- Lamborghini sports car Huracan in IndiaHuma Qureshi flaunts ample cleavage, view picsShocking Bollywood picturesNo wedding bells for Armaan, TanishaaMahesh Babu's 'Aagadu' beats Salman's 'Kick'Shahid saves Shraddha oops moment?OMG! This woman has three breastsKapil Sharma romancing former Bigg Boss contestant Elli AvramKim Kardashian reportedly making cameoAkshay Kumar movie The Shaukeens behind the scenes images
Set to start his stint as manager-cum-player of Chennaiyin FC, Italian World Cup winner M
Govt ready for discussion on FDI Last Updated : 16 Nov 2012 11:47:51 PM IST PM Manmohan SIngh to host dinner for UPA leaders
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Friday night hosted a dinner for UPA leaders where DMK is understood to have insisted that government should avoid voting in Parliament on FDI in retail, making clear its reservation on the issue.
With this in mind, government is likely to propose to BJP a discussion on FDI in Parliament under rule 193 which does not entail voting.
Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar has convened an all-party meeting on November 21, a day before the Winter Session of Parliament starts, to discuss pressing issues.
Sources said that during the dinner meeting, DMK, the second largest group in UPA with its 18 MPs in Lok Sabha, has asked the government to avoid voting in Parliament on the crucial FDI issue.
The dinner for UPA leaders was aimed at firming up a joint strategy on various issues, including FDI in retail, which are likely to be raked by the Opposition in Parliament.
Govt ready for discussion on FDI in Par without voting:
Leader of Lok Sabha and Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde briefed the allies about the notices that have been given by various parties under different rules.
Singh's dinner comes close on the heels of his similar interactions with leaders of crucial outside supporters Samajwadi Party and BSP. He hosted dinner for SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav and his son Akhilesh last week and followed it with lunch for BSP chief Mayawati on Sunday.
There is a view within the government that no business could be transacted on the first two days of the Winter Session of Parliament starting November 22, but it is hopeful that some solution will be found out and Parliament can have normal functioning from the following week.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
'Khoobsurat' actress Sonam Kapoor claimed that she has Pakistani blood in veins.
- Daawat-e-Ishq gives tough fight to Khoobsurat at BO
- Priyanka performs handstand for Hrithik
- Huma Qureshi flaunts ample cleavage, view pics
- Shocking Bollywood pictures
- 'Ungli' first motion poster released: Watch now
- No wedding bells for Armaan, Tanishaa
- Mahesh Babu's 'Aagadu' beats Salman's 'Kick'
- Shahid saves Shraddha oops moment?
An 21 years-old American Jasmine Tridevil claims that she had plastic surgery to create a
Samsung will be launching its Tizen phones in india soon to boost falling sales.