Parivaar Awards 2016
- For outsiders, Bollywood is a huge gamble: Actor Swara Bhaskar
- Kamal Haasan to revive Balram Naidu character
- Preity Zinta to host reception in Mumbai
Is it true that fashion affects the personality? but it has certain tendency to achieve so
Gone are the days when laptops were marketed as fastest, smartest, biggest or best on the