- ‘You can never win from media’IIFA:Sonakshi Sinha stuns everyone with her new lookMithun Chakroborty a Naxalite?OMG! Arjun Kapoor wants to marry Ranveer when the law changesMadhuri Dixit gets legal notice for asking people to eat MaggiDharmendra is fit and fine: Esha DeolDance-based films are a necessity: HrithikSee Abram first photoshootOmg! Deepika did not invite Amitabh bachchan to piku success party.Is Kangana making Alia, Deepika and Priyanka insured?
Russian Sports Minister Vitaly Mutko said today he was pleased by Sepp Blatter's reelecti
Govt ready for discussion on FDI Last Updated : 16 Nov 2012 11:47:51 PM IST PM Manmohan SIngh to host dinner for UPA leaders
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Friday night hosted a dinner for UPA leaders where DMK is understood to have insisted that government should avoid voting in Parliament on FDI in retail, making clear its reservation on the issue.
With this in mind, government is likely to propose to BJP a discussion on FDI in Parliament under rule 193 which does not entail voting.
Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar has convened an all-party meeting on November 21, a day before the Winter Session of Parliament starts, to discuss pressing issues.
Sources said that during the dinner meeting, DMK, the second largest group in UPA with its 18 MPs in Lok Sabha, has asked the government to avoid voting in Parliament on the crucial FDI issue.
The dinner for UPA leaders was aimed at firming up a joint strategy on various issues, including FDI in retail, which are likely to be raked by the Opposition in Parliament.
Govt ready for discussion on FDI in Par without voting:
Leader of Lok Sabha and Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde briefed the allies about the notices that have been given by various parties under different rules.
Singh's dinner comes close on the heels of his similar interactions with leaders of crucial outside supporters Samajwadi Party and BSP. He hosted dinner for SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav and his son Akhilesh last week and followed it with lunch for BSP chief Mayawati on Sunday.
There is a view within the government that no business could be transacted on the first two days of the Winter Session of Parliament starting November 22, but it is hopeful that some solution will be found out and Parliament can have normal functioning from the following week.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Gorgeous actress Alia Bhatt was stunned when someone directly asked her mother Soni Razdan
- Interesting facts about Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan'
- List of Kangana Ranaut's boyfriends
- Dharmendra discharged from hospital, surgery postponed
- Is Rakhi obsessed with Sunny Leone? said, 'Leela ko geela kar dungi'
- Ranveer's lady love feels proud of him!
- Didn't do '50 Shades' because of nudity
- PICS:‘You can never win from media’
- IIFA:Sonakshi Sinha stuns everyone with her new look
Flight delays can make passengers grumpy but not when the pilot orders pizzas for them as
Announcing its India foray, Chinese handset maker Coolpad today said it will set up an ass