- Why these B-Wood celebs did not attend Arpita Khan\'s receptionAamir and Deepika in Karan Johar film?SRK, Salman candid moments at Arpita's wedding receptionSRK dances on 'Chaiyya Chaiyya' with Salman at Arpita's receptionCondoms, pregnancy test kit, rifles found in Rampal's AashramPoonam Pandey to endorse breast creamAamir, SRK and Salman together at same stageReview in pics of \'Happy Ending\'What is Salman Khan doing at his sister\'s feet?Kim Kardashian wants daughter to pose nude
Fance's pole vault world record holder Renaud Lavillenie and New Zealand's unstoppable sh
Tributes to Hazarika on first death anniversary Last Updated : 05 Nov 2012 07:52:37 PM IST Tez Hazarika paying tributes to his father music maestro Bhupen Hazarika on his first death anniversary in Guwahati on Monday.
Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi, paying his respects to the maestro at his samadhi (cremation ground) at the Gauhati University campus here, said that "as long as the mighty Brahmaputra flows, the maestro's music will continue to reverberate."
Later, addressing another memorial meet at the Latasil Field here, the chief minister said Hazarika would continue to inspire people, especially youths, for generations to come through his rich musical legacy.
The chief minister also attended a prayer meet at Hazarika's residence in Nizarapar area here where noted filmmamker and his companion of 35 years Kalpana Lajmi was present.
Prayer and memorial meetings were organised across the state where people from all walks of life gathered to pay musical tributes to the late musician.
In Golaghat district, more than ten thousand people from different walks of life, social and cultural organisations gathered to sing the maestro's popular number 'Manuhe Manuher babe' as a tribute to him.
Hazarika's statue, along with those of two other cultural giants of the state, first Assamese filmmaker Jyoti Prasad Agarwala and revolutionary singer and artist Bishnu Prasad Rabha, was also unveiled at Golaghat.
Kalpana Lajmi would also be felicitated for the first time in Assam at a public function in Golaghat tomorrow as a recognition of her contribution to his life.
Hazarika's son Tez and his estranged wife Priyamvada Patel Hazarika, who arrived here from Canada earlier, had performed the annual 'sradh' according to the Hindu calendar on October 25 last.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
we tell you who were the Bollywood stars whose absence created speculations
- I love coming to India: Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Aamir and Deepika in Karan Johar film?
- SRK, Salman candid moments at Arpita's wedding reception
- Rajinikanth skips Kochadaiyaan's screening at IFFI
- Why Aamir Khan missed Arpita's wedding reception
- SRK dances on 'Chaiyya Chaiyya' with Salman at Arpita's reception
- Ranbir happy Salman called Katrina Mrs Kapoor
- Deepika named Katrin as talented star
A video of young elephant fighting with 14 lions has gone viral on You Tube.
Nokia is not going to give up easily as the company has now come up with a new tablet.