- See Deepika-Ranbir pics when they were in loveRam Gopal Verma is happy that India lost the matchPICS:Modi, Satyarthi in greatest leaders list of FortuneTwitterati targets Anushka over Virat\'s poor showBajaj launches Pulsar RS 200Goa village bans kissing in publicWhy Ranbir Kapoor's father feels guilty?Was BCCI right in banning WAGS from meeting their spouses?Is Anushka the real reason for India losing the semi finals?Priyanka congratulates her 'Rival' Kangana!
Top-seeded Indian Grandmaster Koneru Humpy scored a fine positional victory overTingjei Le
PM's dinner fails to impress BJP over FDI Last Updated : 22 Nov 2012 11:18:47 PM IST Prime Minister Manmohan Singh addresses the media at Parliament House on the first day of its winter session in New Delhi on Thursday.
Manmohan Singh's dinner on Thursday for the BJP top brass failed to break the impasse over the FDI in retail issue with the opposition party insisting on a discussion in Parliament on it under provisions which entail voting.
The dinner was attended by BJP Parliamentary Party Chief L K Advani, Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj and her Rajya Sabha counterpart Arun Jaitley. Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kamal Nath and Finance Minister P Chidambaram were also present.
Sources said the dinner failed to break the logjam with BJP remaining adamant on its stand. This is likely to lead to disruptions and adjournments in Parliament tomorrow as well.
The government maintains that since the decision to allow 51 per cent FDI in multi-brand retail was taken through an executive order the issue can be discussed in Parliament but not put to vote.
But BJP and the Left parties, among others, are not convinced and are of the view that the government went back on its assurance given to both Houses of Parliament that a decision on FDI in retail would be taken only after talking to all stakeholders. They are insisting that the matter should be discussed and voted upon in Parliament.
FDI row: No breakthrough at PM's dinner for BJP leaders
The opposition senses an opportunity here to embarrass the government as UPA ally DMK as well as SP- which supports the dispensation from outside- have openly said that they are against FDI in retail.
SP and BSP, however, have adopted an ambivalent stand on whether the FDI debate should be put to vote.
The government will continue its efforts to end the deadlock next week through an all-party meeting scheduled for Monday to find a way out.
Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar had convened a meeting yesterday to bring the opposition and the government on board for smooth functioning of the House but the two sides stuck to their positions.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
They are no more a couple but once upon a time Deepika Padukone and Ranbir Kapoor were muc
- OMG! Shahid is marrying this year
- PICS:Ram Gopal Verma is happy that India lost the match
- Kim adopts new look
- Why Ranbir Kapoor's father feels guilty?
- Priyanka congratulates her 'Rival' Kangana!
- Are Sara Khan and Pratyusha Banerjee lesbians?
- Pics: seven hot kisses of Ranbir-Anushka in Bombay Velvet
- PICS:Nargis Fakhri looks Stunning in AsiaSpa cover
A video of a girl getting ready to have a bath is going viral on the internet.
Huawei's smartphone e-brand for digital natives, announced the first flash sale of its fla