- PICS : Gritty Indian sportswomenGulaab Gang is all about Women EmpowermentIndia one of most dangerous countries to liveWomen’s day special: Bollywood’s top six powerful beautiesPICS: Siddharth romancing Kohli\'s exPICS: When celebs talk sex, virginity and one-night standSussanne sports a new tattooKareena goes floral for VogueHot photo shoot for \'Kamasutra 3D\'Is virginity an issue?
Brazil's Felipe Massa is looking forward to reigniting his Formula One career with William
Govt ready for discussion on FDI Last Updated : 16 Nov 2012 11:47:51 PM IST PM Manmohan SIngh to host dinner for UPA leaders
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Friday night hosted a dinner for UPA leaders where DMK is understood to have insisted that government should avoid voting in Parliament on FDI in retail, making clear its reservation on the issue.
With this in mind, government is likely to propose to BJP a discussion on FDI in Parliament under rule 193 which does not entail voting.
Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar has convened an all-party meeting on November 21, a day before the Winter Session of Parliament starts, to discuss pressing issues.
Sources said that during the dinner meeting, DMK, the second largest group in UPA with its 18 MPs in Lok Sabha, has asked the government to avoid voting in Parliament on the crucial FDI issue.
The dinner for UPA leaders was aimed at firming up a joint strategy on various issues, including FDI in retail, which are likely to be raked by the Opposition in Parliament.
Govt ready for discussion on FDI in Par without voting:
Leader of Lok Sabha and Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde briefed the allies about the notices that have been given by various parties under different rules.
Singh's dinner comes close on the heels of his similar interactions with leaders of crucial outside supporters Samajwadi Party and BSP. He hosted dinner for SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav and his son Akhilesh last week and followed it with lunch for BSP chief Mayawati on Sunday.
There is a view within the government that no business could be transacted on the first two days of the Winter Session of Parliament starting November 22, but it is hopeful that some solution will be found out and Parliament can have normal functioning from the following week.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Sunny leone's most anticipated horror look is finally revealed.The star is donning a very
- Arjun Kapoor: Meet the new serial kisser of B-town
- Gulaab Gang is all about Women Empowerment
- OMG! Siddharth Mallya shoves his hand inside Kat’s top
- Elli Avram staying in Salman's house!
- Women’s day special: Bollywood’s top six powerful beauties
- Amitabh Bachchan was in love with Waheeda Rehman
- PICS: Siddharth romancing Kohli's ex
- Ranveer Singh thinks politics is dirty
You must hae heard about the mating rituals of endemic species Albatross. But you never wa
Nokia's android-based 'Nokia X' will be available in India from March 15 and has been pric