- Pics: How America elects its president ?Tips to dress your best this festive seasonYou look your best when you work with Karan Johar, says AnushkaDIY tips to light up your home for DiwaliMake a glitzy style statement on DiwaliWays to stay healthy during DiwaliManage diabetes and enjoy DiwaliKJo run-ins with political parties’ every-time before releaseKaran wanted more intimate scenes but I controlled: AishwaryaSRK, Gauri celebrate 25 years of marriage
Legendary footballers Pele, Diego Maradona and Franz Beckenbauer led the tributes for Braz
Sushma Swaraj endorses Narendra Modi as PM candidate Last Updated : 02 Dec 2012 11:16:36 AM IST Sushma endorses Narendra Modi as PM candidate
Senior BJP leader Sushma Swaraj has sorted out the leadership issue in BJP ahead of the 2014 general elections by saying that Narendra Modi is fit to become the Prime Minister of the country.
Campaigning for the upcoming Gujarat elections in Vadodara, senior BJP leader Sushma Swaraj came out in open support for Chief Minister Narendra Modi as a potential prime ministerial candidate for the next general elections. "There are no boundaries for the post of Prime Minister. I feel Narendra Modi is capable to become the next PM and I have no doubts about it. He is both capable and suitable for holding the PM's post," Swaraj said
"BJP will make a hat-trick by winning the Gujarat assembly elections for the third time in a row," Swaraj said.She also said that "Congress will be defeated in the parliamentary election scheduled to be held in 2014".
By endorsing Modi as the best choice for PM's candidate ,Sushma has sorted out the tussle of leadership in BJP as everybody was guessing who is the face of the BJP - Narendra Modi, Arun Jaitely, Sushma Swaraj, Nitin Gadkari or the now-almost-forgotten LK Advani?
On his birthday Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader L.K. Advani said he is not a contender for the prime minister’s post, but he did not rule out the possibility of taking charge of the party once again.
Right now the BJP has kept the issue of Prime Ministerial candidate on the backburner as the entire BJP force is being applied to win the Gujarat elections. Voting will be held in two phases on December 13 and 17 and results will be declared on December 20. Modi is contesting from the Maninagar seat in Ahmedabad and faces suspended top police officer Sanjiv Bhatt's wife Shweta Bhatt of the Congress. Mr Modi has been winning from the seat since 2002.
But not everybody in the NDA want Narendra Modi to be projected as prime minister, Bihar chief minister Nitish Kumar had made a strong pitch for a "secular" prime ministerial candidate for NDA.
On September ,Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray had endorsed Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj as the only leader in the ally BJP who would make a "deserving" Prime Minister.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Sarod maestro Amjad Ali Khan has joined the debate on the inclusion of Pakistani talent in
- You look your best when you work with Karan Johar, says Anushka
- SRK lends support to beautifying Bandstand Promenade
- 'Kaabil' trailer preview
- Salman Khan's bodyguard booked for assault
- 'Kahaani 2' trailer leaves a strong impact
- Filmmaking has become a business: Jaya Bachchan
- VOOT to bring exclusive content from 'Bigg Boss' house
- Pak artistes may not attend Goa arts festival
An Indonesian court on Tuesday sentenced a 70-year-old Australian man to 15 years in pri
Bharti Airtel on Wednesday launched an affordable 10-day validity pack for international r