- Use simple cardio workouts for weight lossSurprising that The Conjuring 2 is doing very well on Box OfficeBlood Donation Day: What ails the blood donation sectorB'day Special: Why we call Kirron Kher a fashionistaAnil-Arjun to play Uncle-Nephew onscreenHow to keep your make-up products safe during monsoonKarisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur granted divorceShekhar Kapur's tryst with Shakespeare for 'Will'Wow! Aamir loses 25 kgs post-DangalBollywood thumbs up to High Court order on Udta Punjab
Portugal winger Nani believes star striker Cristiano Ronaldo’s brace against Hungary in
Tributes to Hazarika on first death anniversary Last Updated : 05 Nov 2012 07:52:37 PM IST Tez Hazarika paying tributes to his father music maestro Bhupen Hazarika on his first death anniversary in Guwahati on Monday.
Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi, paying his respects to the maestro at his samadhi (cremation ground) at the Gauhati University campus here, said that "as long as the mighty Brahmaputra flows, the maestro's music will continue to reverberate."
Later, addressing another memorial meet at the Latasil Field here, the chief minister said Hazarika would continue to inspire people, especially youths, for generations to come through his rich musical legacy.
The chief minister also attended a prayer meet at Hazarika's residence in Nizarapar area here where noted filmmamker and his companion of 35 years Kalpana Lajmi was present.
Prayer and memorial meetings were organised across the state where people from all walks of life gathered to pay musical tributes to the late musician.
In Golaghat district, more than ten thousand people from different walks of life, social and cultural organisations gathered to sing the maestro's popular number 'Manuhe Manuher babe' as a tribute to him.
Hazarika's statue, along with those of two other cultural giants of the state, first Assamese filmmaker Jyoti Prasad Agarwala and revolutionary singer and artist Bishnu Prasad Rabha, was also unveiled at Golaghat.
Kalpana Lajmi would also be felicitated for the first time in Assam at a public function in Golaghat tomorrow as a recognition of her contribution to his life.
Hazarika's son Tez and his estranged wife Priyamvada Patel Hazarika, who arrived here from Canada earlier, had performed the annual 'sradh' according to the Hindu calendar on October 25 last.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actor Matthew McConaughey is "in talks" to reprise his role as Rustin Cohle in the televis
- Megan Fox expecting a boy
- Ankita Lokhande not dating Kushal Tandon
- Have always been unlucky in love: Salman Khan
- Sky is the limit for me with right director: Alia Bhatt
- It's not about size of role in Hollywood, but experience: Deepika
- Revealed: Whom is Ankita Lokhande dating after Sushant!
- 'Raman Raghav 2.0': Cleverly crafted, compelling
- Shivaay poster: Erika Kaar joins the journey
Over 10 years, the central government spent Rs 21,482 crore ($3.2 billion) building houses
Panasonic India on Thursday launched a new fully-rugged, 2-in-1 lightweight Toughbook CF-2