- Maruti to launch Ciaz, mini SUV soonStop erickshaws, HC tells Delhi govtList of forthcoming action moviesMeet Yuvraj\'s new lady loveOctopus has egg-brooding periodWhy are Salman's Muslim fans upset with him?Humaima goes bold in Raja Natwarlal, view picsMumtaz was in love with Shammi KapoorHottest star at CWG 2014Awesome Jacques Kallis retires
With three more Gold, India moved to fifth spot in the Commonwealth Games 2014 at Glasgow
Tewari takes dig at Trinamool Congress Last Updated : 22 Nov 2012 07:07:57 PM IST I&B Minister Manish Tewari addresses the media at Parliament on the first day of its winter session, in New Delhi on Thursday.
As Trinamool's bid to bring a no-confidence motion over FDI fizzled out in Lok Sabha, Union Minister Manish Tewari on Thursday took a dig at the former ally saying it was a "peculiar" situation as a 19-member party was trying to decide the "course of action" in the House.
"We have said this earlier also. Indeed it is very peculiar that a party of 19 MPs in the Lok Sabha is proposing such a course of action. It would be appropriate if they reflect upon the implication of their action," the Information and Broadcasting Minister told reporters outside Parliament.
Defending government's stand on the FDI issue, Tewari said, "After all the government has put in place an enabling frame work. If a state government does not want FDI in multi-brand retail, then they are free to do so. But then they should not interfere in other states for the larger public interest and consumer interest."
Asked whether government favours voting on FDI, he said presiding officers have to decide on it.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Meena Kumari,the legendary tragedy queen of Indian cinema continues to live deep into the
- SRK is 'king' of Bollywood: Salman Khan
- Oops! Kareena flaunts her assets, watch video
- Aamir Khan launches 'PK' motion poster: Watch now
- List of movies to be released in August 2014
- Watch Priyanka Chopra's Mary Kom song Ziddi Dil
- I am not friends with SRK: Ajay Devgn
- I have huge crush on Salman Khan: Humaima
- Aamir Khan's plan for 'PK' promotions
A naked man was walked on leash with something stuffed inside his anus
Tech giant Apple has reduced the price of its 13-inch non-Retina MacBook Pro by Rs 11,000.