- PICS: Maria Sharapova\'s tips for men\'s tennisGauhar takes care of Kushal at hospitalTrending videos in IndiaSalman will donate spermWomen who matter in Indian politicsMiley and Katy catfight after kissPICS : Gritty Indian sportswomenGulaab Gang is all about Women EmpowermentIndia one of most dangerous countries to liveWomen’s day special: Bollywood’s top six powerful beauties
To lengthen careers, men's tennis should have three sets like women's feels Maria Sharapov
Tributes to Hazarika on first death anniversary Last Updated : 05 Nov 2012 07:52:37 PM IST Tez Hazarika paying tributes to his father music maestro Bhupen Hazarika on his first death anniversary in Guwahati on Monday.
Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi, paying his respects to the maestro at his samadhi (cremation ground) at the Gauhati University campus here, said that "as long as the mighty Brahmaputra flows, the maestro's music will continue to reverberate."
Later, addressing another memorial meet at the Latasil Field here, the chief minister said Hazarika would continue to inspire people, especially youths, for generations to come through his rich musical legacy.
The chief minister also attended a prayer meet at Hazarika's residence in Nizarapar area here where noted filmmamker and his companion of 35 years Kalpana Lajmi was present.
Prayer and memorial meetings were organised across the state where people from all walks of life gathered to pay musical tributes to the late musician.
In Golaghat district, more than ten thousand people from different walks of life, social and cultural organisations gathered to sing the maestro's popular number 'Manuhe Manuher babe' as a tribute to him.
Hazarika's statue, along with those of two other cultural giants of the state, first Assamese filmmaker Jyoti Prasad Agarwala and revolutionary singer and artist Bishnu Prasad Rabha, was also unveiled at Golaghat.
Kalpana Lajmi would also be felicitated for the first time in Assam at a public function in Golaghat tomorrow as a recognition of her contribution to his life.
Hazarika's son Tez and his estranged wife Priyamvada Patel Hazarika, who arrived here from Canada earlier, had performed the annual 'sradh' according to the Hindu calendar on October 25 last.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood actress Juhi Chawla's brother Bobby Chawla passed away at Jaslok Hospital in Mum
- Raagini Makkar and Naadyog wins 'India's Got Talent 5'
- Relationship makes Deepika complete
- Video: Sunny Leone shoots for 'Orgasm' scene
- Gauhar takes care of Kushal at hospital
- Salman, Iulia in live-in relationship
- Salman will donate sperm
- Miley and Katy catfight after kiss
- OMG!!! Sunny Leone looks scary
You must hae heard about the mating rituals of endemic species Albatross. But you never wa
Nokia's android-based 'Nokia X' will be available in India from March 15 and has been pric