- When Salman Khan was in tears while shooting for 'Sultan'Wear the right shoe for the right occasion!Aamir Khan, McKellen discuss Shakespeare at MAMI Film Club launchYes, Virat Kohli and Anushka are backSee Sofia Hayat before she became a nunMedia has dishonoured Iulia: SalmanAyutthaya: Once a flourishing temple citySushmita celebrates 22 years of her Miss Universe winKangana Ranaut attends VERO MODA store launch, unveils new lineHot picks in accessories section this summer
India's tennis stars Sania Mirza, Leander Paes and Rohan Bopanna got their French Open cam
Sushma Swaraj endorses Narendra Modi as PM candidate Last Updated : 02 Dec 2012 11:16:36 AM IST Sushma endorses Narendra Modi as PM candidate
Senior BJP leader Sushma Swaraj has sorted out the leadership issue in BJP ahead of the 2014 general elections by saying that Narendra Modi is fit to become the Prime Minister of the country.
Campaigning for the upcoming Gujarat elections in Vadodara, senior BJP leader Sushma Swaraj came out in open support for Chief Minister Narendra Modi as a potential prime ministerial candidate for the next general elections. "There are no boundaries for the post of Prime Minister. I feel Narendra Modi is capable to become the next PM and I have no doubts about it. He is both capable and suitable for holding the PM's post," Swaraj said
"BJP will make a hat-trick by winning the Gujarat assembly elections for the third time in a row," Swaraj said.She also said that "Congress will be defeated in the parliamentary election scheduled to be held in 2014".
By endorsing Modi as the best choice for PM's candidate ,Sushma has sorted out the tussle of leadership in BJP as everybody was guessing who is the face of the BJP - Narendra Modi, Arun Jaitely, Sushma Swaraj, Nitin Gadkari or the now-almost-forgotten LK Advani?
On his birthday Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader L.K. Advani said he is not a contender for the prime minister’s post, but he did not rule out the possibility of taking charge of the party once again.
Right now the BJP has kept the issue of Prime Ministerial candidate on the backburner as the entire BJP force is being applied to win the Gujarat elections. Voting will be held in two phases on December 13 and 17 and results will be declared on December 20. Modi is contesting from the Maninagar seat in Ahmedabad and faces suspended top police officer Sanjiv Bhatt's wife Shweta Bhatt of the Congress. Mr Modi has been winning from the seat since 2002.
But not everybody in the NDA want Narendra Modi to be projected as prime minister, Bihar chief minister Nitish Kumar had made a strong pitch for a "secular" prime ministerial candidate for NDA.
On September ,Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray had endorsed Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj as the only leader in the ally BJP who would make a "deserving" Prime Minister.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Megastar Amitabh Bachchan will not host the celebration of the second anniversary of the N
- Arijit Singh apology to Sultan star Salman Khan, pleading to retain his song; deletes it later
- When Salman Khan was in tears while shooting for 'Sultan'
- Stars wish Karan Johar on birthday
- Why Arijit deletes his apology letter to Salman
- Watch: salman Khan film sultan trailer released
- Aamir Khan, McKellen discuss Shakespeare at MAMI Film Club launch
- This is how Ranbir will seduce Aishwarya in Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- Yes, Virat Kohli and Anushka are back
While playing with your pooch at home helps evoke love and compassion in you, researchers
The 'World's Ugliest Dog' won a Hero Award for helping people with disabilities
Bones of ancient, extinct species of bison uncovered
Hundreds witness Mercury transit in Delhi, scientists in Srinagar disappointed
Leading astronomers to see 'Transit of Mercury' from Srinagar
Video: Man showed private parts in bus beaten by women
Chinese smartphone manufacturer Coolpad on Friday launched a new smartphone that comes wit