- How to spend more time, less money during vacations!'Jack Reacher...': Tom Cruise's finest film in yearsIs it safe to eat chicken amidst this bird flu rumors?Arijit Singh re-dubs for song in 'Tum Bin 2'Movie Review: '31 October': Opens up wounds that never healedVarun Gandhi is a happily married man5 reasons why Shivaay will beat ADHMDiva's Karwa Chauth 2016Indian cricketers visit territorial army camp'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' experience recreated for fans
A FIFA delegation confirmed on Monday that the city will be one of the venues for the U-
Tewari takes dig at Trinamool Congress Last Updated : 22 Nov 2012 07:07:57 PM IST I&B Minister Manish Tewari addresses the media at Parliament on the first day of its winter session, in New Delhi on Thursday.
As Trinamool's bid to bring a no-confidence motion over FDI fizzled out in Lok Sabha, Union Minister Manish Tewari on Thursday took a dig at the former ally saying it was a "peculiar" situation as a 19-member party was trying to decide the "course of action" in the House.
"We have said this earlier also. Indeed it is very peculiar that a party of 19 MPs in the Lok Sabha is proposing such a course of action. It would be appropriate if they reflect upon the implication of their action," the Information and Broadcasting Minister told reporters outside Parliament.
Defending government's stand on the FDI issue, Tewari said, "After all the government has put in place an enabling frame work. If a state government does not want FDI in multi-brand retail, then they are free to do so. But then they should not interfere in other states for the larger public interest and consumer interest."
Asked whether government favours voting on FDI, he said presiding officers have to decide on it.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
It is interesting to see how Alia Bhatt's reputation as someone who gets trolled and is co
- My films have never made money: Vishal Bhardwaj
- Shoojit Sircar prefers football over filmmaking
- I was mesmerised by Aishwarya's persona: Anushka Sharma
- Shivaay: second trailer released
- Want my daughter to be proud of me: Shahid
- Shabana Azmi criticises Maharashtra CM
- First look of Baahubali 2 unvelied at MAMI
- I have not taken a penny for 'Shivaay': Ajay Devgn
Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Tejaswi Yadav has received 44,000 marriage proposals on a What
On October 23, 2001, Apple Co-Founder and former Chief Executive Steve Jobs unveiled iPod,