- Juhi says tv is no longer small mediumThe 46th IFFI creating buzz in GoaExclusive: Why Salim Khan was wearing Mr Right cap?OMG! Stress can make you uglySRK-Kajol don\'t take their stardom for granted: Varun SharmaBest Thanksgiving Parades in the USA in PicsKabir Khan feels cinema can\'t help fight terrorismSushant to romance Kriti Sanon in Dinesh Vijan\'s moviePriyanka not to promote \'Bajirao Mastani\'Lagaan actress Gracy Singh to play goddess Santoshi in the show Santoshi Maa!
Pro-cam International announces arrangements for route map of Airtel Delhi Half Marathon 2
Sushma Swaraj endorses Narendra Modi as PM candidate Last Updated : 02 Dec 2012 11:16:36 AM IST Sushma endorses Narendra Modi as PM candidate
Senior BJP leader Sushma Swaraj has sorted out the leadership issue in BJP ahead of the 2014 general elections by saying that Narendra Modi is fit to become the Prime Minister of the country.
Campaigning for the upcoming Gujarat elections in Vadodara, senior BJP leader Sushma Swaraj came out in open support for Chief Minister Narendra Modi as a potential prime ministerial candidate for the next general elections. "There are no boundaries for the post of Prime Minister. I feel Narendra Modi is capable to become the next PM and I have no doubts about it. He is both capable and suitable for holding the PM's post," Swaraj said
"BJP will make a hat-trick by winning the Gujarat assembly elections for the third time in a row," Swaraj said.She also said that "Congress will be defeated in the parliamentary election scheduled to be held in 2014".
By endorsing Modi as the best choice for PM's candidate ,Sushma has sorted out the tussle of leadership in BJP as everybody was guessing who is the face of the BJP - Narendra Modi, Arun Jaitely, Sushma Swaraj, Nitin Gadkari or the now-almost-forgotten LK Advani?
On his birthday Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader L.K. Advani said he is not a contender for the prime minister’s post, but he did not rule out the possibility of taking charge of the party once again.
Right now the BJP has kept the issue of Prime Ministerial candidate on the backburner as the entire BJP force is being applied to win the Gujarat elections. Voting will be held in two phases on December 13 and 17 and results will be declared on December 20. Modi is contesting from the Maninagar seat in Ahmedabad and faces suspended top police officer Sanjiv Bhatt's wife Shweta Bhatt of the Congress. Mr Modi has been winning from the seat since 2002.
But not everybody in the NDA want Narendra Modi to be projected as prime minister, Bihar chief minister Nitish Kumar had made a strong pitch for a "secular" prime ministerial candidate for NDA.
On September ,Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray had endorsed Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj as the only leader in the ally BJP who would make a "deserving" Prime Minister.Source:PTI, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Juhi Parmar says Television is no longer small medium.
- Keith returns to 'Bigg Boss 9'
- The 46th IFFI creating buzz in Goa
- Aamir not to leave India forever
- Vivek avoids commenting on Salman
- Exclusive: Why Salim Khan was wearing Mr Right cap?
- SRK-Kajol don't take their stardom for granted: Varun Sharma
- Kabir Khan feels cinema can't help fight terrorism
- Genelia posts pictures of birthday boy Riaan
In a gruesome and shocking incident, the head of a baby got separated from its body during
The Power Electronics and Control unit company has developed mobile application "MassPark"