- Katrina to shoot her sexiest item number everHappy Birthday sexy Gauahar KhanPics: Superhot Nargis Fakhri in ‘Desi Choli’Pics: Bollywood in Love despite their age differenceWhy is SRK following Big B blindlyKatrina heartbroken as Ranbir refuses to marry herKareena doing charity while holidaying in LondonChris Gayle's wild sideGauahar meets Kushal Tandon\'s parentsThis is why Aamir went nude for PK
Atletico Madrid won the Spanish Supercup 2-1 on aggregate following a 1-0 win over Real M
PM's dinner fails to impress BJP over FDI Last Updated : 22 Nov 2012 11:18:47 PM IST Prime Minister Manmohan Singh addresses the media at Parliament House on the first day of its winter session in New Delhi on Thursday.
Manmohan Singh's dinner on Thursday for the BJP top brass failed to break the impasse over the FDI in retail issue with the opposition party insisting on a discussion in Parliament on it under provisions which entail voting.
The dinner was attended by BJP Parliamentary Party Chief L K Advani, Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj and her Rajya Sabha counterpart Arun Jaitley. Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kamal Nath and Finance Minister P Chidambaram were also present.
Sources said the dinner failed to break the logjam with BJP remaining adamant on its stand. This is likely to lead to disruptions and adjournments in Parliament tomorrow as well.
The government maintains that since the decision to allow 51 per cent FDI in multi-brand retail was taken through an executive order the issue can be discussed in Parliament but not put to vote.
But BJP and the Left parties, among others, are not convinced and are of the view that the government went back on its assurance given to both Houses of Parliament that a decision on FDI in retail would be taken only after talking to all stakeholders. They are insisting that the matter should be discussed and voted upon in Parliament.
FDI row: No breakthrough at PM's dinner for BJP leaders
The opposition senses an opportunity here to embarrass the government as UPA ally DMK as well as SP- which supports the dispensation from outside- have openly said that they are against FDI in retail.
SP and BSP, however, have adopted an ambivalent stand on whether the FDI debate should be put to vote.
The government will continue its efforts to end the deadlock next week through an all-party meeting scheduled for Monday to find a way out.
Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar had convened a meeting yesterday to bring the opposition and the government on board for smooth functioning of the House but the two sides stuck to their positions.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Get ready to see Katrina Kaif in her sexiest avtaar ever.Katrina Kaif's sexiest avatar is
- Happy Birthday sexy Gauahar Khan
- Pics: Superhot Nargis Fakhri in ‘Desi Choli’
- 'Barfi' goes to Belgrade
- Pics: Bollywood in Love despite their age difference
- Why is SRK following Big B blindly
- Video: Sunny Leone clears ALS Ice Bucket challenge
- Humaima faints on set of 'Raja Natwarlal': Watch video
- Katrina heartbroken as Ranbir refuses to marry her
Kenneth Douglas had sexually abused 100 dead women over the period between 1976 and 1992.
Buyers are always on the lookout for the cheap and best and here are the best budget smart