- Richards knocks ICC for criticism of West IndiesDaughters are our continuity: Big BThings to keep in mind for laser hair reductionI can't live for awards: Kalki KoechlinWant to breathe clean air? Travel to Himachal's Kinnaur districtMovie Review BaaghiBipasha-Karan wedding celebrations begin'The Man Who Knew...' unravels the mystique of Ramanujan Rating: *****Divyanka Tripathi bags maximum honours at Star Parivaar Awards 2016Olympics: India clubbed with Germany in hockey Pool B
Indian star Saina Nehwal defeated World No.5 Shixian Wang of China to enter the women's si
Tewari takes dig at Trinamool Congress Last Updated : 22 Nov 2012 07:07:57 PM IST I&B Minister Manish Tewari addresses the media at Parliament on the first day of its winter session, in New Delhi on Thursday.
As Trinamool's bid to bring a no-confidence motion over FDI fizzled out in Lok Sabha, Union Minister Manish Tewari on Thursday took a dig at the former ally saying it was a "peculiar" situation as a 19-member party was trying to decide the "course of action" in the House.
"We have said this earlier also. Indeed it is very peculiar that a party of 19 MPs in the Lok Sabha is proposing such a course of action. It would be appropriate if they reflect upon the implication of their action," the Information and Broadcasting Minister told reporters outside Parliament.
Defending government's stand on the FDI issue, Tewari said, "After all the government has put in place an enabling frame work. If a state government does not want FDI in multi-brand retail, then they are free to do so. But then they should not interfere in other states for the larger public interest and consumer interest."
Asked whether government favours voting on FDI, he said presiding officers have to decide on it.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Latest pics of Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover’s mehendi: Shilpa Shetty, Sophie Choudry
- Daughters are our continuity: Big B
- I can't live for awards: Kalki Koechlin
- Movie Review Baaghi
- Salman will be able to add glamour to Rio: Ganguly
- Mamta, spouse under probe in narcotics racket
- Bipasha-Karan wedding celebrations begin
- Girls love my eyes: SRK
- 'The Man Who Knew...' unravels the mystique of Ramanujan Rating: *****
Is it true that fashion affects the personality? but it has certain tendency to achieve so
Remember Freedom 251 from ringing bells at just Rs 251 which soon became an smartphone of