- Turn to tea tree oil for glowing skinBig B is hopeful, things will change post 'Pink'Priyanka Chopra found it 'weird' to audition for 'Quantico'Famous bold lip-locks of B-town divas we can never forgetBeing a celebrity isn't a piece of cake: Raveena TandonHow R Ashwin charted course for India's victory in Kanpur TestI've lived an unpredictable life: Nimrat KaurKatrina shares her look from 'Jagga Jasoos'I fear getting complacent in showbiz: Kalki KoechlinDance respected and accepted as career option today: Geeta Kapur
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday congratulated Indian medallists at the recently-hel
Sushma Swaraj endorses Narendra Modi as PM candidate Last Updated : 02 Dec 2012 11:16:36 AM IST Sushma endorses Narendra Modi as PM candidate
Senior BJP leader Sushma Swaraj has sorted out the leadership issue in BJP ahead of the 2014 general elections by saying that Narendra Modi is fit to become the Prime Minister of the country.
Campaigning for the upcoming Gujarat elections in Vadodara, senior BJP leader Sushma Swaraj came out in open support for Chief Minister Narendra Modi as a potential prime ministerial candidate for the next general elections. "There are no boundaries for the post of Prime Minister. I feel Narendra Modi is capable to become the next PM and I have no doubts about it. He is both capable and suitable for holding the PM's post," Swaraj said
"BJP will make a hat-trick by winning the Gujarat assembly elections for the third time in a row," Swaraj said.She also said that "Congress will be defeated in the parliamentary election scheduled to be held in 2014".
By endorsing Modi as the best choice for PM's candidate ,Sushma has sorted out the tussle of leadership in BJP as everybody was guessing who is the face of the BJP - Narendra Modi, Arun Jaitely, Sushma Swaraj, Nitin Gadkari or the now-almost-forgotten LK Advani?
On his birthday Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader L.K. Advani said he is not a contender for the prime minister’s post, but he did not rule out the possibility of taking charge of the party once again.
Right now the BJP has kept the issue of Prime Ministerial candidate on the backburner as the entire BJP force is being applied to win the Gujarat elections. Voting will be held in two phases on December 13 and 17 and results will be declared on December 20. Modi is contesting from the Maninagar seat in Ahmedabad and faces suspended top police officer Sanjiv Bhatt's wife Shweta Bhatt of the Congress. Mr Modi has been winning from the seat since 2002.
But not everybody in the NDA want Narendra Modi to be projected as prime minister, Bihar chief minister Nitish Kumar had made a strong pitch for a "secular" prime ministerial candidate for NDA.
On September ,Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray had endorsed Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj as the only leader in the ally BJP who would make a "deserving" Prime Minister.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Neeraj Pandey plans to head out for a "long break" just two days before his latest 'baby',
- Priyanka Chopra found it 'weird' to audition for 'Quantico'
- Famous bold lip-locks of B-town divas we can never forget
- Being a celebrity isn't a piece of cake: Raveena Tandon
- Kailash Kher's latest video for Swachh Bharat!
- Musical tribute to Jagjit Singh by 'Tum Bin 2' makers
- Salman gets inspired from Indiana Jones
- I've lived an unpredictable life: Nimrat Kaur
- Chris Martin calls Katrina 'Katrina Kaif Kapoor'
Using state-of-the-art equipment, Australian researchers have managed to solve an 800-yea
With a focus on tech-savvy consumers who need compact machines with on-the-go printing f