- Pamela to launch photo bookWhy Karan Johar's loss will be YRF's gain?No, Sunny Leone-Daniel Weber not kicked out of their house!Kim Kardashian fires back on criticsSee what fun the cast of Dil Dhadkne Do has at Comedy Nights with KapilVideo+PICS: Aguilera mocked on Miley, Britney, ShakiraTanu Weds Manu Returns is a must watch movie, and here are the reasonsWas Aishwarya Rai uncomfortable in this gown at Cannes 2015?Akshay Kumar to launch his clothing lineVote for Aishwarya\'s best gown in cannes 2015
The president of Italy's amateur footall federation, Felice Belloli, was sacked from his p
MP Guv, CM, other State leaders condole death of Thackeray Last Updated : 18 Nov 2012 01:43:03 PM IST MP Guv, CM, other State leaders condole death of Thackeray
Madhya Pradesh Governor Ram Naresh Yadav and Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan have expressed deep sorrow over the passing away of Shiv Sena Supremo Bal Thackeray in Mumbai .
Political leaders cutting across the party lines paid rich tributes to the Shiv Sena founder Bal Thackeray who passed away in Mumbai on Saturday afternoon.
Yadav described Thackeray as "a vocal nationalist who devoted his life for the conservation and honour of Indian culture and traditions," official sources said today.
Terming the demise of Thackeray as an irreparable loss,Chouhan said in his condolence message that an era has ended with the passing away of a true nationalist leader who had a multi-faceted personality.
He (Thackeray) was a patriot and a vocal supporter of the nationalist thought, Chouhan said.Madhya Pradesh Culture Minister Laxmikant Sharma also condoled the death of Thackeray.Chouhan is in Mumbai to take part in the last rites of Thackeray.
Lakhs of people converged since early Sunday as Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray's final journey started from his residence Matoshri in suburban Bandra.
Wrapped in the tricolour, Thackeray's body was brought out of his house a little after 9 a.m. His son, Uddhav, broke down just before the funeral procession started. A glass box carrying the 86-year-old Sena patriarch's body was then loaded onto a flower bedecked truck.
Uddhav, his wife Rashmi and son Aditya were on the same truck, along with Thackeray's nephew and Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj, his wife Sharmila and their children.
Thackeray's cortege will first go to Sena Bhavan, the party headquarters in Dadar, and the body would later be kept at Shivaji Park for people to pay their last respects.
The President Pranab Mukherjee, while condoling the demise of Thackeray, said that the nation has lost a veteran leader who worked to help the common man.
The President in his condolence letter to Thackeray’s son Uddhav noted that he was “extremely sad to learn about the passing away” of Balasaheb Thackeray. “Shri Thackeray’s passing away is a loss for the people of Maharashtra and India. His contributions in the field of media added a different perspective to the political discourse,” Mr Mukherjee stated in his letter.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Former "Baywatch" actress Pamela Anderson is all set to release her new photo and prose bo
- Why Karan Johar's loss will be YRF's gain?
- No, Sunny Leone-Daniel Weber not kicked out of their house!
- SRK discharged from hospital after knee surgery
- PICS:Kim Kardashian fires back on critics
- See what fun the cast of Dil Dhadkne Do has at Comedy Nights with Kapil
- Video+PICS: Aguilera mocked on Miley, Britney, Shakira
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns is a must watch movie, and here are the reasons
- OMG! Salman Khan's Dubsmash with Sonakshi is hilarious
In an unprecedented move, a woman here has placed a matrimonial advertisement in a newspap
Indian conglomerate Essar Group today said it is no longer interested in buying Nokia's Ch