- Andamans gets a leg-up to showcase heritageFIRST LOOK: Varun, Alia in 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania'Care for your hair in simple steps this summer!Uttarakhand turns to trekking to boost tourist footfalls'DDLJ' is Bollywood's most evergreen love story: SurveySteps to buy sunglassesGo the foreign way while munching French friesBaaghi collects 35 crores in opening weekendBipasha shares her 'monkey wedding' picsBig B gets inspiration from fans' love
To ensure immediate recognition to the Olympic medallists, the Sports Ministry on Tuesday
Tributes to Hazarika on first death anniversary Last Updated : 05 Nov 2012 07:52:37 PM IST Tez Hazarika paying tributes to his father music maestro Bhupen Hazarika on his first death anniversary in Guwahati on Monday.
Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi, paying his respects to the maestro at his samadhi (cremation ground) at the Gauhati University campus here, said that "as long as the mighty Brahmaputra flows, the maestro's music will continue to reverberate."
Later, addressing another memorial meet at the Latasil Field here, the chief minister said Hazarika would continue to inspire people, especially youths, for generations to come through his rich musical legacy.
The chief minister also attended a prayer meet at Hazarika's residence in Nizarapar area here where noted filmmamker and his companion of 35 years Kalpana Lajmi was present.
Prayer and memorial meetings were organised across the state where people from all walks of life gathered to pay musical tributes to the late musician.
In Golaghat district, more than ten thousand people from different walks of life, social and cultural organisations gathered to sing the maestro's popular number 'Manuhe Manuher babe' as a tribute to him.
Hazarika's statue, along with those of two other cultural giants of the state, first Assamese filmmaker Jyoti Prasad Agarwala and revolutionary singer and artist Bishnu Prasad Rabha, was also unveiled at Golaghat.
Kalpana Lajmi would also be felicitated for the first time in Assam at a public function in Golaghat tomorrow as a recognition of her contribution to his life.
Hazarika's son Tez and his estranged wife Priyamvada Patel Hazarika, who arrived here from Canada earlier, had performed the annual 'sradh' according to the Hindu calendar on October 25 last.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Salman Khan and Anushka Sharma's film Sultan trailer released on Tuesday.
- Aamir Khan, McKellen discuss Shakespeare at MAMI Film Club launch
- This is how Ranbir will seduce Aishwarya in Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- Yes, Virat Kohli and Anushka are back
- See Sofia Hayat before she became a nun
- Media has dishonoured Iulia: Salman
- Sushmita celebrates 22 years of her Miss Universe win
- Kangana Ranaut attends VERO MODA store launch, unveils new line
- Ayushmann tries Chaplin-inspired look for 'Meri Pyaari Bindu'
While playing with your pooch at home helps evoke love and compassion in you, researchers
The 'World's Ugliest Dog' won a Hero Award for helping people with disabilities
Bones of ancient, extinct species of bison uncovered
Hundreds witness Mercury transit in Delhi, scientists in Srinagar disappointed
Leading astronomers to see 'Transit of Mercury' from Srinagar
Video: Man showed private parts in bus beaten by women
Chinese smartphone manufacturer Coolpad on Friday launched a new smartphone that comes wit