- Why Shraddha uncomfortable in kissing Emraan HashmiLava from Hawaii\'s Kilauea Volcano advancing,evacuation to beginHow Aaradhya Bachchan celebrated Diwali with familyAnushka and Virat spotted together againAamir Khan\'s special for Sanjay DuttNathuram Godse should have killed Nehru, not GandhiThunderous response to Shah Rukh Khan\'s Happy New Year:Rs 44.97 crore on Day 1Amitabh\'s Jalsa turns star studded this DiwaliDeepika challenges Sunny Leone\'Diwali\' celebrations in pics
Provisionally suspended she might be but Indian boxer L Sarita Devi has not given up hop
MP Guv, CM, other State leaders condole death of Thackeray Last Updated : 18 Nov 2012 01:43:03 PM IST MP Guv, CM, other State leaders condole death of Thackeray
Madhya Pradesh Governor Ram Naresh Yadav and Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan have expressed deep sorrow over the passing away of Shiv Sena Supremo Bal Thackeray in Mumbai .
Political leaders cutting across the party lines paid rich tributes to the Shiv Sena founder Bal Thackeray who passed away in Mumbai on Saturday afternoon.
Yadav described Thackeray as "a vocal nationalist who devoted his life for the conservation and honour of Indian culture and traditions," official sources said today.
Terming the demise of Thackeray as an irreparable loss,Chouhan said in his condolence message that an era has ended with the passing away of a true nationalist leader who had a multi-faceted personality.
He (Thackeray) was a patriot and a vocal supporter of the nationalist thought, Chouhan said.Madhya Pradesh Culture Minister Laxmikant Sharma also condoled the death of Thackeray.Chouhan is in Mumbai to take part in the last rites of Thackeray.
Lakhs of people converged since early Sunday as Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray's final journey started from his residence Matoshri in suburban Bandra.
Wrapped in the tricolour, Thackeray's body was brought out of his house a little after 9 a.m. His son, Uddhav, broke down just before the funeral procession started. A glass box carrying the 86-year-old Sena patriarch's body was then loaded onto a flower bedecked truck.
Uddhav, his wife Rashmi and son Aditya were on the same truck, along with Thackeray's nephew and Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj, his wife Sharmila and their children.
Thackeray's cortege will first go to Sena Bhavan, the party headquarters in Dadar, and the body would later be kept at Shivaji Park for people to pay their last respects.
The President Pranab Mukherjee, while condoling the demise of Thackeray, said that the nation has lost a veteran leader who worked to help the common man.
The President in his condolence letter to Thackeray’s son Uddhav noted that he was “extremely sad to learn about the passing away” of Balasaheb Thackeray. “Shri Thackeray’s passing away is a loss for the people of Maharashtra and India. His contributions in the field of media added a different perspective to the political discourse,” Mr Mukherjee stated in his letter.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood actress Shraddha Kapoor is feeling uncomfortable shooting an item number for 'Un
- How Aaradhya Bachchan celebrated Diwali with family
- Sadashiv Amrapurkar critically ill
- Anushka and Virat spotted together again
- Katie Price wants to sell breast implants to fan
- Rajinikanth first look in ‘Lingaa’
- We will never remake 'Awara': Randhir Kapoor
- Lindsay Lohan gets upset when asked about imprisonment
- Madonna's memorabilia collection to go on sale
Country's first fish hospital to treat abnormalities and diseases in them is set to come u
Korean handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its most expensive device in the country