- This is how Aishwarya lost weightFive worst films in last five years\'Kick\' to break \'Jai Ho\' recordsEid Mubarak wallpapers and imagesHumaima Malik liked kissing Raja Natwarlal costar Emraan Hashmi5 unknown facts of Jacqueline FernandezPics: Salman Khan will never get married; find out whyThese Bollywood actors turned singers for their moviesSalman paints without sleep for JacquelineBipasha insults Chitrangada
Indian shooter Mohd Asab has bagged the bronze medal in men's double trap event at the 2
Tributes to Hazarika on first death anniversary Last Updated : 05 Nov 2012 07:52:37 PM IST Tez Hazarika paying tributes to his father music maestro Bhupen Hazarika on his first death anniversary in Guwahati on Monday.
Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi, paying his respects to the maestro at his samadhi (cremation ground) at the Gauhati University campus here, said that "as long as the mighty Brahmaputra flows, the maestro's music will continue to reverberate."
Later, addressing another memorial meet at the Latasil Field here, the chief minister said Hazarika would continue to inspire people, especially youths, for generations to come through his rich musical legacy.
The chief minister also attended a prayer meet at Hazarika's residence in Nizarapar area here where noted filmmamker and his companion of 35 years Kalpana Lajmi was present.
Prayer and memorial meetings were organised across the state where people from all walks of life gathered to pay musical tributes to the late musician.
In Golaghat district, more than ten thousand people from different walks of life, social and cultural organisations gathered to sing the maestro's popular number 'Manuhe Manuher babe' as a tribute to him.
Hazarika's statue, along with those of two other cultural giants of the state, first Assamese filmmaker Jyoti Prasad Agarwala and revolutionary singer and artist Bishnu Prasad Rabha, was also unveiled at Golaghat.
Kalpana Lajmi would also be felicitated for the first time in Assam at a public function in Golaghat tomorrow as a recognition of her contribution to his life.
Hazarika's son Tez and his estranged wife Priyamvada Patel Hazarika, who arrived here from Canada earlier, had performed the annual 'sradh' according to the Hindu calendar on October 25 last.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Muslim festival of Eid-ul-Fitr will be celebrated in India on Tuesday, 29 July but as the
- SRK posts Slam: The Tour teaser
- This is how Aishwarya lost weight
- Five worst films in last five years
- 'Kick' to break 'Jai Ho' records
- Humaima Malik liked kissing Raja Natwarlal costar Emraan Hashmi
- 5 unknown facts of Jacqueline Fernandez
- Pics: Salman Khan will never get married; find out why
- Bollywood Star power support for Pro Kabaddi League
With a string of harrowing incidents that have left the nation enraged, parents have been
Handset maker Oplus Technologies has launched its smartphone, XonPhone 5 in the Indian mar