- South Korean ferry TragedyCricketer Umar Akmal wedding picsShruti Haasan flaunts ample cleavage, view picsBollywood's leading men with new actressesStars at Bombay Velvet wrap-up partySadhna spends time playing cards in clubsRoyals eclipse the SunrisersRevealed: Personal lives of Bollywood kidsHeiress to Reliance empire joins McKinseyPICS : Get to Know Alia Bhatt
David Ferrer produced a major upset at the Monte Carlo Masters as the persistent Spaniard
Govt ready for discussion on FDI Last Updated : 16 Nov 2012 11:47:51 PM IST PM Manmohan SIngh to host dinner for UPA leaders
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Friday night hosted a dinner for UPA leaders where DMK is understood to have insisted that government should avoid voting in Parliament on FDI in retail, making clear its reservation on the issue.
With this in mind, government is likely to propose to BJP a discussion on FDI in Parliament under rule 193 which does not entail voting.
Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar has convened an all-party meeting on November 21, a day before the Winter Session of Parliament starts, to discuss pressing issues.
Sources said that during the dinner meeting, DMK, the second largest group in UPA with its 18 MPs in Lok Sabha, has asked the government to avoid voting in Parliament on the crucial FDI issue.
The dinner for UPA leaders was aimed at firming up a joint strategy on various issues, including FDI in retail, which are likely to be raked by the Opposition in Parliament.
Govt ready for discussion on FDI in Par without voting:
Leader of Lok Sabha and Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde briefed the allies about the notices that have been given by various parties under different rules.
Singh's dinner comes close on the heels of his similar interactions with leaders of crucial outside supporters Samajwadi Party and BSP. He hosted dinner for SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav and his son Akhilesh last week and followed it with lunch for BSP chief Mayawati on Sunday.
There is a view within the government that no business could be transacted on the first two days of the Winter Session of Parliament starting November 22, but it is hopeful that some solution will be found out and Parliament can have normal functioning from the following week.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Subhash Ghai's "Kaanchi " will infuse the patriotism feeling in the Indian youth as this
- Kate Middleton baywatch moments
- Fire breaks out on sets of 'Singham 2'
- Ranbir-Katrina's new love nest!
- Shruti Haasan flaunts ample cleavage, view pics
- Bollywood's leading men with new actresses
- 2 States gets bumper opening, collects Rs 10.9 cr
- OMG! Deepika's bodyguards enter ladies loo
- Stars at Bombay Velvet wrap-up party
The new craze sweeping around the globe is naked yoga in the latest of fitness trends this
Taiwanese technology firm Asus has launched dual SIM tablet Fonepad 7 in India.