- PICS: Ye hai Bombay meri jaan! Listen songWhy Salman missed Arpita's house warming partySonam most stylish celebrity in Bollywood: RodricksPriyanka turns brand ambassador of UnnatiTanisha not afraid to \'Go Pink\'PICS of new BMW carsMovies to watch in December 2014Vegetarian delicacies at SAARC retreatTMC members wear black shawl in LSVeena Malik: Queen of controversies
Upbeat over winning the China Open title and moving up to the fourth spot in the latest BW
Tributes to Hazarika on first death anniversary Last Updated : 05 Nov 2012 07:52:37 PM IST Tez Hazarika paying tributes to his father music maestro Bhupen Hazarika on his first death anniversary in Guwahati on Monday.
Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi, paying his respects to the maestro at his samadhi (cremation ground) at the Gauhati University campus here, said that "as long as the mighty Brahmaputra flows, the maestro's music will continue to reverberate."
Later, addressing another memorial meet at the Latasil Field here, the chief minister said Hazarika would continue to inspire people, especially youths, for generations to come through his rich musical legacy.
The chief minister also attended a prayer meet at Hazarika's residence in Nizarapar area here where noted filmmamker and his companion of 35 years Kalpana Lajmi was present.
Prayer and memorial meetings were organised across the state where people from all walks of life gathered to pay musical tributes to the late musician.
In Golaghat district, more than ten thousand people from different walks of life, social and cultural organisations gathered to sing the maestro's popular number 'Manuhe Manuher babe' as a tribute to him.
Hazarika's statue, along with those of two other cultural giants of the state, first Assamese filmmaker Jyoti Prasad Agarwala and revolutionary singer and artist Bishnu Prasad Rabha, was also unveiled at Golaghat.
Kalpana Lajmi would also be felicitated for the first time in Assam at a public function in Golaghat tomorrow as a recognition of her contribution to his life.
Hazarika's son Tez and his estranged wife Priyamvada Patel Hazarika, who arrived here from Canada earlier, had performed the annual 'sradh' according to the Hindu calendar on October 25 last.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Director Pankaj Thakur has made a brilliant piece of ducumantry on drunk and driving titl
- Sonam turns sporty bride for 'Dolly Ki Doli'
- Arts and crafts channel for children
- Why Salman missed Arpita's house warming party
- Sonam most stylish celebrity in Bollywood: Rodricks
- Veena Malik shocked over her conviction
- Priyanka turns brand ambassador of Unnati
- Tanisha not afraid to 'Go Pink'
- Movies to watch in December 2014
A video of young elephant fighting with 14 lions has gone viral on You Tube.
Tablet sales in the country grew by 10 per cent to about 940,000 units in July-September