- Can't tolerate bullying: Kangana RanautAbRam gets magic in SRK's lifeUnknown facts about Shahid KapoorPriyanka Chopra to attend 2017 OscarsSelect right jewellery for wedding functionsPlastic surgery goes wrong for Ayesha TakiaMy scenes in 'Rangoon' were cut: Kangana RanautA fasting diet may help to reverse diabetes'Rangoon': An impressively immersive filmMahashivaratri Wallpapers and Facebook images
Sanjeev Rajput finished fifth in the mens 50m Rifle 3 Positions event on a disappointing d
Sushma Swaraj endorses Narendra Modi as PM candidate Last Updated : 02 Dec 2012 11:16:36 AM IST Sushma endorses Narendra Modi as PM candidate
Senior BJP leader Sushma Swaraj has sorted out the leadership issue in BJP ahead of the 2014 general elections by saying that Narendra Modi is fit to become the Prime Minister of the country.
Campaigning for the upcoming Gujarat elections in Vadodara, senior BJP leader Sushma Swaraj came out in open support for Chief Minister Narendra Modi as a potential prime ministerial candidate for the next general elections. "There are no boundaries for the post of Prime Minister. I feel Narendra Modi is capable to become the next PM and I have no doubts about it. He is both capable and suitable for holding the PM's post," Swaraj said
"BJP will make a hat-trick by winning the Gujarat assembly elections for the third time in a row," Swaraj said.She also said that "Congress will be defeated in the parliamentary election scheduled to be held in 2014".
By endorsing Modi as the best choice for PM's candidate ,Sushma has sorted out the tussle of leadership in BJP as everybody was guessing who is the face of the BJP - Narendra Modi, Arun Jaitely, Sushma Swaraj, Nitin Gadkari or the now-almost-forgotten LK Advani?
On his birthday Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader L.K. Advani said he is not a contender for the prime minister’s post, but he did not rule out the possibility of taking charge of the party once again.
Right now the BJP has kept the issue of Prime Ministerial candidate on the backburner as the entire BJP force is being applied to win the Gujarat elections. Voting will be held in two phases on December 13 and 17 and results will be declared on December 20. Modi is contesting from the Maninagar seat in Ahmedabad and faces suspended top police officer Sanjiv Bhatt's wife Shweta Bhatt of the Congress. Mr Modi has been winning from the seat since 2002.
But not everybody in the NDA want Narendra Modi to be projected as prime minister, Bihar chief minister Nitish Kumar had made a strong pitch for a "secular" prime ministerial candidate for NDA.
On September ,Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray had endorsed Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj as the only leader in the ally BJP who would make a "deserving" Prime Minister.loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Kangana credits her success and failures to her growth in Bollywood. "Every single day has
- Fire at warehouse, film city in Bengal, no injuries
- Pics; AbRam gets magic in SRK's life
- No one should instruct adults what to watch: Motwane
- Very rewarding: Taapsee on watching 'Pink' with President
- Kabir Khan slams CBFC for refusing certificate to 'Lipstick...'
- Unknown facts about Shahid Kapoor
- Priyanka Chopra to attend 2017 Oscars
- Big B, Taapsee to watch 'Pink' with President
If you are living in a neighbourhood surrounded by trees and shrubs, with birds chirping
Number of Facebook users across the globe were locked out of their accounts due to an erro